• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

It was Larry Borom who exceeded expectations as a fifth-rounder, locking down the starting right tackle job en route to a 61.4 overall grade.
    it does happen.... are Jaimes & Salyer better bets/gets, going forward, than Pips 'n Storm ??

Regrading the 2021 NFL Draft classes: Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins among biggest risers | NFL Draft | PFF
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
      Is there any hope/word on resigning Aboushi? Even if he's not a starter, he's a really solid depth piece who could likely be had for cheap.
      Only if there’s an injury at one of the IOL. Otherwise I don’t see us bringing him back given the depth we have currently.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

it does happen.... are Jaimes & Salyer better bets/gets, going forward, than Pips 'n Storm ??

Regrading the 2021 NFL Draft classes: Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins among biggest risers | NFL Draft | PFF
        Pipkins had a higher PFF grade (63.3) as a rookie.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

It might also be worth noting that he wasn't a day 1 starter.

He only played 9 snaps week 1, and then didn't get back on the field at all until week 8 because he was on IR due to an ankle injury he suffered during that 1st game. He also missed week 15, but I can't find out why that was. He started 8 games at RT and played 71 snaps at LT vs Seattle in wk 16, although they didn't list him as the starter.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think you should stop worrying about an RT until it actually becomes a problem. It seems that the more important OL was an RG.
            In all fairness, it was a HUGE problem the last time we saw them play, and its still the same guy today as far as we know.

I am glad to see this forum shift away from the “Scho was pretty good” hilarity. He sucked, sucks and will suck forever more.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

In all fairness, it was a HUGE problem the last time we saw them play, and its still the same guy today as far as we know.

I am glad to see this forum shift away from the “Scho was pretty good” hilarity. He sucked, sucks and will suck forever more.
              Scho was better than i had expected. He was the proverbial swinging door as our RT and was closer to avg at RG. Playing next to Linsley helped, I'm sure. Anyway, it makes no difference. The Chargers didn't want him. He's gone.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

This TPB crowd is going berserk.
                  Pip n Storm duking it out.
                  Feiler says get out of the way.
                  Good times.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                    surprise GIF
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

I wonder if Staley believes that with additional interior improvement with our oline draft picks that he can allow storm and Pip to focus on outside threats. With our new guards they are capable of adjusting to stunts on the inside. Thoughts anyone?

:wtf:
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                        I wonder if Staley believes that with additional interior improvement with our oline draft picks that he can allow storm and Pip to focus on outside threats. With our new guards they are capable of adjusting to stunts on the inside. Thoughts anyone?

Rather I think he believes (hopes) that our additional interior OL improvements allow Feiler to move to RT without affecting the IOL performance.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Staley & co are not playing to lose.
                          RT will get help from OL scheme, added jumbo, RB/FB, TE, playcalls unless not needed.

Comment

Working...
                          X