Chargers at Browns Pregame Discussion (week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jox g
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
    The Browns were missing Clowney and Garrett and the Falcons have been a weird offense for teams to prepare for. If those two are back for the Browns I think we're going to struggle to get going on the ground. This is a game where we'll need an elite Herbert performance.
    Missing Tavan Bryant DT too

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
      The rib cartilage stuff is still effecting Herbert.
      We don't have anyone that can get behind defenders
      so he doesn't have to throw the deep ball so I guess
      that will help the play calling and healing in ribs.

Teams know this.
      And yet Herbert is 3rd in the league in completions above 40 yards and 4th in the league in completions above 20 yards so even with our lack of speed now we are still doing way more than most teams on long completions downfield.

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

And yet Herbert is 3rd in the league in completions above 40 yards and 4th in the league in completions above 20 yards so even with our lack of speed now we are still doing way more than most teams on long completions downfield.
        Two of those Bandy catches were deep and nobody near him.

Hope to see more Bandy and Kelly next game versus Palmer and Michel.

This is what I loathe about Lombardi. He rigidly relies on same underperforming players and plays instead of going with the hotter hand and schemes.

Andy Reid would have this team at 4-0.

Comment

• Eurobolt
          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

I think our chances look better if we get 24:7 lead and avoid Chargers ball - then they can put their run game up to their asses.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

This is what I loathe about Lombardi. He rigidly relies on same underperforming players and plays instead of going with the hotter hand and schemes.

On one of those Bandy catches he made the utterly bonehead play of staying in bounds and costing us a timeout. We might have been able to score a TD instead of settling for a fg if he had gone out of bounds. And since he is limited to being a slot receiver, he simply isn't going to get much time.

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

This game will determine, if we truly are a physical team in trenchs because the Browns sure are.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

On one of those Bandy catches he made the utterly bonehead play of staying in bounds and costing us a timeout. We might have been able to score a TD instead of settling for a fg if he had gone out of bounds. And since he is limited to being a slot receiver, he simply isn't going to get much time.
                I agree. He lacked situational awareness trying to gain a couple of yards. I’m just glad he was sure handed on those plays.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
                  The rib cartilage stuff is still effecting Herbert.
                  We don't have anyone that can get behind defenders
                  so he doesn't have to throw the deep ball so I guess
                  that will help the play calling and healing in ribs.

Teams know this.
                  Herbert leads the league in passing, without his top WR, without Parham, without his Pro Bowl LT protecting his blind side.

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Imagine this franchise's fortunes if we had hired Reid in 2013 instead of McCoy.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

I can't quite see why we shouldn't use him as a slot receiver. Give me Allen as #1, MW #2, and Bandy in the slot and you'll have someone open on every play. Some people think the biggest requirement for a WR is speed but I think being able to get open is worth more than speed. Of course the guy that has great speed plus the moves to get open regularly is idea. Unfortunately, there are less than a dozen WR's that can fill that bill and there are 32 teams. By the way, Everett is sure coming through now.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Imagine this franchise's fortunes if we had hired Reid in 2013 instead of McCoy.
                        Top of Rivers list of regrets.

Comment

• Berserker76
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I can't quite see why we shouldn't use him as a slot receiver. Give me Allen as #1, MW #2, and Bandy in the slot and you'll have someone open on every play. Some people think the biggest requirement for a WR is speed but I think being able to get open is worth more than speed. Of course the guy that has great speed plus the moves to get open regularly is idea. Unfortunately, there are less than a dozen WR's that can fill that bill and there are 32 teams. By the way, Everett is sure coming through now.
                          Thanks, Roo, my thoughts exactly. I've seen teams use up to 3 slot receivers in a play. Think outside the box a little and use the playmakers you have rather than trying to force square pegs in a round hole.

Comment

Working...
                          X