• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

If it was a shorter drop Rivers would have gone down even quicker. Great plan!

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
      If it was a shorter drop Rivers would have gone down even quicker. Great plan!
      Or the pass rusher would have been pushed right past him - like Rivers said.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Or the pass rusher would have been pushed right past him - like Rivers said.

The guys wasn't the Titanic, he could fucking turn. Starks never got a hand on him, which probably explains why he doesn't get called for holding much.

Comment

• RobH
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Tokyo, Japan
          • University English Lecturer
          • Send PM

Starks has been playing quite a bit these last two games, albeit mostly against second stringers, but this was the only sack that he has allowed. Granted, it was a bad one, but everybody gets beat. I think it's still far too early to write him out of the plans for the year. My guess is that he becomes the swing OT. If we get a young LT who can step in right away next year, then perhaps King becomes the swing tackle next year.

Comment

• maurile
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
            if we cut mcclain, starks and whitehurst is that enough to be able to cut meachem too?
            Cutting Meachem is free. Meachem costs the same amount whether we cut him or keep him.

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
              Starks has been playing quite a bit these last two games, albeit mostly against second stringers, but this was the only sack that he has allowed. Granted, it was a bad one, but everybody gets beat. I think it's still far too early to write him out of the plans for the year. My guess is that he becomes the swing OT. If we get a young LT who can step in right away next year, then perhaps King becomes the swing tackle next year.
              I will be surprised to see him taking any snaps at LT this next game until the second half. If he does come it, we will be running the ball. The guy is done and he never was all that great in the first place.

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by maurile View Post
                Cutting Meachem is free. Meachem costs the same amount whether we cut him or keep him.
                He costs us $3.75M + whatever player takes his roster spot more if we cut him that if we keep him. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes type talent to find that information either.

Comment

• maurile
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                  He costs us $3.75M + whatever player takes his roster spot more if we cut him that if we keep him. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes type talent to find that information either.
                  This is wrong. His cap number is $6.875 million this season and $3.75 million next season if we cut him now, and it's the exact same if we cut him next March. There's no difference. I've linked to the relevant section of the CBA several times.

It does cost an extra $400,000 or so to keep Mike Willie or whomever instead of Meachem, but that's insignificant.

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2013
                    • Send PM

Unless the coaches are seeing something else, the team simply cannot afford to keep Meachem if he's going to be the dead weight he appears to be. I'd rather give Depalma, Willie or Tasker the spot and maybe we can score a decent prospect from the final cut downs.

I hope they give Tasker a good hard look at KR/PR the next few weeks.

Comment

• Den60
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

This is wrong. His cap number is $6.875 million this season and $3.75 million next season if we cut him now, and it's the exact same if we cut him next March. There's no difference. I've linked to the relevant section of the CBA several times.

It does cost an extra $400,000 or so to keep Mike Willie or whomever instead of Meachem, but that's insignificant.

And he has 2 years of of pro-rated bonus ($1.875M) that is counted against the cap this year if we cut him. This isn't rocket science, it's actually pretty simple.

His salary next year would be the same as this year, $5M. It goes up to $6.5M his last year. He won't see that money.
                      Last edited by Den60; 08-17-2013, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

if this is true then meachem is gone.

Brown
                        Floyd
                        Allen
                        Royal
                        Willie
                        Tasker or DePalma (whichever one can return kicks. If neither can then maybe Ajirotutu or some other teams cut)

Comment

• Den60
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                          if this is true then meachem is gone.

Brown
                          Floyd
                          Allen
                          Royal
                          Willie
                          Tasker or DePalma (whichever one can return kicks. If neither can then maybe Ajirotutu or some other teams cut)
                          It's true. I just got confirmation from the Easter Bunny.

Comment

Working...
                          X