• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaguarmanftype
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    The drama here and the little jabs at each other almost always stop this place in its tracks. Members log off. They dont post. I see it right there in the data as its happening. Like Neo sees the Matrix. lol

Lets try and keep our discussions civil everyone. I would appreciate it. It always takes something real serious like this to happen to bring to light that so many of us need to refine our communication skills just a little bit. Its ok to have differing opinions....but passive aggressiveness and aggressive communication never really ends well while debating matters online. Forums or social media.

We are a way more emotional country than we ever have been. Many who are attached to internet communities wear their emotions on their sleeves etc...so often nowadays its doom and gloom. Anger and rage sell. MSM promotes that and almost comes off like its trying to create division.

I am a unity guy. The power here is in our members. You guys. Lets not put that power in my hands and force me to slap members around. I dont like ruling like that. I am you and you guys are me. We are one. A team. Lets remember that. Its ol to disagree with each other...but lets try and do it with a little more Aloha.

Mahalo.
    About logging off, by the way. Any idea why I time out every minute or so occasionally when I'm browsing here? It's sporadic and mostly infrequent, but I assume it's a server issue, since I get an "Invalid response" pop-up on occasion and have to log back in. I've been copying any posts I'm typing to my clipboard just in case, haha.

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

About logging off, by the way. Any idea why I time out every minute or so occasionally when I'm browsing here? It's sporadic and mostly infrequent, but I assume it's a server issue, since I get an "Invalid response" pop-up on occasion and have to log back in. I've been copying any posts I'm typing to my clipboard just in case, haha.
      Im sorry thats happening to you. I dont have an answer for that. I havent heard of that happening with anyone else. Have you tried to clear your cookies and cache? From your browser?

Also do you check the Stay Logged in Box when logging in?

Ill also run this by my tech. Can you duplicate this issue on any other browsers? Make sure your browser is also up to date. Again sorry this is happening. The srever did have a ton of errors in the log. And we fixed those. It may come down to members needs to clear their log in data.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Im sorry thats happening to you. I dont have an answer for that. I havent heard of that happening with anyone else. Have you tried to clear your cookies and cache? From your browser?

Also do you check the Stay Logged in Box when logging in?

Ill also run this by my tech. Can you duplicate this issue on any other browsers? Make sure your browser is also up to date. Again sorry this is happening. The srever did have a ton of errors in the log. And we fixed those. It may come down to members needs to clear their log in data.
        No worries, good sir. It's a minor inconvenience, to be honest. I'm not gonna gripe about first world problems, but I'll give clearing cookies and cache a try. I use Chrome on Windows 11, and usually just log in from the top-right box when needed.

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

No worries, good sir. It's a minor inconvenience, to be honest. I'm not gonna gripe about first world problems, but I'll give clearing cookies and cache a try. I use Chrome on Windows 11, and usually just log in from the top-right box when needed.
          It would annoy the hell out of me so again sorry thats happening. Try logging in that top right corner box...and also checking the "Stay Logged In" box.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
            Dea Spanos my HERO
            • Dec 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
            Meanwhile, back to football ... So it looks like this game just won't be played?

Back to football ....

Any updates ?

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

The Chiefs play at the Raiders in the season finale this weekend. The way the Stidham Raiders played against the 49ers, they have a good chance IMO of beating the Chiefs.

The Bengals hold a tie-breaker over the Chiefs. If the Chiefs do lose to the Raiders on Saturday, the Bengals would get the No. 1 seed if they beat the Bills in last night's suspended game. The Bengals were leading 7-0 in the 1st Q and the game was in Cinn.

That is why I think they have to find a way to resume the game, if they don't the Bengals potentially get screwed out of the No. 1 seed.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                The Chiefs play at the Raiders in the season finale this weekend. The way the Stidham Raiders played against the 49ers, they have a good chance IMO of beating the Chiefs.

The Bengals hold a tie-breaker over the Chiefs. If the Chiefs do lose to the Raiders on Saturday, the Bengals would get the No. 1 seed if they beat the Bills in last night's suspended game. The Bengals were leading 7-0 in the 1st Q and the game was in Cinn.

That is why I think they have to find a way to resume the game, if they don't the Bengals potentially get screwed out of the No. 1 seed.
                The Bills could be screwed out of the #1 seed as well. By the way, score was 7-3

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The Bills could be screwed out of the #1 seed as well. By the way, score was 7-3
                  Yep. The Chiefs stand to be the No. 1 beneficiary if the Bills/Bengals game is not played out.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                    The Precious
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

I want another shot at the Chiefs and I don’t care if it’s on the moon or in the parking lot.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The Ravens could get screwed as well - if they cancel the game, they can't win the division even if they beat the Bengals again next week.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                        Dea Spanos my HERO
                        • Dec 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                        I want another shot at the Chiefs and I don’t care if it’s on the moon or in the parking lot.
                        Prison Sex

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Here's an out of the box idea being floated, which, according to Mike Florio at PFT, is gaining traction..

Play week 18 games as scheduled.

The first weekend of the post-season, only hold the NFC playoff games and the Bills-Bengals.

2nd weekend of the post-season, play the first round of the AFC playoff games. (But no NFC games.)

Then continue to the divisional round and championship games per normal, with only a week between the championships and the Super Bowl.

Under this scenario:

Every AFC team would get a bye week (except Bills/Bengals).
                          The NFC winners of the first round would get a week off.
                          The NFC No. 1 seed would get three weeks off.
                          If the Chiefs end up with the AFC No. 1 seed, they would get three weeks off.

Comment

Working...
                          X