• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Get too aggressive and Justin Reid will make us pay. The issue is gonna be clock management.
    We want our offense out there, running the ball.
    Then...victory formation.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I want us going toe toe with KC in the passing game. Herbert is better than Mahomes and our defense is better than theirs. I do not want balance. We went 63 versus 37 (percentages) in favor of the pass last year in KC and I think we should maybe even pass the ball a little bit more than that.
      If it works, go for it! Still think we need to throw in a few runs to keep KC D from teeing off every play...but we do have a better O line this year...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Get too aggressive and Justin Reid will make us pay. The issue is gonna be clock management.
        We want our offense out there, running the ball.
        Then...victory formation with 45 second left...THEN do the LOMBO TURTLE-UP.
        There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
          I think we were all wanting a complete ass whoopin like the game should have been. Blow the doors off. That games should have been 44 - 19. We dominated. Lombo needs to show off his Bugatti. You don't buy it for the looks. You buy it knowing you take take it up to 230 mph whenever you feel like it. People want to see blood. There was blood in the water on sunday and lombo didn't take advantage. I hope he learned his lesson.
          I wanna see the Herbie Lamborghini...not Herbie the Love Bug...

THIS:

lamborghini-1214281955.jpg
          NOT:

The-Love-Bug-1024x768-202574768.jpg

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

I believe the Chargers have the players to curb stomp the Chiefs tonight but only if we could swap Lombardi for Reid.

until I see differently, I think Lombardi is an unimaginative stiff who is a liability as OC. Perhaps the worst OC in decades.

Reviewing that Raiders game again, it is just pathetic how close the Raiders came in the 4th quarter after all those sacks and turnovers.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Lombardi’s play calling sucked in the second half.

Reid made adjustments and Lombardi didn’t.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                Lombardi’s play calling sucked in the second half.

Reid made adjustments and Lombardi didn’t.
                Reid did absolutely nothing special calling plays. The game turned when we had 2 offensive linemen go down and suddenly could not handle pressure up the middle.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I believe the Chargers have the players to curb stomp the Chiefs tonight but only if we could swap Lombardi for Reid.

until I see differently, I think Lombardi is an unimaginative stiff who is a liability as OC. Perhaps the worst OC in decades.

Reviewing that Raiders game again, it is just pathetic how close the Raiders came in the 4th quarter after all those sacks and turnovers.
                  Nobody left the Raiders game with a great taste in their mouth. It took a dropped Waller TD and some late heroics by Mack to seal a shaky win. The team has not looked good, offensively.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Duck of Death
                    Social Piranha
                    • May 2022
                    • Flyover, USA
                    • Send PM

- Ekeler is averaging 2.7 ypc
                    - Ground game has failed to crack 80 yards in either game
                    - Guyton has gotten less than 10 snaps total thru 2 games

I don’t think these guys have suddenly forgotten how to play (or the OL - how to run block). KA has been out, so let’s hope things pick up when he gets back healthy. But even still, it does seem like this offense is capable of so much more. Whether that’s on Lombardi or Staley (whomever is in charge of subs) is hard to say.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
                      - Ekeler is averaging 2.7 ypc
                      - Ground game has failed to crack 80 yards in either game
                      - Guyton has gotten less than 10 snaps total thru 2 games

I don’t think these guys have suddenly forgotten how to play (or the OL - how to run block). KA has been out, so let’s hope things pick up when he gets back healthy. But even still, it does seem like this offense is capable of so much more. Whether that’s on Lombardi or Staley (whomever is in charge of subs) is hard to say.
                      The ground game is definitely a concern. Guyton's lack of snaps is due to Carter being a far better receiver who does everything better.

Comment

• Bolts&noles
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

4 turnovers and you only get 24points

Comment

• UtahBolt
                          Did we win?
                          • Jun 2013
                          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                          • Send PM

Also, can we stop with Sony Michel? He seems slow and plodding with poor vision. Kelly was hitting the holes way harder last night and had a couple of solid NFL runs and then he was taken out after each of them. I don't get the preference for SM right now.
                          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
                          X