• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

The only questions about Justin Jackson's game, coming into the NFL, were his lack of ideal size, and lack of ideal speed.

Tough to stay healthy in the NFL, when you've got that size/speed deficit, and you're the recipient of blows you managed to avoid when playing in college against opponents who were, by and large, smaller and slower than the guys tackling you as a pro.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
      The only questions about Justin Jackson's game, coming into the NFL, were his lack of ideal size, and lack of ideal speed.

Tough to stay healthy in the NFL, when you've got that size/speed deficit, and you're the recipient of blows you managed to avoid when playing in college against opponents who were, by and large, smaller and slower than the guys tackling you as a pro.
      I don't buy that -He played in the Big Ten so he played against many other top players, guys who are playing in the NFL today.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

What would this team be like if we had a RB like LT?
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I don't buy that -He played in the Big Ten so he played against many other top players, guys who are playing in the NFL today.
          You figure maybe on average, four players from his college opponents' teams made it to the NFL?

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Lol! What is it like to score a TD on 9.5 out every of 10 possessions?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

If Horvath impresses in the preseason, our RB room could be Ekeler, Spiller, Horvath : small, medium, large.
              I wouldn’t mind if an UDFA beat out Kelley and Roundtree for the 4th spot. I’m not attached to either.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

It's not good to dream too much.
                LT, Dickerson and Peterson don't exist in 2022.
                Can't wait to see Ekeler-Spiller duo.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

It's not good to dream too much.
                  LT, Dickerson and Peterson don't exist in 2022.
                  Can't wait to see Ekeler-Spiller duo.
                  Jonathan Taylor and Derrick Henry do just fine in comparison to the three legends you mentioned. The issue is running backs like those are pretty much finished after five seasons--Todd Gurley, Zeke Elliott, Saquon Barkely, etc.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Lol! What is it like to score a TD on 9.5 out every of 10 possessions?
                    And not fumble with boat load of touches

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Spiller seems to be a polarizing pick. My YouTube feed is getting vids made by pundits who either think his success in college is going to transfer well into the NFL or who believe his style is not going to be successful in the NFL. At one time, earlier in his college career, he was considered one of the best RBs in the nation. I'm unsure whether he was the first choice of Telesco/Staley at 123. They may have had their eye on another RB, possibly Zamir White, whom the Raiders picked at No. 122. I don't have anything to back that up really, other than Telesco saying after the draft the board didn't fall they way the had wanted. Of course, if Spiller was not Telesco's first choice, that may turn out to be a positive, given Telesco's RB picks in the previous two drafts appear to be complete and total busts. So if Spiller was not Telesco's first choice (again I have nothing substantial to back that up) he'll probably turn out to be pretty good. :biggrin:

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                        If Horvath impresses in the preseason, our RB room could be Ekeler, Spiller, Horvath : small, medium, large.
                        I wouldn’t mind if an UDFA beat out Kelley and Roundtree for the 4th spot. I’m not attached to either.
                        Sound, cuz neither have shown much, likely why we drafted two RBs.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          Spiller is exactly the same height and weight as Melvin Gordon. Gordon was not exactly a power back, but he had enough size he could power through tackles and often did. Spiller clocked the 40 about a tenth of a second slower than Gordon, but he seems to possess Gordon's initial burst, which is what made Gordon successful. Spiller is also an upright runner, like Gordon, but he has moves that Gordon does not. Have you watched Spiller's video? Some of the moves he makes - the ability to stop and start on a dime, to juke defenders out of their underwear, it's LT-esque.

During his three prime years for the Chargers, Gordon averaged 996 yds rushing, 9.3 rushing TDs and 462 yds receiving and 3.3 receiving TDs per year. The last time the Chargers were in the playoffs, Gordon was in his prime splitting touches with Ekeler in 2018, the Chargers won 12 games.

When Gordon was in his prime, Ekeler was just getting started. Ekeler only blossomed into the outstanding player he is today after Gordon's departure. If Spiller can bring back some of what the offense had when Gordon was in his prime, this will be the most complete offense in the league.
                          Main difference between the 2 is vision. Gordon has none.

Comment

Working...
                          X