The Chargers 2022 Breakout Player will be......................

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    I like 3 guys... I'll list them from most-likely to least-likely.

Josh Palmer: As last season went on, Herbert began looking Palmer's way more often. His routes are clean, he understands defensive spacing, and Herbert is trusting him more. Having KA and MW will allow Palmer to get some 1v1 on #2 and #3 CB's.

Chris Rumph: He was one of "my guys" coming out of Duke. Unfortunately he was under-sized and I knew it would take a few years to develop. I don't know what his regiment was this off-season, but he's bigger, stronger, and more explosive. He'll allow Bosa and Mack to get their breathers they deserve. All he needs are opportunities. Way to dedicate yourself to the off-season training young man!

Joshua Kelly: No more a TPB punchline. Kelly, like Rumph, dedicated himself this offseason. Bigger, quicker, stronger. I like to see hard work rewarded! Bringing in Sony Michel may limit his opportunities... but I hope he gets to prove himself. He was drafted to fit Lynn's scheme. He's adapted himself to fit Lombardi's. Respect to a man who has been denigrated by many.
    I'm going with *this* ^^

Rumph looks like a different guy, and he played really well in his preseason game reps. If he's the Bolts' breakout player this year, it will have a huge impact on the 'D'.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Bold prediction: Due to talent surrounding him, Bosa takes it to another level and has a monster Defensive MVP type season.
      I agree.

I'm going with Palmer as the breakout player.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
        Beef Before Gazelles
        • May 2021
        • Send PM

Zion Johnson's a decent nomination here, too. If he has a season even CLOSE to the kind of rookie season Rashawn Slater had-- and that's not exactly a longshot-- that would be a huge breakout.

Comment

• nomad1946
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2017
          • West Yellowstone, Montana
          • Retired
          • Send PM

JT Woods

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
            I’m hoping it’s Trey Pipkins
            Good call, nothing rumph or palmer or any other breakout candidate does is more important than protection #10
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
              JT Woods
              I hope you're right. Maybe he'll play some good pass defense.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                I like 3 guys... I'll list them from most-likely to least-likely.

Josh Palmer: As last season went on, Herbert began looking Palmer's way more often. His routes are clean, he understands defensive spacing, and Herbert is trusting him more. Having KA and MW will allow Palmer to get some 1v1 on #2 and #3 CB's.

Chris Rumph: He was one of "my guys" coming out of Duke. Unfortunately he was under-sized and I knew it would take a few years to develop. I don't know what his regiment was this off-season, but he's bigger, stronger, and more explosive. He'll allow Bosa and Mack to get their breathers they deserve. All he needs are opportunities. Way to dedicate yourself to the off-season training young man!

Joshua Kelly: No more a TPB punchline. Kelly, like Rumph, dedicated himself this offseason. Bigger, quicker, stronger. I like to see hard work rewarded! Bringing in Sony Michel may limit his opportunities... but I hope he gets to prove himself. He was drafted to fit Lynn's scheme. He's adapted himself to fit Lombardi's. Respect to a man who has been denigrated by many.
                I very much agree!

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I’m loving all the noted possibilities.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post
                    JT Woods
                    I pimped the dude hard all summer but … no. I like all of the usual calls in this thread - they seem spot on and I expect we see several guys take that next step

1. Pip - he won’t be on highlight reels and get any stats, but he will be the most important of all
                    2. Nas - he’s going to be important and very visible all over the back of the secondary
                    3. Palmer and Kelley - both will produce over-sized situational role player stats. Still not cracking that first inner ring but important
                    4. Wild card = Parham. He’s slid under the radar, people forget how good he was becoming before his freak injury. He comes back big
                    5. Rumph - he becomes a semi-regular rotation guy after showing he’s not second string, he’s 1.5 string. Gives Joey and Mack more breathers, all three are more dominant late in games.

Zion is a no brainer - he’ll be a technician like Slater … he’s too expected to call surprise breakout.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I pimped the dude hard all summer but … no. I like all of the usual calls in this thread - they seem spot on and I expect we see several guys take that next step

1. Pip - he won’t be on highlight reels and get any stats, but he will be the most important of all
                      2. Nas - he’s going to be important and very visible all over the back of the secondary
                      3. Palmer and Kelley - both will produce over-sized situational role player stats. Still not cracking that first inner ring but important
                      4. Wild card = Parham. He’s slid under the radar, people forget how good he was becoming before his freak injury. He comes back big
                      5. Rumph - he becomes a semi-regular rotation guy after showing he’s not second string, he’s 1.5 string. Gives Joey and Mack more breathers, all three are more dominant late in games.

Zion is a no brainer - he’ll be a technician like Slater … he’s too expected to call surprise breakout.
                      TT seems to have hit on a formula for drafting OL, draft the technicians.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Nobody's thinking about Rountree ?

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                          Nobody's thinking about Rountree ?
                          Well, if by breakout you meant breakout of the roster, than sure!

Comment

Working...
                          X