The Chargers 2022 Breakout Player will be......................

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    I like 3 guys... I'll list them from most-likely to least-likely.

Josh Palmer: As last season went on, Herbert began looking Palmer's way more often. His routes are clean, he understands defensive spacing, and Herbert is trusting him more. Having KA and MW will allow Palmer to get some 1v1 on #2 and #3 CB's.

Chris Rumph: He was one of "my guys" coming out of Duke. Unfortunately he was under-sized and I knew it would take a few years to develop. I don't know what his regiment was this off-season, but he's bigger, stronger, and more explosive. He'll allow Bosa and Mack to get their breathers they deserve. All he needs are opportunities. Way to dedicate yourself to the off-season training young man!

Joshua Kelly: No more a TPB punchline. Kelly, like Rumph, dedicated himself this offseason. Bigger, quicker, stronger. I like to see hard work rewarded! Bringing in Sony Michel may limit his opportunities... but I hope he gets to prove himself. He was drafted to fit Lynn's scheme. He's adapted himself to fit Lombardi's. Respect to a man who has been denigrated by many.
    Its good that kelley has improved, but he is still only the 4th best RB on roster..... Ekler, Michel and Spiller are all clearly much much better, but an improved kelley as our worst RB means our RB group has improved greatly over previous years!.....

Palmer, Rumph, and Adderley are all candidates for huge years.....

We could also add Everett to that list, and maybe Samuels..... and others

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

I hope they unlock Donald Parham. Have you ever tried to guard a guy 6’8” when you’re 5’10”. It’s next to impossible. Parham is smooth with soft hands and tall as tree. He could be unstoppable

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
        Defense: Asante Samuel Jr has elite instinct. Now with a year under his belt the game will slow down for him.
        Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
        Zion Johnson's a decent nomination here, too. If he has a season even CLOSE to the kind of rookie season Rashawn Slater had-- and that's not exactly a longshot-- that would be a huge breakout.
        Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        Zion is a no brainer - he’ll be a technician like Slater … he’s too expected to call surprise breakout.
        Originally posted by Charge! View Post
        maybe Samuels.....
        think Zion is the obvious Pro Bowl candidate/Rashawn 2.0, and on D, do agree that Samuels could flourish, as 'tis not an if, but rather a when, as to when Callahan is down 'n out for the count.
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          I hope they unlock Donald Parham. Have you ever tried to guard a guy 6’8” when you’re 5’10”. It’s next to impossible. Parham is smooth with soft hands and tall as tree. He could be unstoppable
          I like Parham. Good guy. But I don't trust him to stay healthy. He almost killed himself tripping in the endzone. I see us pursuing TE's throughout the season.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
            Day One...
            • Mar 2019
            • Brentwood, 94513
            • Send PM

Looking forward to seeing Palmers growth. But who I want it to be, is Pipkins and K9. If everyone else is who we think they are and those two contributing, this team will be too nice.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
              Offense: Everett in this offense will allow him to thrive.

Defense: Asante Samuel Jr has elite instinct. Now with a year under his belt the game will slow down for him.

Bold prediction: Due to talent surrounding him, Bosa takes it to another level and has a monster Defensive MVP type season.
              subscribe. Feed me moar!!!!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Zion is a no brainer - he’ll be a technician like Slater … he’s too expected to call surprise breakout.
                The thread title mentions nothing about 'surprise' breakout. That would be a whole different category.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I like Parham. Good guy. But I don't trust him to stay healthy. He almost killed himself tripping in the endzone. I see us pursuing TE's throughout the season.
                  OJ Howard was available.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Parham will be breakout and comeback charger of the year.
                    dude has crazy agility for his size.
                    Embraces Herbert's fastballs
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Lotta good points on here...but I go with Palmer.
                      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                        Looking forward to seeing Palmers growth. But who I want it to be, is Pipkins and K9. If everyone else is who we think they are and those two contributing, this team will be too nice.

"I'm bout' to dominate Herbert and his RT again" - Maxx Crosby

"Fool this ain't Pippy Longstockings! This Trey Pipkins"! - Trey Pipkins

"I gotta cover up my Pippy Longstockings tattoo" - Norton thinking to himself.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Ken Murray.

I picked him because I was 100% certain nobody else would and that bar is the lowest on the team.

Comment

Working...
                          X