• dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

[QUOTE=SBbound;n1400297]
    Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

I was there too. The place went wild.

One thing I've never been able to figure out from that era, Kurt Bevacqua had an early season batting average or 1.001, how is that possible? I saw it several times.

Also if you've never heard it, look up Tommy Lasorda's meltdown over Bevacqua. Classic stuff.
    Tommy and Kurt had epic media fights. The one I remember the most was one time Tommy when asked what he thought of Kurt’s comments said “Kurt couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat. we’d send a limo to the hotel just to make sure he got to the game on time”

Classic
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
      Don’t understand why the highest seed doesn’t play the lowest remaining seed. We now have the NL 5th and 6th seeds playing each other for a trip to the World Series. :dunno:
      Its a brackets thing, set up before the start. #3 played #6 with winner to play #2. #4 played #5, winner to #1.
      Odds say #2 plays #3, #4 plays #1 in Division round, except both high seeds lost.

Philly has been very hot … hope they cool off a bit suddenly. Padres pitching is better right now than any time in the year, I just hope he doesn’t start Cleavinger in any game, he’s been very unreliable. I’d like a 3 man rotation of Yu, Blake and Joe if it can work out.

Hell - a couple of the long closers look better than either Cleavinger or Manaea imo. Go to an all-bullpen game for that 4th rotation spot.

Comment

• SBbound
        Casual fanatic
        • Feb 2019
        • Merced/San Diego
        • Send PM

[QUOTE=dmac_bolt;n1401004]
        Originally posted by SBbound View Post
        Tommy and Kurt had epic media fights. The one I remember the most was one time Tommy when asked what he thought of Kurt’s comments said “Kurt couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat. we’d send a limo to the hotel just to make sure he got to the game on time”

Classic
        I think there was probably half a dozen F bombs in there as well.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

:ml:

:demonkid:
          Lol

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            111 wins for nothing.
            I don't care if we win another game this post season, we have officially put the league on notice, next season, we get youknowwho back.
            wts, we're not done.
            I want the WS now after this series.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

[QUOTE=SBbound;n1401021]
              Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think there was probably half a dozen F bombs in there as well.
              No doubt, indeed

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                The Precious
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I’ll be honest, I don’t know much about the phillies, but I honestly wonder if their bullpen is as good as ours…the same type of game that unfolded against LA yesterday could unfold against the phillies if they can’t match us bullpen for bullpen…
                In 16 innings pitched the Padres bullpen gave up one run. Philly is similar although I think they gave up 4 runs and they have some flame throwers as well.

Like I said pitchers ice those arms and a couple days off is huge and Hader closed three days in a row and last night he was going to more off speed movement.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  Lol

baby crying GIF
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Still hard to believe the padres beat the Dodgers'
                    Padres did have the pitching - bullpen was fantastic
                    timely hitting
                    bring on the Phillies

LFGSD

Comment

• Iowachargers70
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

I admit it was very hard to keep quiet while my wife and 7 yr old were asleep in their rooms., but I thought I did an excellent job. Midnight here when the Padres rallied for 5 runs in the 7th. After 1 a.m. when the last out was recorded. I considered going to bed when the 7th inning started, but I didn't.

You know what I found amazing was all the Padres fans. Damn that was great. Great idea by selling tickets only to certain zip codes in the San Diego area. Home field advantage should be just that, home field advantage. I have no doubt in my mind that this will continue into the LCS. Anybody posting in this thread going to the games? Would love to hear your experiences.

What about Tatis? I know he can't attend games like he was before his suspension, but would love to know his mindset. I would think he would be proud of what this team is accomplishing.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

[QUOTE=dmac_bolt;n1401004]
                        Originally posted by SBbound View Post

Classic
                        Of course i hated Tommy Lasorda.

He was at the final closing game at Candlestick park and gave a speech afterwards, along with others.
                        People were afraid to walk with him, so pronounced was Giant fans hatred towards the man.

He had a lot of nice things to say about the Giants and their great tradition during the speech.
                        He had Giants fans eating from his hands - the melting of their frozen hearts was palpable.

To close out, Lasorda said: "You know, you don't hate me you love me; you only hate yourselves for loving me so much!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Iowachargers70 View Post
                          I admit it was very hard to keep quiet while my wife and 7 yr old were asleep in their rooms., but I thought I did an excellent job. Midnight here when the Padres rallied for 5 runs in the 7th. After 1 a.m. when the last out was recorded. I considered going to bed when the 7th inning started, but I didn't.

You know what I found amazing was all the Padres fans. Damn that was great. Great idea by selling tickets only to certain zip codes in the San Diego area. Home field advantage should be just that, home field advantage. I have no doubt in my mind that this will continue into the LCS. Anybody posting in this thread going to the games? Would love to hear your experiences.

What about Tatis? I know he can't attend games like he was before his suspension, but would love to know his mindset. I would think he would be proud of what this team is accomplishing.
                          I hope he’s staying positive through all of this as opposed to:killme:
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X