Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Veteran cuts

Who do you think? I was going to title this thread "Surprise cuts", but my list seems a bit too obvious:

- McClain
    - Starks
    - Harris
    - Goodman

However, I will throw out three names which would qualify as surprises:

- Ronnie Brown
    - CBJ
    - Royal

And another that would qualify as a BIG surprise (for obvious reasons):

- Meachump
  • Maverick
    (Coryellian)
    • Jun 2013
    • Point Loma
    • Send PM

I would prefer we keep McClain, Brown, CBJ, & Royal.

I wouldn't shed a tear about the other clowns being shown the door.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
      I would prefer we keep McClain, Brown, CBJ, & Royal.

I wouldn't shed a tear about the other clowns being shown the door.
      concur. The Harris and Goodman experiments are probably over with (marginally) better guys to take their places. We don't have the depth to cut his others.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• maurile
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I don't think cutting Menachem would be a surprise. Willie is better, and he'd cost only around $400,000 more than Menachem.

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          Who do you think? I was going to title this thread "Surprise cuts", but my list seems a bit too obvious:

- McClain
          - Starks
          - Harris
          - Goodman

However, I will throw out three names which would qualify as surprises:

- Ronnie Brown
          - CBJ
          - Royal

And another that would qualify as a BIG surprise (for obvious reasons):

- Meachump
          I agree with you about Starks and Goodman. Starks just hasn't shown he is worth keeping at his price. I think Harris beats him out to be honest. Not sure about McClain. We may keep him for ST. Two years ago we had Hester. Last year we had Battle. This year we have ? Plus if we cut Goodman there goes one of our gunners. God knows we need help on ST. Brown is a maybe. Haven't seen Woodcockhead yet so cutting Brown could be an issue if WCH has issues staying in the lineup. Fuzzy-wuzzy has played well but young backs are often a tease in preseason. No way CBJ gets cut. Royal probably stays because of the injury to DZ. Meachem is too expensive to cut.

Comment

• Maverick
            (Coryellian)
            • Jun 2013
            • Point Loma
            • Send PM

Originally posted by maurile View Post
            I don't think cutting Menachem would be a surprise. Willie is better, and he'd cost only around $400,000 more than Menachem.
            Yeah, I've been a big fan of Mike Willie since last year.....hope he breaks out this year.

So sick of Meach.

Comment

• Maverick
              (Coryellian)
              • Jun 2013
              • Point Loma
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
              I agree with you about Starks and Goodman. Starks just hasn't shown he is worth keeping at his price. I think Harris beats him out to be honest. Not sure about McClain. We may keep him for ST. Two years ago we had Hester. Last year we had Battle. This year we have ? Plus if we cut Goodman there goes one of our gunners. God knows we need help on ST. Brown is a maybe. Haven't seen Woodcockhead yet so cutting Brown could be an issue if WCH has issues staying in the lineup. Fuzzy-wuzzy has played well but young backs are often a tease in preseason. No way CBJ gets cut. Royal probably stays because of the injury to DZ. Meachem is too expensive to cut.
              Would it be cap friendly to cut Starks at this point, or are we already on the hook for his $2milli? Trust me, I'd be all for it if we could jettison this guy immediately, especially after last night's showing....freaking awful.

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                Would it be cap friendly to cut Starks at this point, or are we already on the hook for his $2milli? Trust me, I'd be all for it if we could jettison this guy immediately, especially after last night's showing....freaking awful.
                He costs us $2.25M if he makes the roster and $160K if he doesn't.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Mods, please add an N to the second word in the title.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

some of you need to go back and watch the game and pay a little more attention. same with acee who makes his analysis after watching the game live. its impossible to do. starks got beat once on a nice move. no other pressures. harris beating him out is a joke. harris has been consistently bad. if anyone is going to beat starks out it's becton.

Comment

• Den60
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                      some of you need to go back and watch the game and pay a little more attention. same with acee who makes his analysis after watching the game live. its impossible to do. starks got beat once on a nice move. no other pressures. harris beating him out is a joke. harris has been consistently bad. if anyone is going to beat starks out it's becton.
                      OK, it will be Becton. Doesn't matter to me whether it is him or Harris (though Harris has played "real" games before). Starks has looked slow and lost out there. We cut him and take the $2.09M cap savings and maybe, in combination with some other cuts, have the money to re-do Butler's contract.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                        I would rather get Becton more reps toward the near future.
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X