Chargers at Browns Pregame Discussion (week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

So you don’t think our run defense has improved at all? This will be the test
    Must still be at the bottom of the league. Who else gives up a run of over 50 yards every sngle week?

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

So you don’t think our run defense has improved at all? This will be the test
      Are you kidding? Of course it’s improved. There’s been a couple of exceptions but the middle of the defensive line has been light years better.

You’ll see against the Browns.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
        This is what I loathe about Lombardi. He rigidly relies on same underperforming players and plays instead of going with the hotter hand and schemes.
        The Chargers lead the league in passing. Lombardi schemed an offensive game plan yesterday that helped protect a 6th rnd rookie making his first start at LT and managed 340 yds passing and 34 pts. Clearly he sucks.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Are you kidding? Of course it’s improved. There’s been a couple of exceptions but the middle of the defensive line has been light years better.

You’ll see against the Browns.
          No doubt the run defense has improved this year. I get the giving up the 50 yarder to Robinson and 75 yarder to Pierce - but it is better

Might have too activate another run stuff Sunday

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Lombardi will get smarter when we get Allen back.

I wonder how much the OC has to say about who plays? Shouldn't the HC be held accountable for that too? People are blaming Lombardi because a player they like is not playing but is it his call? I don't know the answer but I do know there are plenty of HC's that dictate who will play and I happen to think that's how it should be to a large extent.

I do know this, if I was the HC, I'd be having a say about all personnel matters. So does Staley tell Lombardi which players he wants out there on any given Sunday?
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              Lombardi will get smarter when we get Allen back.

I wonder how much the OC has to say about who plays? Shouldn't the HC be held accountable for that too? People are blaming Lombardi because a player they like is not playing but is it his call? I don't know the answer but I do know there are plenty of HC's that dictate who will play and I happen to think that's how it should be to a large extent.

I do know this, if I was the HC, I'd be having a say about all personnel matters. So does Staley tell Lombardi which players he wants out there on any given Sunday?
              Imagine it’s collaborative, consensus agreement.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Against the Browns it would be real good to jump out to an early lead, forcing them to play catch up because they have two very good RB's. Last year's game against the Browns was a really exciting, high scoring affair. I don't look for that this year but you never know.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Pat_Swindle View Post

I'm still amazed Cordarrelle Patterson is putting in solid work at his age. Call me crazy, but I remember him being drafted as a WR/KR/PR, and one day I just woke up and he was a RB. A very good one too.
                  He missed most of the second half of the Browns game (but I agree with your point). Atlanta was using third stringers and even a DB/kick returner to run the ball in the 4th quarter. They ran the ball 14 straight times in 4th to get a TD. That is demoralizing to a defense. I think it also shows how bad Mariotta is.

Njoku always kills the Chargers. Browns run the ball extremely well and have a dynamite screen game with Hunt, Chubb and Njoku. Adderly better improve his tackling this week because we need him to blow up the screens. Cooper keeps disappearing from entire games. He really has only played well and been involved in one game.

Browns fans want Stefanski fired after Jets loss, then extended after win over Steelers, now fired again. I know I keep typing it, but Stefanski is a real head scratcher to me. He just won't run the ball and tries to get too cute. They did a flea flicker from their own end zone against the Falcons. And Njoku fumbled and lost the ball. Also the Browns are very much like our team in fading in the second half. We fade both quarters but Browns fade, catastrophically, in the 4th. They have pro bowl caliber players like Denzel Ward forgetting what coverage they called and letting guys run free.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Herbert leads the league in passing, without his top WR, without Parham, without his Pro Bowl LT protecting his blind side.
                    That certainly goes against the “Lombo is wasting Herbert’s skill” mantra.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
                      The rib cartilage stuff is still effecting Herbert.
                      We don't have anyone that can get behind defenders
                      so he doesn't have to throw the deep ball so I guess
                      that will help the play calling and healing in ribs.

Teams know this.
                      dunno.... haven't we seen Carter and Williams on the receiving end of some Herbert intermediate and longballs ??
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Where we're winning in run D is minimizing the gashes that plagued us all last year.
                        I can live with 1 long rushing TD as the opponents best shot.
                        Browns might get, what, maybe 2?
                        we should be able to win with offense
                        classic match between the boxer and the puncher.
                        P1. Block Destruction
                        P2. Shocking Effort
                        P3. Ball Disruption
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I still am not happy who Telesco brought in to replace Slater and Bosa. Can he at least try to do better
                          you're not happy w/Salyer ?? !! tough crowd....

and have seen enough of Rumph for now.... would like to see Tillery starting @end,

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X