• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NashBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Did you know Johnny Appleseed propagated apples only suitable for cider ?

Think of that as you enjoy your mulled holiday drink.

And Joe runs a loosely modified Erhardt-Perkins.

:smoking:
    Smash Mouth Offense, each play has a name and that name conjures up an image....

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      So when 31 other teams are required to punt, what does that mean Many of them have slick designed plays, with fancy routes, deception, misdirection, speedy receivers...all kinds of stuff.

‐‐--------------------------

PFF still does not know how to grade run blocking, and they never will, because it is too intricate. The running game will unlock the Lombardi offense, he of the Sean Payton coaching tree.

PFF doesn't know how to grade a lot of things.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
        Does Sean Payton really have a coaching tree, or is he just a branch off of Bill Parcells? No one really all that notable has went on to be a head coach from his system other than Doug Marrone and now Dan Campbell.
        Isnt Sean Payton a coach from Jimmy Johnson's tree? QB coach back then with Norv as OC? I'm not sure.

Billichick is from Parcells coaching tree. I don't think Doug marone is very notable.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Isnt Sean Payton a coach from Jimmy Johnson's tree? QB coach back then with Norv as OC? I'm not sure.

Billichick is from Parcells coaching tree. I don't think Doug marone is very notable.
          Nope, no relation to Jimmy as far as I can remember. He was offensive coordinator for the Giants in the early 2000s (got demoted in year 3 I think) and assistant head coach to Parcells for the Cowboys after. As far as Marrone being notable, I only say that because he managed to take a young Jaguars team to the AFC Championship game with Blake Bortles at QB in 2017. They almost won that game too, so that's why he's notable at least to me.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Nope, no relation to Jimmy as far as I can remember. He was offensive coordinator for the Giants in the early 2000s (got demoted in year 3 I think) and assistant head coach to Parcells for the Cowboys after. As far as Marrone being notable, I only say that because he managed to take a young Jaguars team to the AFC Championship game with Blake Bortles at QB in 2017. They almost won that game too, so that's why he's notable at least to me.
            Ah, ok. Yep Wikipedia says asst HC and QB coach for Dallas 2003-2005

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

In last 3 games Titans opponents averaged 29 points.

Chargers only scored 17 with all of Herbert’s weapons back.

Lombardi HAS TO GO!!!!

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Carlsbad, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Lombardi HAS TO GO!!
                Yes he does. I would try to get Frank Reich. He is a good offensive coach with vast experience.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Lombardi HAS TO GO!!!!
                  Lombo got so spooked by the Tennessee interior pass rush, that he had both Tackles downblock and had Parham and nobody block off the edge in the 4rth quarter.
                  Salyer looked bad on one play because after attending to Simmons, he couldn't pivot back fast enough to cut off Dupree.
                  Herbert got flushed more often, the more complicated Lombo made the scheme.

They got rid of the complicated pass pro scheme and just chipped and let the interior sink or swim on the final drive.
                  Sometimes, I think Herbert gets rid of the ball too quickly and would be better served taking an occasional sack or two more. But then, how long does it take to run 4 yards down field?

On the interception to Mdub in the 2nd half, Keenan Allen was standing in the flat, 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage, while all the other receivers crowded the middle of the field. Which idiot drew that play up?

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Lombo got so spooked by the Tennessee interior pass rush, that he had both Tackles downblock and had Parham and nobody block off the edge in the 4rth quarter.
                    Herbert got flushed more often, the more complicated Lombo made the scheme.

They got rid of the complicated pass pro scheme and just chipped and let the interior sink or swim on the final drive.
                    Sometimes, I think Herbert gets rid of the ball too quickly and would be better served taking an occasional sack or two more. But how long does it take to run 4 yards down field.

I loved the interception to Mdub over the middle where Keenan Allen was standing in the flat, 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage while all the other receivers crowded the middle of the field.
                    What idiot drew that play up?
                    I still think the Bolts should go to the I-formation on most of their run plays, then use the same formation for a lot of passes. For pass pro, shift the backs out of the I, split them, Herbie still under center, play action, pass, and the split backs give max protect on both sides...
                    Last edited by Topcat; 12-20-2022, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

MR. LOMBARDI: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COULD YOU PLEASE STOP DIALING UP 3 YARD PLAYS ON 1ST DOWN!!!!!!!!! & SCREENS TO EK ON FIRST DOWN! COME ON I'M STARTING TO BELIEVE YOU ARE THE WEAK LINK ON THE COACHING STAFF, PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG WITH THESE STATEMENTS AND OPEN UP THE DAMN OFFENSE YOU HAVE THE QB WITH THE ALL THE ABILITY IN THE WORLD TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALSO COULD THE WR'S STOP MAKING THEIR CUTS SHORT OF THE MARKER!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                        MR. LOMBARDI: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD COULD YOU PLEASE STOP DIALING UP 3 YARD PLAYS ON 1ST DOWN!!!!!!!!! & SCREENS TO EK ON FIRST DOWN! COME ON I'M STARTING TO BELIEVE YOU ARE THE WEAK LINK ON THE COACHING STAFF, PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG WITH THESE STATEMENTS AND OPEN UP THE DAMN OFFENSE YOU HAVE THE QB WITH THE ALL THE ABILITY IN THE WORLD TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALSO COULD THE WR'S STOP MAKING THEIR CUTS SHORT OF THE MARKER!!!!!!!!
                        Gold, I'm banging the table WITH u on all this...Lombo must go...

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Gold, I'm banging the table WITH u on all this...Lombo must go...
                          Yep I'm going over all our games this season and I could be wrong but every win other than the Taxes game was by less than 7 points?????? The texas game I think we won by 10 points! This is on the playcalling. Are we capable of winning by more than a touchdown when we play the better teams? This is very concerning? Everyone is getting better on this squad, but the playcalling remains the same? Maybe Staley needs to have a 1 on 1 with our OC and try and figure this out?

Comment

Working...
                          X