• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lightsout42
    Hire a winning coach
    • Oct 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
    Edge rotation #1, RT insurance #2. Go ahead and try out a few more punters too.
    This is my thought too. Definitely need solid Edge rotation and depth. Would be preferable to grab a vet RT for competition/depth. And a punter or two to compete.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

I believe that TT & BS will watch the waiver wire VERY closely up to and after June 1st. The areas of need are completely liquid IMHO and changes are a comin.......

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

My vote is Trey Flowers.
        I want some EDGE setting, run defense, leadership.
        He has size, and a ring.
        A perfect dude to spell Bosa/Mack.
        Not nearly as much pass rush juice, but role responsibilty is there.
        Rumph the Younger + Mr Quads n Calfs bring da juice out there on the EDGE.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

I don't think you sign Aboushi, though I did like the guy. They are not going to move Feiler out to RT....silver lining? We have gone from no interior line depth to outstanding and versatile interior line depth.

I think we roll with what we have, and our RT, due to an overall better team across the board, will have far less trouble out there. BUT....I would certainly be ok with a surprise vet upgrade, send Storm packing with my thanks for his effort, and let Pip and the vet mash it out.

That or an edge addition. I don't like Egbule or Davis to impress....but maybe we will be surprised.
          Last edited by Lone Bolt; 05-01-2022, 02:48 PM.
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            I don't think you sign Aboushi, though I did like the guy. They are not going to move Feiler out to RT....silver lining? We have gone from no interior line depth to outstanding and versatile interior line depth.

I think we role with what we have, and our RT, due to an overall better team across the board, will have far less trouble out there. BUT....I would certainly be ok with a surprise vet upgrade, send Storm packing with my thanks for his effort, and let Pip and the vet mash it out.

That or an edge addition. I don't like Egbule or Davis to impress....but maybe we will be surprised.
            In agreement with you again LB.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
              Oday Aboushi. If the Chargers don't want to move Feiler to RT (stubborn)... then move Zion to RT. It would give Zion a veteran presense (ala Feiler/Slater). Maybe Pipkins has miraculously improved. Hard for me to fathom... having seen his prior play. Even if he has improved, he's a free agent at season's end.

I would also like to see Justin Jackson re-signed. Let Spiller take one of Kelly/Roundtree roster spots.
              For me, when they drafted Zion I though they would move Feiler to RT, Zion LG, and Aboushi at RG and our line was done. At least the starters.

Comment

• Chargers8491
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2022
                • Send PM

From what I gathered from Staley's presser after the draft they will look at edge, oline, and maybe lb'er from the 2nd wave of FAs.
                1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
                2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
                2b- #37 Jenkins DT
                3a- #66 Puni OT
                3b- #69 Sainristill CB
                4a- #105 Rice WR
                4b- #110 Lloyd RB
                5- #140 Green CB
                6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

if they sign Aboushi, that would prolly affect a roster spot @RB/FB or OT ??
                  on D, they could add another NT, either bring Linval back or sign someone like Danny Shelton, and.... we need another edge, someone like Takkarist McKinley ??
                  the guess is that would take the CB group back down to 5, if we added two DL ??

QB * Herbert, Chase
                  RB * Ekeler, Kelley, Rountree, Isaiah Spiller, Zander Horvath
                  FB * Gabe Nabers
                  WR * Keenan, MW, Palmer, Guyton, DeAndre Carter
                  TE * Gerald Everett, McKitty, Parham
                  OT * Rashawn, Feiler, Pips, Storm
                  OG * Zion, Jaimes, Salyer
                  OC * Linsley, Will Clapp

NT * Otito Ogbonnia
                  DT * Sebastian Joseph Day, Austin Johnson, Tillery, Covington
                  DE * Joey, Khalil, Rumph
                  LB * Murray, Tranquil, Troy Reeder, Ogbongbemiga, Niemann
                  CB * JC Jackson, Asante, Tevaughn, Kemon, Ja-Sir Taylor, Deanne Leonard, Mike D.
                  S * Derwin, Nas, Alohi, Mark Webb, JT Woods

PK * Hopkins
                  PT * JK Scott
                  LS * Josh Harris
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

There just happens to be a decent crop of edge rushers still available (which my explain why it wasn't a priority in the draft).

Jadeveon Clowney 29
                    Trey Flowers 29
                    Melvin Ingram 33
                    Justin Houston 33
                    Jerry Hughes 34
                    Jason Pierre-Paul 34

There are others, but these are the players that stand out to me. Yeah, some of these guys are older, but in a very limited role as back ups, playing just a few snaps per game, I think they can still be effective.
                    If they really want to add someone, looking at Jerry Hughes or Justin Houston as situational rushers looks like it might be good. Then they can move Bosa around more to gain mismatches, and it would still give Rumph a chance to play on earlier downs, and still rotate in on passing downs if he is developing the moves.

Clowney and Flowers are good players, but they are both looking for starting jobs, not to play 2nd fiddle to Mack and Bosa.

If I brought back Ingram it would be to play goalline MLB, not to be a situational pass rusher. He still adds a little, but not much.

JPP only thing going for him is that he typically plays better every other year, and last year was a bad year for him. But he has a long list of on-field injuries, including the bad shoulder that limited him last year. He also has the very public off-field injuries. But unless he has Lee Major's doctor ($6 mill dollar man reference), I can't see him being a big help, even as a situational rusher.

The only name that really looked good to me that is not on the list is Anthony Barr, and while he has not been used as a pass rusher much in the NFL was viewed as one of the best edge rushers in his draft class, and didn't do much of that because of Minn always had a strong group at edge. He is probably looking for a starting gig, but at this point there are several better options ahead of the list, and while he doesn't have much experience as a edge rusher, he has been a good LB for Minn and sets a pretty good edge vs the run. But given his recent injuries, it would have to be a cheap contract.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post
                      Would like another vet WR (J. Landry maybe),

Depth at Edge, ILB
                      I don’t see us getting another ILB after signing Reeder already. It’s depth at Edge and CB.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post

How many full season has MW played ?
                        We play a lot of 3 WR formation
                        2nd wave FA wont break the bank IMO
                        we should sign one more WR IMO
                        To compete with Palmer and Guyton
                        We signed DeAndre Carter. I think that’s it for WR unless an injury happens.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                          Oday Aboushi. If the Chargers don't want to move Feiler to RT (stubborn)... then move Zion to RT. It would give Zion a veteran presense (ala Feiler/Slater). Maybe Pipkins has miraculously improved. Hard for me to fathom... having seen his prior play. Even if he has improved, he's a free agent at season's end.

I would also like to see Justin Jackson re-signed. Let Spiller take one of Kelly/Roundtree roster spots.
                          Given Jackson’s durability issues, I don’t see it yet.

RT is an interesting conundrum. But I still think a vet RT to compete in camp like Reilly or Daryl Williams.

Comment

Working...
                          X