Cowboys @ Chargers Preseason Game Day Thread (PS #2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

While I do get the concerns over depth I think compared to last year we are in a much better spot in most positions, particularly on defense. Edge we go from Bosa and Nwosu to Bosa, Mack, a drastically improved Rumph, and Van Noy. CB we went from Davis and ASJ to adding 2 guys that haven’t even played in preseason with JC and Callahan (Taylor has looked pretty good in PS too). At S Adderley and Gilman both look improved and Webb also looked great before getting knicked up reportedly (Woods development is disappointing but I’m not going to call a rookie a bust after 2 PS games). IDL depth is at a point where Tillery should see limited snaps or possibly not even make the roster which says everything about depth there. On offense WR 3-5 are all improved from last year, and you can easily make the argument that we should keep 6 WR this year with Bandy. Salyer is already a better depth IOL than anyone we had last year. While RB2 isn’t where any of us really want it Kelley does look drastically better than last year, he had more YAC than total yards last night so it’s hard for me to shame him for that performance , and Spiller will get better and better as the year goes on.

It’s not as good as some teams in the NFL but in his limited time here Staley and staff have shown us more developmental success than we have had from any HC since Marty. There are still plenty of spots to improve on this roster but it is headed in a good direction overall.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Record is one thing. Being competitive and having potential backups who can play is another. Always seems we are on the losing side of that game.
      Thing is, if we have injuries sure a backup will be playing but we won't be playing 22 backups like we did yesterday. Ok, 21,.... ..Palmer is pretty much a starting #3 WR.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
        Kavontae Turpin supposedly runs a 4.29 40. Judging by how he obliterated JT Woods’ pursuit angle, I don’t doubt it. And I’m guessing Bolts’ Special Teams didn’t get that memo. What a find for the Cowboys.
        Tryeek Hill 2.0

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I'm not worried.
          not because I'm not actually worried, but I'm afraid to look like a coward if I express worry.
          Boltup?

Bandy is making the 53.
          so is edge Davis.
          I think Storm makes it too.
          Tillery is not.

We don't have another player like Wood, he will have to learn on the job.
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
            While I do get the concerns over depth I think compared to last year we are in a much better spot in most positions, particularly on defense. Edge we go from Bosa and Nwosu to Bosa, Mack, a drastically improved Rumph, and Van Noy. CB we went from Davis and ASJ to adding 2 guys that haven’t even played in preseason with JC and Callahan (Taylor has looked pretty good in PS too). At S Adderley and Gilman both look improved and Webb also looked great before getting knicked up reportedly (Woods development is disappointing but I’m not going to call a rookie a bust after 2 PS games). IDL depth is at a point where Tillery should see limited snaps or possibly not even make the roster which says everything about depth there. On offense WR 3-5 are all improved from last year, and you can easily make the argument that we should keep 6 WR this year with Bandy. Salyer is already a better depth IOL than anyone we had last year. While RB2 isn’t where any of us really want it Kelley does look drastically better than last year, he had more YAC than total yards last night so it’s hard for me to shame him for that performance , and Spiller will get better and better as the year goes on.

It’s not as good as some teams in the NFL but in his limited time here Staley and staff have shown us more developmental success than we have had from any HC since Marty. There are still plenty of spots to improve on this roster but it is headed in a good direction overall.
            It’s true, staley has only been around for like 18 months and he has has already improved both the roster, the culture, and the expectations for this team significantly…and let’s not forget what he inherited, he inherited a young franchise quarteback, and a handful of great to good players, the rest wasn’t anything to write home about…
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

You won't find a bigger fan of Staley than mine, but I kinda like the Peyton rumors are out there.
              it's hypocritical to not embrace competition while demanding it from your guys, and Staley does not come off as a hypocrite.

Feel the burn coach, love ya.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Ontario , Canada
                • Send PM

Speaking of 40 times, the last 2 preseason games Fouts and the other announcer were saying Isiah Spiller's 40 time was 4.2. I googled his pro day results and he ran a 4.63. Is this right?

If he ran a 4.2 he would have gone in the 1st or 2nd round and we would be using him for return duty.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
                  Speaking of 40 times, the last 2 preseason games Fouts and the other announcer were saying Isiah Spiller's 40 time was 4.2. I googled his pro day results and he ran a 4.63. Is this right?

If he ran a 4.2 he would have gone in the 1st or 2nd round and we would be using him for return duty.
                  LOL, 4.6 looks about right.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    I'm not worried.
                    not because I'm not actually worried, but I'm afraid to look like a coward if I express worry.
                    Boltup?

Bandy is making the 53.
                    so is edge Davis.
                    I think Storm makes it too.
                    Tillery is not.

We don't have another player like Wood, he will have to learn on the job.
                    I hope yer right on Tillery...let's see if the Bolts have the guts to defy the "Franklin Syndrome"

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      Starting to sound like Woods is another overdrafted player who busts.

we need to look elsewhere for a back up RB. Doesn’t seem like a legit #2 is on the roster.

and popper is right about why that ST meltdown matters.
                      A little early to say bust for Woods IMO.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        You won't find a bigger fan of Staley than mine, but I kinda like the Peyton rumors are out there.
                        it's hypocritical to not embrace competition while demanding it from your guys, and Staley does not come off as a hypocrite.

Feel the burn coach, love ya.
                        I get the payton rumors because he’s an accomplished coach and a proven winner, but he would cost the chargers draft capitol, I’m not sure how much but they would have to compensate the saints because he is retired but his contract ran thru 2024(?)

the offense would hit the ground running but the defense would go into rebuild mode all over again which would not be cool…I can’t even think about a coaching change right now, still too excited to see how all the new additions are going to pan out, if staley doesn’t significantly improve his defensive results with all the new additions, then I’ll be joining the mob with a torch or a pitchfork…
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I get the payton rumors because he’s an accomplished coach and a proven winner, but he would cost the chargers draft capitol, I’m not sure how much but they would have to compensate the saints because he is retired but his contract ran thru 2024(?)

the offense would hit the ground running but the defense would go into rebuild mode all over again which would not be cool…I can’t even think about a coaching change right now, still too excited to see how all the new additions are going to pan out, if staley doesn’t significantly improve his defensive results with all the new additions, then I’ll be joining the mob with a torch or a pitchfork…
                          Same here.
                          I do NOT want a defensive personnel overhaul yet again.
                          I think Staley is solid coach and if we fire him, he'll be a better HC elsewhere.
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X