Cowboys @ Chargers Preseason Game Day Thread (PS #2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nomad1946
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2017
    • West Yellowstone, Montana
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Woods is a third round draft pick. Most if not all third round draft picks have a hole in their game. He might not be able to do everything this year, but he will get better, hopefully improvement will happen week after week. I would expect him to only play in certain packages in the first few games and as he improves he will play in more packages as the season progresses.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
      Woods is a third round draft pick. Most if not all third round draft picks have a hole in their game. He might not be able to do everything this year, but he will get better, hopefully improvement will happen week after week. I would expect him to only play in certain packages in the first few games and as he improves he will play in more packages as the season progresses.
      He’s going to replace Adderley next year. But essentially they drafted him primarily to be used in a three safety package where Nas and him are the deep safeties while Derwin is essentially the LB.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He’s going to replace Adderley next year. But essentially they drafted him primarily to be used in a three safety package where Nas and him are the deep safeties while Derwin is essentially the LB.
        Woods can’t tackle. Fatal flaw

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Alohi sighs with relief....
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

They could retain Adderley if he plays well, he wont break the bank. But yeah, cant keep everyone.

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Alohi sighs with relief....
              And Telesco... he keeps his Alma Mater Bosses happy

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
                This^^^ It’s not like he’s already a 4rth year first round DT that won’t/can’t play against the run game…he’s early in the process, it is a bit troubling that he could become another player like Tillery. At the present time you can’t play him at safety if he won’t tackle and he IS a liability on special teams…so you have a player on the 53 that can’t be used anywhere for the time being and third round picks are often expected to contribute on STs until ready to play a starting role…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They could retain Adderley if he plays well, he wont break the bank. But yeah, cant keep everyone.
                  Yes, you can’t keep everyone but how can you create depth when you’re letting ‘young’ starters go? Two years after rashawn jenkins you’re back to training another back up? One thing is letting older starting players go but I don’t understand letting guys like Adderley walk…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Yes, you can’t keep everyone but how can you create depth when you’re letting ‘young’ starters go? Two years after rashawn jenkins you’re back to training another back up? One thing is letting older starting players go but I don’t understand letting guys like Adderley walk…
                    Thas what i was thinking as well.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

It’s basically what the Rams and the Ravens do. You pay money to the elite guys on your team and let the other guys leave and be paid elsewhere so you get a comp pick in return. You then repeat the process of building through the draft. With Staley here, I feel more confident about hitting our picks.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

This^^^ It’s not like he’s already a 4rth year first round DT that won’t/can’t play against the run game…he’s early in the process, it is a bit troubling that he could become another player like Tillery. At the present time you can’t play him at safety if he won’t tackle and he IS a liability on special teams…so you have a player on the 53 that can’t be used anywhere for the time being and third round picks are often expected to contribute on STs until ready to play a starting role…
                        The guy hasn't played in a single game yet - WAY too early to be lumping him in with Tillery or making any kind of a judgement about him. Let's see how he develops.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Based on all the gloom and doom - and some of it coming from guys who are not, historically, prone to 'the sky is falling' type posts - maybe now is a good time to LOWER expectations going into the season? I mean, if it's as bad as all that, what's the other option? I'm a little incredulous that some are already calling for Staley's head in the event that we don't make a deep run into playoffs. The guy hasn't even started his second season as a first-time HC.

Look, we are in what has been called the League's Toughest Division. We have a pretty tough schedule, even outside our division (which, IMO, we'd be lucky to break even against, so you can count on 3 losses, at least, even before the season starts). Assuming, as some have said/implied, that our depth is the worst in football, and because it's extremely unreasonable to expect our starting 22 to stay even mostly healthy all year, we have to assume that some of that shitty depth is going to have to play an important role in the team's success (or lack thereof) in 2022. And, as happens EVERY year (to just about EVERY team), we're bound to suffer at least one major injury during the season. To one of our pivotal starters. I'm not being pessimistic (for once ) it just happens.

Bottom line: I think it's VERY conceivable that the team does NOT make the playoffs next year, and a deep run seems to be less and less likely the more I read here. Is firing the coach after 2 seasons the answer? If so, good luck getting anything better than Lovie Smith or Norv Turner hired to coach this team in the future.

Comment

Working...
                          X