LG Zion
    C Linsley
    RG Aboushi
    RT Feiler

Depth/development for those 2 years:

OT: Pipkins (1 year)
    OG: Jaimes, Salyer
    OC: Clapp

I suspect Pipkins will start @RT next year... with lots of help from TE's and RB's...

Comment

• Chargerfreak
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

To-ma-to
      To-mah-to
      I'm just saying I would like Spiller to earn RB2 over Jackson. Or he can just eat a sandwich and just wait for Jackson's yearly injuries.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerfreak View Post

I'm just saying I would like Spiller to earn RB2 over Jackson. Or he can just eat a sandwich and just wait for Jackson's yearly injuries.
        Jackson isn't even on the roster. He is a FA.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerfreak View Post

I think that is a given.
          But I don't get the resistance to also bringing back JJ. His running style is more akin to Ekeler's (should Eke get hurt).
          JJ will be cheap. Injuries happen in football. There's no guarantee any football player will be injury free...
          I really don't see the problem with JJ taking Kelly's or Roundtree's roster spot.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

I think that is a given.
            But I don't get the resistance to also bringing back JJ. His running style is more akin to Ekeler's (should Eke get hurt).
            JJ will be cheap. Injuries happen in football. There's no guarantee any football player will be injury free...
            I really don't see the problem with JJ taking Kelly's or Roundtree's roster spot.
            Neither do i......a third back might be his best role.

I'd rather have something sometimes (Jackson) than guys who give you not much all of the time.

Comment

• Chargerfreak
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Jackson isn't even on the roster. He is a FA.
              Discussion was about him coming back.

Comment

• Chargerfreak
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

I think that is a given.
                I'm for it.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yeah, and I'm sure Herbert is upset about that. :goofylol:
                  LOL, I’m baffled by the obsession so many charger fans have with WR, just completely baffled. Herbert is breaking every record in charger history passing for 5k yards throwing most TDs in charger history etc… And for some fuggin reason charger fans are convinced our WR room is not good enough and that we’re missing something, what am I missing here?!

I just don’t understand that mess…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

There just happens to be a decent crop of edge rushers still available (which my explain why it wasn't a priority in the draft).

Jadeveon Clowney 29
                    Trey Flowers 29
                    Melvin Ingram 33
                    Justin Houston 33
                    Jerry Hughes 34
                    Jason Pierre-Paul 34

There are others, but these are the players that stand out to me. Yeah, some of these guys are older, but in a very limited role as back ups, playing just a few snaps per game, I think they can still be effective.
                    Let me add takkarist mackinley to this list, he is coming off of an achilles but he was playing lights out for the browns last year when he got hurt. He was playing the way the falcons hoped he would when they drafted him. Mckinley is 26 years old and doesn’t turn 27 until November. Last season Eric Fischer got hurt in late january of 2021 and he was available by September(?) for the colts. He played in 10 games granted he wasn’t at his best but he was in a new offensive system as well. Mckinley got hurt a month earlier in the calender year and he’s a smaller lighter man than fischer. If his recovery is on schedule like fischer’s we would have mckinley available before the start of the season and they could stash him on IR to begin the season and bring him on slower if they wanted to. He’s younger and he would be the type of guy that could net compensatory pick if he were to leave in 2023 FA. I’ve read that Staley is really high on him too.
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Oday Aboushi. If the Chargers don't want to move Feiler to RT (stubborn)... then move Zion to RT. It would give Zion a veteran presense (ala Feiler/Slater). Maybe Pipkins has miraculously improved. Hard for me to fathom... having seen his prior play. Even if he has improved, he's a free agent at season's end.

I would also like to see Justin Jackson re-signed. Let Spiller take one of Kelly/Roundtree roster spots.
                      yes, they are determined to make good on the pipkins pick, LOL!!! It’s not like they drafted him in the first round, I don’t understand the decision making there and I too am not buying the pimpkins stuff. I do hope it’s true but what in the hell has he done to give any indication that he was fixing to turn the corner?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                        I believe that TT & BS will watch the waiver wire VERY closely up to and after June 1st. The areas of need are completely liquid IMHO and changes are a comin.......
                        TT & BS!!! :LOL: OMG:rofl:

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Let me add takkarist mackinley to this list, he is coming off of an achilles but he was playing lights out for the browns last year when he got hurt. He was playing the way the falcons hoped he would when they drafted him. Mckinley is 26 years old and doesn’t turn 27 until November. Last season Eric Fischer got hurt in late january of 2021 and he was available by September(?) for the colts. He played in 10 games granted he wasn’t at his best but he was in a new offensive system as well. Mckinley got hurt a month earlier in the calender year and he’s a smaller lighter man than fischer. If his recovery is on schedule like fischer’s we would have mckinley available before the start of the season and they could stash him on IR to begin the season and bring him on slower if they wanted to. He’s younger and he would be the type of guy that could net compensatory pick if he were to leave in 2023 FA. I’ve read that Staley is really high on him too.
                          That is interesting, but it is all about the price.
                          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X