The Chargers 2022 Breakout Player will be......................

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

I'm going to say Tillery will have a big year. If nothing else, he is a capitalist. When he was drafted I remember reading that he would read the financial page in the locker room. It's a contract year for him and he is going to want a big payday. If he has a good year, he will get one, but not from the Bolts. Not superstar money, but decent money. I have a friend who has done well in fantasy football by picking players who are in their contract years.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
      I'm going to say Tillery will have a big year. If nothing else, he is a capitalist. When he was drafted I remember reading that he would read the financial page in the locker room. It's a contract year for him and he is going to want a big payday. If he has a good year, he will get one, but not from the Bolts. Not superstar money, but decent money. I have a friend who has done well in fantasy football by picking players who are in their contract years.
      There is some logic in this. I had read some reports that questioned his love of football pre-draft. I'm not a fan of guys who only play hard when it's time to get paid, but coast the rest of the time.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Nope, not buying that.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

i'm not sure he is such a big capitalist. He would get a much bigger contract if he had started to play well ealier. He might have even gotten a 5th-year option, which for him was north of $11 million.

I think some players get near the end of their rookie deals and finally light a fire under their ass, because they know they are going to be shown the door. I think that is where Tillery is at.

If a fairly decent guy gets through to us on waivers, I would think pretty seriously about using his roster spot on that other guy. But I can see why we didn't want to get rid of him, since the only guy we could have gotten was some camp fodder slappy. That is really not much of an upgrade.

If Tillery still wants to play football, he should find out from Pipkins what he needs to do to make it work. I'm not saying Pipkins is going to be anything more than average, but he was impossibly awful last year as a goalline TE and he got things turned around and has looked solid by the time he got back on the field. Tillery needs to do about the same. He had a couple of good snaps in preseason, but mostly he was invisible (or worse). He better get his ass in gear.

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            i'm not sure he is such a big capitalist. He would get a much bigger contract if he had started to play well ealier. He might have even gotten a 5th-year option, which for him was north of $11 million.

I think some players get near the end of their rookie deals and finally light a fire under their ass, because they know they are going to be shown the door. I think that is where Tillery is at.

If a fairly decent guy gets through to us on waivers, I would think pretty seriously about using his roster spot on that other guy. But I can see why we didn't want to get rid of him, since the only guy we could have gotten was some camp fodder slappy. That is really not much of an upgrade.

If Tillery still wants to play football, he should find out from Pipkins what he needs to do to make it work. I'm not saying Pipkins is going to be anything more than average, but he was impossibly awful last year as a goalline TE and he got things turned around and has looked solid by the time he got back on the field. Tillery needs to do about the same. He had a couple of good snaps in preseason, but mostly he was invisible (or worse). He better get his ass in gear.
            Maybe his physical tools were overestimated coming out of college and it’s not his motivation.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Maybe his physical tools were overestimated coming out of college and it’s not his motivation.
              It may still be his motivation, just that he is not motivated by money.

His physical tools are very good to elite. When he does things right he is really impressive. But when he does things mechanically/technically wrong he looks like he has never played before.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I would tend to agree with this.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                  San Diego Native
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Farmington, NM
                  • Send PM

Pipkins on Offense and Murray on Defense are who I HOPE have breakout years. Those 2 becoming solid starters would have the most impact on this team's success.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Even if he will have great season (that I am sure of) it is a NO to resign Jerry T.

Comment

• Tomdutchy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2021
                      • Send PM

I hope Tillery invested prorperly to sustain his life as he got more than he deserves. If not buy gold, silver, and uranium miners now!!!!

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Both Tillery and Pipkins better get their asses in gear if they want to be around next year. Neither have proven they belong, yet.
                        I wasn't happy about the drafting of either. I've seen nothing to change my attitude about either.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                          Charger Fan till the end
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Carolina
                          • Send PM

Im going to claim my Carter pick is in the running! I dont like seeing Allen hurt but our lil 5’8” wr stepped right in today with some nice play. Lets hope Allen can be back thurs but i know hammys are a slow heal.

pipkins id say is right in there…he held his own this week…kudos to Big P!

Comment

Working...
                          X