• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Yep I'm going over all our games this season and I could be wrong but every win other than the Taxes game was by less than 7 points?????? The texas game I think we won by 10 points! This is on the playcalling. Are we capable of winning by more than a touchdown when we play the better teams? This is very concerning? Everyone is getting better on this squad, but the playcalling remains the same? Maybe Staley needs to have a 1 on 1 with our OC and try and figure this out?
    Yep...think of it...we've got one of the elite QB's in the GAME, handcuffed by an unimaginative OC...what a waste of talent...ugh...

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

IF we lose this next game and finish like we have been finishing all season like other posters have mentioned a bold move would be to name Shane Day the OC going forward immediately. Because we all know this kind of playcalling probably won't be good enough to advance. Also if we are 1 and done in the playoffs, the probable move will be to keep Staley and he will more than likely give the OC role to Mr. Day anyways. Why wait? This would allow Shane the last 2 games before a possible playoff run!

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

I don't want to crush the positive vibes but this is 2.5 hours of my guy losing his mind on Joeombardi.
        Completely unhinged.
        entertaining though.
        haha
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          https://youtu.be/jMyuU5JmLnA

I don't want to crush the positive vibes but this is 2.5 hours of my guy losing his mind on Joeombardi.
          Completely unhinged.
          entertaining though.
          haha
          The man in this video makes good points! Let's hope that Joe Lombardi can get it together fast!!!! We are literally winning these games with heroic plays by Herbert and our stars. It doesn't take a genius to see this.
          Last edited by electricgold; 12-22-2022, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
            Outback Goon
            • Sep 2018
            • Australia
            • Send PM

Opening drive Chargers ran 6 consecutive times from 16yrd line for TD from singleback and shotgun formations. This will add confusion when teams study film

I like it

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

The man in this video makes good points! Let's hope that Joe Lombardi can get it together fast!!!! We are literally winning these games with heroic plays by Herbert and our stars. It doesn't take a genius to see this.
              That's like hoping to, ahem...

raise titanic.jpg

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                Opening drive Chargers ran 6 consecutive times from 16yrd line for TD from singleback and shotgun formations. This will add confusion when teams study film

I like it
                Loved that. Also loved that the second td after that masterful Herbert to Allen hook up for 30 was 2 straight Ekeler runs. Ran in the red zone

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

IF we lose this next game and finish like we have been finishing all season like other posters have mentioned a bold move would be to name Shane Day the OC going forward immediately. Because we all know this kind of playcalling probably won't be good enough to advance. Also if we are 1 and done in the playoffs, the probable move will be to keep Staley and he will more than likely give the OC role to Mr. Day anyways. Why wait? This would allow Shane the last 2 games before a possible playoff run!
                  Day has never been an OC at any level. I guess bold would be one word to describe promoting an unqualified guy.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Send PM

I honestly don't know if Shane Day or anyone on the offensive staff is the answer at OC, but I can't say Shane is unqualified just because he hasn't been afforded an opportunity. One can say Ben Johnson's resume lacks qualifications, but he's turned that Lions offense into an entertaining and explosive outfit (and arguably without great talent) as their first-year OC. Certainly, Shane Day is on the wrong side of 40 (approaching 50) for my tastes to be a play caller in today's league as I'd much prefer younger minds (under 40) who have new, fresh perspectives, but difficult to say whether he wouldn't be an improvement or not. I would say that I certainly wouldn't want to turn play calling duties to experienced OCs like Brian Shottenheimer, Kevin Gilbride, Pat Shurmur, Mike McCoy, Ben McAdoo, Bill Musgrave, Rob Chudzinski, Ken Whisenhunt, etc. just because they have been there and done that -- we already know what we'll get with them and that's more of the same, "stuck-in-your-ways" thinking.

The preferrable option is, of course, having Herbert call his own plays like Manning did, but you'd still need competent staff for game planning, installs and creating and adding to the playbook.
                    Last edited by jaguarmanftype; 12-23-2022, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
                      I honestly don't know if Shane Day or anyone on the offensive staff is the answer at OC, but I can't say Shane is unqualified just because he hasn't been afforded an opportunity. One can say Ben Johnson's resume lacks qualifications, but he's turned that Lions offense into an entertaining and explosive outfit (and arguably without great talent) as their first-year OC. Certainly, Shane Day is on the wrong side of 40 (approaching 50) for my tastes to be a play caller in today's league as I'd much prefer younger minds (under 40) who have new, fresh perspectives, but difficult to say whether he wouldn't be an improvement or not. I would say that I certainly wouldn't want to turn play calling duties to experienced OCs like Brian Shottenheimer, Kevin Gilbride, Pat Shurmur, Mike McCoy, Ben McAdoo, Bill Musgrave, Rob Chudzinski, Ken Whisenhunt, etc. just because they have been there and done that -- we already know what we'll get with them and that's more of the same, "stuck-in-your-ways" thinking.

The preferrable option is, of course, having Herbert call his own plays like Manning did, but you'd still need competent staff for game planning, installs and creating and adding to the playbook.
                      Yup. Remember when Staley said the goal was for Herbert to "be the system"? I think this is the plan.
                      I think Herb can do it and is motivated to do so.
                      we're going to pay him a fortune soon, might as well maximize the investment while maintaining consistency across his career.
                      vs playing musical chairs with OCs that either aren't good enough, or ARE good enough, just to get snatched after any given superbowl appearances we make.

Mahomes is lucky to have an OC with such a damaged reputation that he has virtually no choice but to remain the KC OC.
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Day has never been an OC at any level. I guess bold would be one word to describe promoting an unqualified guy.
                        If Day is interim, I'd like to see what he can do these last few games of the season...if the Bolts do unload Lombo in the off season, we need to have a FULL interview process, meeting with SEVERAL qualified candidates (including college OC's)--matching Herbie's skillset to an OC who actually knows what to do with a talented QB who can make all the throws...

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Day is interim, I'd like to see what he can do these last few games of the season...if the Bolts do unload Lombo in the off season, we need to have a FULL interview process, meeting with SEVERAL qualified candidates (including college OC's)--matching Herbie's skillset to an OC who actually knows what to do with a talented QB who can make all the throws...
                          We all know that if Lombardi is replaced, it won't happen until the offseason.

Comment

Working...
                          X