Chargers at Browns Pregame Discussion (week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
    We need our best ball-control offense for this game. Run plays, dink & dunk, don't care as long as we eat up the clock and then score. We need to keep their defense tired and their running backs on the sideline. Coaches, earn your keep!
    I agree. They won't care if we score 3 TDs quickly, they will attempt to run the ball through the first 3 quarters.
    we cannot tire our defense
    We need more physicality on the DL to stop the run, so hope we swap out Tillery for Fehoko.
    We need our best tackling DBs out there whomever they are, ASJ, Callahan, Gilman.

On offense, I smell a breakout game for Bandy.
    P1. Block Destruction
    P2. Shocking Effort
    P3. Ball Disruption
    P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I agree. They won't care if we score 3 TDs quickly, they will attempt to run the ball through the first 3 quarters.
      we cannot tire our defense
      We need more physicality on the DL to stop the run, so hope we swap out Tillery for Fehoko.
      We need our best tackling DBs out there whomever they are, ASJ, Callahan, Gilman.

On offense, I smell a breakout game for Bandy.
      I agree about defense needing more of a run defense presence this week than putting pressure on the QB. Need to stop the running game

On offense - hopefully its KA13 that is back - though Bandy did make two nice plays. His boneheaded decision to not go out of bounds really changed the play calling. Can't have that

I still am not happy who Telesco brought in to replace Slater and Bosa. Can he at least try to do better

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I dunno man...their run game is nasty. And they are the kind of backs we hate to tackle.
        Yup. Yesterday we only have to worry about Pierce. Now they have to deal with Hunt and Chubb.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Yup. Yesterday we only have to worry about Pierce. Now they have to deal with Hunt and Chubb.
          There’s still only one ball, though - right? We don’t have to defend them both at the same time, right?

CLE has a good run game, sure. They are a 2-2 team against competition not expected to be in AZ in Feb. they are a credible NFL team, but not one to panic in fear about.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Riverwalk
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Fans are overly worried about Browns run game. Chargers D will smother those RB’s like a whisper in a storm.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Spread is up to 3 with our win and their loss.

We definitely need to worry about their run game but their run D has allowed more yards rushing than ours, so hopefully we can have a balanced attack and keep them off balance.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Maybe the Browns have to worry about Ekeler and Kelley. The Falcons beat the Browns yesterday by running all over them to the tune of 200 yds.

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
                  WustinSlurbert
                  • Apr 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                  Fans are overly worried about Browns run game. Chargers D will smother those RB’s like a whisper in a storm.
                  I wouldn't be so sure about that. Chargers might "limit" them on the ground, but that might be at the expense of their pass defense. Let's say Chubb/Hunt/Brissett have 100 rushing yards combined, but Amari Cooper goes off and becomes the real star of the game? 150 receiving yards and 2 TDs. Chargers might put all of their lemons in one crate and might forget that those other crates need-a-fillin' too. Then WOE is our secondary.

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
                    WustinSlurbert
                    • Apr 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Maybe the Browns have to worry about Ekeler and Kelley. The Falcons beat the Browns yesterday by running all over them to the tune of 200 yds.

I'm still amazed Cordarrelle Patterson is putting in solid work at his age. Call me crazy, but I remember him being drafted as a WR/KR/PR, and one day I just woke up and he was a RB. A very good one too.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2021
                      • Carlsbad, CA
                      • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                      • Send PM

Our OL and DL will be tested much more that we saw with the Texans.

Comment

• SK21209
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2020
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

The Browns were missing Clowney and Garrett and the Falcons have been a weird offense for teams to prepare for. If those two are back for the Browns I think we're going to struggle to get going on the ground. This is a game where we'll need an elite Herbert performance.

Comment

• kgbpasha
                          #болтап
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

The rib cartilage stuff is still effecting Herbert.
                          We don't have anyone that can get behind defenders
                          so he doesn't have to throw the deep ball so I guess
                          that will help the play calling and healing in ribs.

Teams know this.

Comment

Working...
                          X