• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
    Don’t understand why the highest seed doesn’t play the lowest remaining seed. We now have the NL 5th and 6th seeds playing each other for a trip to the World Series. :dunno:
    And why does this matter? They beat them. The Giants won 107 games last year and got bounced in the divisional round, What seed were the Braves last year? They won 101 games this year and got beat. The Dodgers are built for regular season success and other than a weirdo covid cardboard cutouts bullshit season what have they actually won? The only sustained success is the cheating Astros.

Braves and Dodgers have nobody to blame but themselves and I love this new format and I love this NLCS matchup.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

In all the years I've been a fan of the Padres - going back to circa 1980 - every Nor Cal baseball fan I know has been dismissive or disdainful of the team. Now suddenly everybody is a fan.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
        Holy shit.

Holy shit.

Phillies look like the scariest team in the playoffs, though. Doesn't get any easier.
        Yeah, but do they have a goose?
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Don’t understand why the highest seed doesn’t play the lowest remaining seed. We now have the NL 5th and 6th seeds playing each other for a trip to the World Series. :dunno:
          It’s like the AFC plays the NFC in the superbowl, how many times have we seen the best two teams left in the tournament square off against each other in conference championships? either in the AFC championship or in the NFC championship it’s happened in the NFL many a time…plus it’s not like wildcards haven’t won a superbowl before…

the padres have knocked out two 100 win teams to get where they are and the phillies knocked out the world champs so both of these teams have earned the right to battle each other for the right to represent the NL in the world series…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

It’s like the AFC plays the NFC in the superbowl, how many times have we seen the best two teams left in the tournament square off against each other in conference championships? either in the AFC championship or in the NFC championship it’s happened in the NFL many a time…plus it’s not like wildcards haven’t won a superbowl before…

the padres have knocked out two 100 win teams to get where they are and the phillies knocked out the world champs so both of these teams have earned the right to battle each other for the right to represent the NL in the world series…
            Should be a good one. Hoping our strong pitching continues and cools off their red hot bats.

I feel like this is the series that Soto goes off. Not sure how well he did against them when he was in the NL East, but it looks like he is heating up at the right time.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

And why does this matter? They beat them. The Giants won 107 games last year and got bounced in the divisional round, What seed were the Braves last year? They won 101 games this year and got beat. The Dodgers are built for regular season success and other than a weirdo covid cardboard cutouts bullshit season what have they actually won? The only sustained success is the cheating Astros.

Braves and Dodgers have nobody to blame but themselves and I love this new format and I love this NLCS matchup.
              he’s concerned that a 5th or 6th seed might represent the NL in the world series but what he should take into account is that the way the padres and phillies are playing right now, if they were seeded to play the top remaining seeds from the AL? It could easily be the padres facing off against the phillies in the world series, LOL!!!

:LOL:
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
                I seriously was dreading every Kim at bat...it was almost an automatic out but I do realize they got him to replace Tatis..but he got that hit so that was really unexpected. It will be interesting to see how they match up with the Philly's who seem to be really hot....I am glad the Pads just were not swept and not even competitive...and then they won so cool. Our relievers are great...whether then make it to the world series or not...I am happy with beating the dodgers...One step at a time.

My theory on Mookie....idiot messed up his swing bowling....what a dummy.....swing that heavy ball around is similar to a swing. Besides...bowling? jezzus.
                Kim was on the team last season as well. He only hit like .210 and has improved a lot this year making the adjustment from Japan to MLB.
                And i dont agree about bowling. Completely different and has nothing to do with swinging a bat.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Should be a good one. Hoping our strong pitching continues and cools off their red hot bats.

I feel like this is the series that Soto goes off. Not sure how well he did against them when he was in the NL East, but it looks like he is heating up at the right time.
                  I’ll be honest, I don’t know much about the phillies, but I honestly wonder if their bullpen is as good as ours…the same type of game that unfolded against LA yesterday could unfold against the phillies if they can’t match us bullpen for bullpen…

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Stop whining.....The Dodgers need to beat the lower seeded team and they didnt. This has happened before in baseball and football. Wild Card teams have won a superbowl. With your theory, there shouldnt even be playoffs.
                    Dont like it? Dont watch.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                      Did we win?
                      • Jun 2013
                      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                      • Send PM

I am a longtime Dodger fan. My sincere congratulations to all my TPB Padres fan brothers and sisters. I know how long you all have been waiting for this (best friend is a Pads fan). I have to admit I am still in shock at how badly you flat out kicked our asses, I mean it really could have even been worse and maybe should have been a sweep. Incredible. Good for the Pads and good for my TPB family, enjoy the ride. Nothing better than being a fan of a baseball team on a playoff run. Cheers!!

Last night's loss was so much easier for me to take because I was at the Utah-USC game in which our beloved Utes somehow, someway figured USC out in the second half and kept pace with the SC offense. Then went balls out and went for two to win the game at home on a night where we honored two deceased teammates! Incredible. The loudest, craziest game I have ever been to (and I have been to a lot, season ticket holder for 20+ years)!

Anyway..no more thread jack, CONGRATS again, hope they win it all!
                      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

I watched the game at a local bar last night. It was packed with other Padres fans. The 7th-9th innings were electric!

Off in the corner were a couple Dodgers fans. They had been pretty cocky until the 7th inning. Once we went ahead in the 7th, I informed them the game was actually over... they just didn't know it yet.

It was as exciting watching Suarez and Hader slowly strangle all Dodgers' fans hopes... pitch by pitch... as it was watching the 7th inning offensive onslaught.

Beating the fabled, hated Dodgers in the playoffs is something I've been waiting for for 50 years. Rubbing it in an actual Dodgers fans noses while it's happening....? Priceless! It was a good night!

Comment

• MakoShark
                          Disgruntled
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Alabama
                          • Send PM

Go Padres!

These late games are killing me, though.

Go Padres anyway!

F LA!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X