Cowboys @ Chargers Preseason Game Day Thread (PS #2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Marty would throw gas on these guys and light them on fire. Then kick them in the balls. I like that style. I just really fear we are hyped up on Mike Riley 2.0.

Ill tell you this...im still pumped for the season. I just am afraid of using the dreaded word....

REGRESSION
    Worried about if we are getting better or not. Based on the depth...not looking like it so far. I will trust Staley until i no longer can. But we have to at least make the playoffs. To not make it with this roster would be pathetic.

I cant wait for his quiet little passive presser. Football players respond to firey coaches who show some serious emotion about bad play. Im not sure he has that in him.
    I guess I respectfully disagree about fiery pressers. I don’t think that helps at all.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

That's Bailey, our 3rd string RT...he's a poor man's Norton...
      Bailey got beat a lot, but sarrell, hunter, and jaimes didn’t look that good either…I have to go back and revaluate pipkins, norton, and clapp, but if I had to guess I’d say none of them played all that well…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

I’m betting the Chargers don’t go with six receivers Bandy gets to the practice squad. The guy could use about 10 pounds.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Man, this place is depressing. People throwing in the towel before seeing the starters play a single snap because a bunch of guys who won’t be on the Cowboys beat a bunch of guys who won’t be on the Chargers. This team is vastly more talented than last years team that won 9 games and yet somehow we are regressing? No we didn’t look great in this meaningless game but jeez.
          You keep saying that but it’s not entirely accurate, a LOT of the guys that played poorly today ARE going to be on the 53 man roster…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            Man, this place is depressing. People throwing in the towel before seeing the starters play a single snap because a bunch of guys who won’t be on the Cowboys beat a bunch of guys who won’t be on the Chargers. This team is vastly more talented than last years team that won 9 games and yet somehow we are regressing? No we didn’t look great in this meaningless game but jeez.
            Clearly talking to me here. Worried about regressing is not regressing. I havnt even seen the starters. Is it not ok for me to express some concern that based off the loose and sloppy play of what we roll out there....might actually be happening with our starters? Fuck our OL just got ripped to shreds against dallas. I dont care if its 11v11...you dont want to hear that. Its a concern. You took one word of mine and ran with it on a rant. I also said im very hopeful. And that our starters should rock and roll. Stop cherry picking what i say to call me out. Im not throwing in the towel. I have never been on a team that played so bad that didnt get a total ass chewing by coaches. Bad football is bad football. Its been this way for a while now. Based on what i see with our depth...im praying its not a similar thing with our starters. Relax. We looked like shit. Dont want to hear it then do something else. Im a football guy. Im a fan of good football. Thats not what im seeing in 2 games. I expect way better our of our scrubs.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
              I've been watching Sarell at LT...pretty quick feet and mirrors his man well...I think the dude's got some upside...
              It’s too bad we haven’t seen him at his natural RT position where I think he was solid for the ravens last preseason…he didn’t look all that great at LT today, he got beat a lot…

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I agree, it's not panic time, but a lot of the guys that didn’t play well will be on the team…
                The coach will be coaching the team. And he apparently can’t coach depth guys. We need a team full of self starter superstars and luckily we have some key players who fit that bill. But clearly Staley can’t get the most out of players

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

He seems so sad. lol I love his heart. He is a great man. A passionate light a fire under the asses of your players type? Just not seeing that yet. I want him to work out so bad.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Wow Riley 2.0. You just touched the third rail. But I agree. We’re in for a let down
                    agree.... when players dont play in pre season they start to believe the hype.....

Coryell used to start his HOF offense for at least ONE series each pre season game...... if they played perfeclty, no mistakes, no penalties and scored they got to rest the rest of the game......and they usually responded with a perfect professional drive for a TD.... they didnt get injured becasue they tackled in practice and were prepared.....

all healthy players should suit up and go through warm ups as if they were going to start even in pre season......whether they play or not...... period.... that is part of being professional.....

I dont understand this new soft approach to coaching ......

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

We were 1-4 in the 1994 preseason games. So apparently seething didn’t work during the preseason.
                      its not the win loss ratio..... its how they played the game......

btw, that 1994 team was behind at halftime in EVERY win and we came from behind in 2nd half to win those games..... comeback usually was cause by a ST's return or defensive turnover or score.....

that team was the grittiest team chargers have ever had.... and they were virtually impossible to run on...... opposite of what we have been last several years.....

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The coach will be coaching the team. And he apparently can’t coach depth guys. We need a team full of self starter superstars and luckily we have some key players who fit that bill. But clearly Staley can’t get the most out of players
                        can’t follow you there, the two teams played an 18-18 tie if you discard the crazy ass special teams plays…I’m not ready to blame staley for those two STs touchdowns…whas he really outcoached tho? His depth players are clearly inferior to the ones that dallas has so I’m not sure I agree with that assessment…

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                          He seems so sad. lol I love his heart. He is a great man. A passionate light a fire under the asses of your players type? Just not seeing that yet. I want him to work out so bad.

I agree, I like him..... but I think he needs to get pissed off at least once in awhile......

Comment

Working...
                          X