• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    Who do you think? I was going to title this thread "Surprise cuts", but my list seems a bit too obvious:

- McClain
    - Starks
    - Harris
    - Goodman
    None of those guys should make the team. But Harris might.

Ronnie Brown definitely needs to be on the roster.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
      None of those guys should make the team. But Harris might.

Ronnie Brown definitely needs to be on the roster.
      Starks AKA Choclate Clary = CUT, you don't need two Clary's
      Harris= Cut hasn't improved
      Goodman=Cut one show pony and we need depth
      McClain= ? Hard to say, but very possible especially if we need to go after a decent OT that gets cut

Meacham= Were stuck with him due to $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

if we cut mcclain, starks and whitehurst is that enough to be able to cut meachem too?

stop hating on clary the guard. he's looked good so far.

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
          if we cut mcclain, starks and whitehurst is that enough to be able to cut meachem too?

stop hating on clary the guard. he's looked good so far.

No Hating on Clary at Guard I think he is doing okay , but I am hating on Starks aka Choclate Clary he is showing to be worse than Clary when was at Tackle last year. Choclate Clary not even in positon to draw a hold!

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

slow and steady wins the race. Who's your veteran swing OT if Starks is cut? Not sure why some people expect a 10 year OL vet with Super Bowl experience to do anything more in TC/preseason than try to get himself ready for the season when he's needed. I don't think he needs to look all Pro and impress the hell out of his coaches by looking younger and faster to make this team.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
              slow and steady wins the race.
              He's definitely slow.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

slow and steady wins the race. Who's your veteran swing OT if Starks is cut? Not sure why some people expect a 10 year OL vet with Super Bowl experience to do anything more in TC/preseason than try to get himself ready for the season when he's needed. I don't think he needs to look all Pro and impress the hell out of his coaches by looking younger and faster to make this team.
                becton if he keeps performing well. why does it have to be a veteran if there's a younger guy who's showing more?

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                  becton if he keeps performing well. why does it have to be a veteran if there's a younger guy who's showing more?
                  no way a rookie is your swing tackle, unless you liked the way thing went with Harris last year.
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

I won't hold my breath waiting for Becton. He's played vs. 3rd string guys. He didn't show much in camp when I saw him. He's not very strong. He has the size/length needed, but he's a project. I think Starks position on the team is pretty solid if he ends up being the swing OT.

Even on his sack, they had both McClain and RM blocking the same guy inside. They need to give more help outside. The same goes for Flukers sack, it seemed like he expected to have help inside. Clary double teamed the DT for no reason. The coaching staff needs to make adjustments. It's not like they don't know the limitations of the OT's. If they didn't call for an empty backfield, Fluker's sack never would've happened.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

no way a rookie is your swing tackle, unless you liked the way thing went with Harris last year.
                      May not have a choice we seen what Harris offered in last year pre-season and the staff seen his potential now we know his ceilling is low based on his regular season and this pre-season.

If Becton is performing well and shows potential I think you go with him, with Starks aka Chocalate Clary what you see is what you get he isn't going to improve at this stage in his career. Starks as a veteran has the smarts to use angles and tape study of opponents to position himself, but his body isn't allowing him to get there. There is a reason Starks stayed a FA long as he did.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

becton might of played against third string guys vs chicago but against seattle he was playing against twos and looked better than starks

Comment

• lightningrod13
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                          I agree with you about Starks and Goodman. Starks just hasn't shown he is worth keeping at his price. I think Harris beats him out to be honest. Not sure about McClain. We may keep him for ST. Two years ago we had Hester. Last year we had Battle. This year we have ? Plus if we cut Goodman there goes one of our gunners. God knows we need help on ST. Brown is a maybe. Haven't seen Woodcockhead yet so cutting Brown could be an issue if WCH has issues staying in the lineup. Fuzzy-wuzzy has played well but young backs are often a tease in preseason. No way CBJ gets cut. Royal probably stays because of the injury to DZ. Meachem is too expensive to cut.
                          Who's CBJ?I can't figure the acronym

Comment

Working...
                          X