• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We all will know soon if he is going to make it. Sounds encouraging so far though he isnt off the respirator yet and if he is going to make it I'd think the Bills will be ready to win the Patriots game for him.

I’m not a doctor but it feels like one of those situations medically where we might not know for a while.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
      Superbowl?
      • Sep 2018
      • Los Angeles/Chicago
      • Send PM

The more I think about it the more I feel the Bengals Bills game will not resume.

Too many complications. I think the NFL doesn't want it resumed but will let the teams decide pushing for it to be a non played game but IF Buffalo pushes back hard they want to play it for the 1 seed the NFL may have to concede creating a playoff logistical nightmare.

Be easier to not play it obviously.

I could also see the NFL possibly giving them both a extra conditional draft pick at the end of round 5 to appease both teams not to resume the game.

I'm sure some fans already booked hotels & flights (I'm one of them) to where this gets ugly for the teams and fans.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bills decide to forfeit the Patriot game as well in order to be in the right mental and emotional state for the playoffs.
        They might even forfeit the first round of the playoffs so they are ready for the next round. NFL will have to credit them with a win and advance them.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

The Bengals also have a legit path to the #1 seed. The only way it would be fair to the Bengals and Bills is for all three of them to be the top seed or none of them. I have no idea what either scenario would look like.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
            Superbowl?
            • Sep 2018
            • Los Angeles/Chicago
            • Send PM

I can't even imagine the Bills being emotionally ready to have to go back to Cincy to finish the game.

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

The NFL won't resume the Bills-Bengals game that was suspended Monday night after Buffalo safety Damar Hamlin collapsed and went into cardiac arrest on the field.

AP sources: NFL will not resume Bills-Bengals game

By ROB MAADDI
              26 minutes ago

Paycor Stadium sits empty after the NFL postponed the game following an injury to Buffalo Bills' Damar Hamlin during the first half of an NFL football game between the Cincinnati Bengals and Buffalo Bills, Monday, Jan. 2, 2023, in Cincinnati. (AP Photo/Joshua A. Bickel)

1 of 2
              Paycor Stadium sits empty after the NFL postponed the game following an injury to Buffalo Bills' Damar Hamlin during the first half of an NFL football game between the Cincinnati Bengals and Buffalo Bills, Monday, Jan. 2, 2023, in Cincinnati. (AP Photo/Joshua A. Bickel)

The NFL will not resume the Bills-Bengals game that was suspended Monday night after Buffalo safety Damar Hamlin collapsed and went into cardiac arrest on the field, two people familiar with the decision told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Both people spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the league is still figuring out how to determine playoff seedings and scheduling. The NFL Players Association must approve changes.

The Bills-Bengals game had major playoff implications.

Buffalo (12-3) entered Monday night needing a win to maintain the AFC’s No. 1 seed. The Kansas City Chiefs (13-3) currently hold that spot. The Bengals (11-4) had a chance to earn that top seed with two more wins and a loss by the Chiefs.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                The NFL won't resume the Bills-Bengals game that was suspended Monday night after Buffalo safety Damar Hamlin collapsed and went into cardiac arrest on the field.

AP sources: NFL will not resume Bills-Bengals game

By ROB MAADDI
                26 minutes ago

1 of 2

The NFL will not resume the Bills-Bengals game that was suspended Monday night after Buffalo safety Damar Hamlin collapsed and went into cardiac arrest on the field, two people familiar with the decision told The Associated Press on Thursday.

Both people spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the league is still figuring out how to determine playoff seedings and scheduling. The NFL Players Association must approve changes.

The Bills-Bengals game had major playoff implications.

Buffalo (12-3) entered Monday night needing a win to maintain the AFC’s No. 1 seed. The Kansas City Chiefs (13-3) currently hold that spot. The Bengals (11-4) had a chance to earn that top seed with two more wins and a loss by the Chiefs.

Oh great, more KC barbeque. The Chiefs playing at home in the playoffs all the time is so annoying.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

This just occurred to me.

The only teams in the AFC that are in play for the top seed are Bills, Bengals and Chiefs. The Bengals and Bills both own a tie-breaker over the Chiefs. But the Chiefs have an opportunity to get to 14 wins - giving them the seeding edge - while the Bills and Bengals don't have that opportunity if their game is canceled and their record is calculated based on 16 games.

Here is my solution:

Cancel the Chiefs @ Raiders. The Raiders are eliminated from the playoffs, so they can't lose anything. It will affect the draft order in 2023, but it will favor the Raiders.

This way the Chiefs, Bills and Bengals - the only teams viable for the #1 seed - will have 16 games and that will even the playing field.

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

They will play this right into the hands of the Chiefs. The NFL can't wait to have Mahomes in another Super Bowl..

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

They will figure something out.
                      Maybe they take the bye week away and use it for the playoffs since that game was cancelled.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

The Week 17 game between the Bengals and Bills will not be continued, the NFL announced on Thursday.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • New Jersey
                          • Send PM

So week 17 is finally concluded.

Comment

Working...
                          X