• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think Phil Collins was a drummer as well as vocalist. Some drummers are so good that they even make some songs way better and bigger hits (i.e. Led Zeppelin)
    Don Henley used to sing and drum as well. Those are a special breed.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Don Henley used to sing and drum as well. Those are a special breed.
      Don Henley, Phil Collins, Dave Grohl and Anderson Paak. Good drummers who proved they could handle center stage as well.

otherwise just keep it in pocket

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Keep in the pocket??This man IS the pocket!!!!Amazing.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The problem is, on offense, i'm just not seeing any trending in the right direction.

The results are still not being able to score in the 2nd half, despite having all your players (save Slater) and playing injury riddled defenses.

People are pointing in all different directions (banged up Herbert, slow receivers, bad Oliine, not catching the ball or running proper routes).

Generally, the tell tale sign of having an inferior coordinator is that who you once thought were good/solid players are now questionable starters.
          Any success the Chargers might have for the remainder of this season will be the result of being efficient rather than impressive.

Having some sort of running game will give us a shot at a deep run.

I see it as being more in the hands of the players than Lombardi's.

We just have different takes, pbb.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

A big problem I have is that this Lombardi offence seems ok in being in 3rd down way too often. A first down run, a 2nd down 4 yard pass to leave 3rd and short. Rinse and repeat. This is what frustrates people.

But what i hate even more is on 3rd down, throwing dumb little passes short of the first down marker.
            ^ This. It's the Lombo Limbo--throw the ball as close to the first down marker as possible, without making a first down...

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Herbert was frustrated yesterday. Ekeler is tired of the close games. Listen to his post game comments. He knows they should be putting up more points. Our scoring is below the talent level on this team.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                Herbert was frustrated yesterday. Ekeler is tired of the close games. Listen to his post game comments. He knows they should be putting up more points. Our scoring is below the talent level on this team.
                Do you think Lombardi will be our OC next year ?

I do.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Any success the Chargers might have for the remainder of this season will be the result of being efficient rather than impressive.

Having some sort of running game will give us a shot at a deep run.

I see it as being more in the hands of the players than Lombardi's.

We just have different takes, pbb.
                  Lombardi has no rhythm. He can’t play in my band for sure. Of course it’s in the hands of the players. Always is but a good OC makes it easier for the players. We are way too easy to defend. We don’t confuse anybody on the defense when we play or in the stands or watching tv for that matter.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    Yep...we should be running it up vs. these mediocre teams...should have 2-3 more wins already...once we get up against the good and elite teams, Lombo's predictable O will be easy to plan for...if we do get to the playoffs, I'm afraid we'll go one and done...

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Do you think Lombardi will be our OC next year ?

I do.
                      I’m hoping that some brain dead owner will give him too much credit when we win the Super Bowl and hire him as their head coach

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

After all those Super Bowl wins, Terry Bradshaw refused to go to Chuck Noll's funeral.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                          Keep in the pocket??This man IS the pocket!!!!Amazing.

https://youtu.be/rhxWIkiecOA
                          That dude is a technician of the 1st degree.
                          As far as technicality goes, Huub Janssen is the gold standard IMO.
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Of course, like a good OL, I like it best when percussionists can meld into something greater. I'll take a live rendition of Santana's "Soul Sacrifice" or "Sabor" any day.

Comment

Working...
                          X