• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    "Blueskins" is offensive to people choking.
    try again.
    The Barbie Pink Skins......you can just call them the Barbies for short.:rasta:

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

DeAndre Carter has had a very impressive camp as a WR.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

pretty gloom and doom, guess that's where you get the name Blueman.

Chargers Will make the playoffs this year from better field position alone. The run defense looks drastically improved. Special teams more strategic and better punter tactics. Year 3 Herbert will only continue to improve, and more weapons to spread field out. Running back group looks improved and teams cannot load the box. The fact Chargers have much improved depth could also play a big factor. Love the veteran signings and more players in prime, peak playing ability. Coaching can be less desperate and less risk taking, using analytics and experience gained from year one. No way in hell the Chargers miss playoffs this time around.
        Lol, fair. And agree with all that, we definitely should make the playoffs.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The Barbie Pink Skins......you can just call them the Barbies for short.:rasta:
          Has no one offered up the Washington Foreskins? Too obvious?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

Palmer modeling game after Allen

Allen missed the Chargers’ Week 15 win over the Giants last year while on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Palmer filled Allen’s role in the offense for that game, and he had his best performance of his rookie season, catching five passes on seven targets for 66 yards and a touchdown. The touchdown catch looked like a mirror image of Allen. Palmer set up the defensive back with a stutter at the top of his route before breaking to the sideline. Herbert hit him in stride, and Palmer surged upfield and into the end zone.

Ever since the Chargers drafted Palmer in the third round last year, they have felt like the Tennessee product has the skill set — size, route-running ability and strong hands, particularly in traffic and contested-catch situations — to operate effectively in the slot. And that Giants game was evidence that Palmer is a good fit for the slot-heavy Allen role in Joe Lombardi’s offense.

Interestingly, Palmer sees that resemblance, too. So much so that he says he has been watching Allen’s tape “almost every day” this offseason, including during training camp.

Sometimes, Palmer will see something from Allen’s tape and bring a clip on his phone to show Allen at the facility. He will ask questions about releases, movements at the top of routes and other receiver technique specifics.

“I showed him his own film this morning,” Palmer said Tuesday.

Palmer added jokingly: “He’s probably tired of me by now.”

Palmer said he has gone back as far as Allen’s rookie year in 2013 to find tape to watch. Allen is widely regarded as one of the best route runners in football.

“It’s pretty much unmatchable,” Palmer said of Allen’s route-running prowess. “So if I can get as close as possible, then I’ll be good, just add it to my game and what I have.”

There is an added layer of intrigue here. The Chargers can save almost $15 million in cap space if they move on from Allen after this season, according to OverTheCap. We are getting a little ahead of ourselves here, but the Chargers do have what could be a younger, cheaper replacement on the roster in Palmer, who should get most of the third-receiver snaps this season.

Defensive back is among the most competitive position groups on the roster, but Taylor — a sixth-round pick — is making a 53-man push.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Popper is making it sound like Taylor is a long shot to make the roster. While it is not unheard of to cut draft picks, most of them, even 6th and 7th round guys make the roster and stick for at least a year.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                DeAndre Carter has had a very impressive camp as a WR.
                Sweet. That's a relief for me.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

I want to apologize to Steve, equivocation, and any others I may have pissed off by my insistence on what a faster WR could do for our team. I got heated about it for some reason that actually has nothing to do with any of you all. I've been in a challenging place emotionally in recent weeks. I've really missed being with some friends I use to hang with twice a week and I think it's had an effect on me. I'll be going back to them pretty soon and hopefully that means I won't get carried away and lose focus on what really matters (being kind to others).

Thank you

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    Popper is making it sound like Taylor is a long shot to make the roster. While it is not unheard of to cut draft picks, most of them, even 6th and 7th round guys make the roster and stick for at least a year.
                    It seems to me that on good teams late round picks more often don't make the cut, the talent level ahead of them is too good. Especially if a team has multiple picks in the 6th and 7th rounds like the Chargers did this year. Rebuilding teams on the other hand covet mulitple late round picks because they need to add all the talent they can get their hands on.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                      I want to apologize to Steve, equivocation, and any others I may have pissed off by my insistence on what a faster WR could do for our team. I got heated about it for some reason that actually has nothing to do with any of you all. I've been in a challenging place emotionally in recent weeks. I've really missed being with some friends I use to hang with twice a week and I think it's had an effect on me. I'll be going back to them pretty soon and hopefully that means I won't get carried away and lose focus on what really matters (being kind to others).

Thank you
                      I don't remember reading anything by you that was out of line or ridiculous. I think you are a well-respected poster on this forum.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Thank you
                        Dude, you’re good.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Dude, you’re good.
                          So are you. :rimshot: