Chargers @ Texans Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Guilty As Charged Podcast
    @GACPodcast178h
    In his last 6 starts for the Chargers (5 at right tackle), Trey Pipkins has allowed just NINE total pressures (zero sacks) and has a pass blocking efficiency rating of 98.0. Pipkins is playing at a very high level and is comfortably the most improved player on the team rn.
    Well i guess its a good problem to have. lol

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Depends on what Pipkins looks for the rest of the year and if they resign him this offseason. I can see Salyer replacing Feiler if they keep Pipkins.
      Yeah i saw you liked that guys tweet to me. lol Im fine with him at LG. But its nice to have our RT of the future if Trey doesnt work out. I know hes playing better finally...but fuck man its Trey. I need a bigger sample size. Not sure i trust him yet. You could say that about Salyer also in regards to sample size...but i guess what im trying to say is that we scored him for cheap. Steal.

Great start for him.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Yeah i saw you liked that guys tweet to me. lol Im fine with him at LG. But its nice to have our RT of the future if Trey doesnt work out. I know hes playing better finally...but fuck man its Trey. I need a bigger sample size. Not sure i trust him yet. You could say that about Salyer also in regards to sample size...but i guess what im trying to say is that we scored him for cheap. Steal.

Great start for him.
        We also may choose to not to resign Pipkins if he becomes good and too expensive to resign.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I like Feiler as a backup. At his age, makes sense.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Well, you represent a first. Nobody I have ever spoken to would consider a very late game clinching TD that required a 4th quarter defensive stop in the red zone, a necessary 4th down conversion in our own territory, and a necessary TD to put the game away very late as any sort of comfortable win. In your world, a pick-6 by our defense in our end zone with under a minute to play with the opponent having a first and goal at the 1 yard line and about to win the game that we happen to return for a TD to win by a two-score margin is a "comfortable win". That is ridiculous.

Using a standard of the final score to determine what is a comfortable win is lame. What happened yesterday and the example I gave in the preceding paragraph illustrate that reality quite clearly.

I also disagree with your assertion that I go all scorched earth if we do not win by 30. My issue is that we were up by 20 and then Lombardi went conservative--again. With us already up 20 against the worst team in the league, yes, we should win by 30+ points. Hell, we should probably win by 40+ points. I am not saying that at 0-0, I would expect us to win on the road by 30. But up 27-7 against a terrible opponent, yes, we should win by 30+ points.

Multiple people posting in the game day thread could see what I am talking about now and saw it in real time. It has been the wrong strategy in every game and the second half point scoring difference has driven that point home emphatically. I and others mentioned this yesterday about the offense because that is where the momentum changed. It did not change with the defense, though the defense did not do anything to halt HOU's Lombardi-gifted momentum. It changed with the bad play calling--again, as it has in all 4 games. That is the ongoing and single greatest problem with our team through the first four games.

As for last year's offense, it was given chances to keep possessions alive and score that very few or no other offenses were given. I am not giving Lombardi credit for that when those points required 4th down aggressiveness by Staley in which no other head coach would have engaged. The offense failed on those drives under Lombardi's play calling. That is the important part. We are trying to measure Lombardi's performance versus the rest of the league in this discussion, not Staley's.
            Glad you corrected me that its not 30, its 40. And yes we understand you’re not giving Lombo any credit. That is, unless the 4th down play call didnt work, in which case(s) you gave him a lot of credit.

I started cataloging your repetitions of your fantastic point but i grew tired with still dozens of posts still left unassessed. But I did count on your posting it yet again here. Let the record note we’re now at 10 repetitions of your first post asserting that Lombo goes too conservative when the team has a lead. Suffice it to say - we still get your point.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

Comment

• cmplxgal
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • New Jersey
                • Send PM

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Great start for him.
                  Trey is going to work out, we now have the luxury to groom one of them as an OG / backup quality OT. The question is really what do we need to do to resign him - he will be a proven starting RT at the end of the season (this is his last year?)

I trust them both. Not to be perfect, just to be good enough or better. Its been a long time since we said that.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Great start for him.
                          Feeling good about these guys. We could have an OL w/4 out of 5 young guys coming into their prime together. Would be amazing

Comment

Working...
                          X