Chargers @ Browns Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Shitty team? Wow.

Didn't the Defense hold them to a >50 FG attempt? Didn't that, in fact, work? Shitty team - holy shit, I wouldn't want to be in your house the next game they actually lose.

Maybe their kicker isn't worse, ours just kicked from 30 yards away. I recall a stat that he was perfect on the year before today. The laws of dispersion predict the further away, the less likely to stay within the uprights. Team did the job and guys calling them a shitty team after a WIN are pretty … never mind. I won’t drop to return insults. Hope tomorrow goes better for you bro.
    Calm down, dmac. And you DON'T want to be in my house when they lose, this is true.

I get that you, and a few others, bleed lightning bolts. But not all of us, particularly old timers like myself who have lived through all the gut-wrenching losses over the many disappointing seasons, are so willing to just fall back on "Oh well, a win is a win". Because that's never going to hold up, and I think you know that. At some point, this team is going to have to go out and actually win a game convincingly. Something they have yet to do this year.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Iowachargers70 View Post
      I propose that for the posters who are already saying we won't make the playoffs, (chaincrusher, Qsmokey, Topcat, and probably others) that if we do make the playoffs, that they aren't allowed to post while we are in the playoffs. Anyone second this proposal?

QSmokey has never posted a positive post about anything Chargers. Chain constantly beats a dead horse about anything and everything. Topcat posts a weekly poll about who he thinks should be fired instantly. Grabs the stick from chain and starts beating the same horse.

If you think I've only been on here for a short time, you're wrong. I've had other accounts related to my name. Been here since the beginning when Fleet started this. Just get tired of your guys same shit week after week. Is there anyway I can ignore their posts? Please help.
      Since you called me out by name, I'm now officially dying of curiosity to know who you 'were' on those other accounts. Show yourself! And I'll start posting something positive about the Chargers the day they give me something - anything - positive to post about.

There used to be ways that you could ignore; not sure if the mods took that away. But I do wish you'd come out of hiding before you put me on IGNORE, however. I have a long list of posters that I've pissed off in the past. I'm sure I'd remember you.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Calm down, dmac. And you DON'T want to be in my house when they lose, this is true.

I get that you, and a few others, bleed lightning bolts. But not all of us, particularly old timers like myself who have lived through all the gut-wrenching losses over the many disappointing seasons, are so willing to just fall back on "Oh well, a win is a win". Because that's never going to hold up, and I think you know that. At some point, this team is going to have to go out and actually win a game convincingly. Something they have yet to do this year.
        As Jim Rome would say: SCOREBOARD! All that matters is wins pal.... When you are looking at these games like, oh we won the game, but I didn't like this about the coach, or this about the playcalling, is weird! These NFL games are never going to be perfect, and if you look at the games this way I could see how waiting for the players to ball out and blow someone out so you can feel pleased about the team could become very tiring!

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Regardless of all the hand wringing about the 4th down call and my worries about the defense aside ...credit where credit is due (players and coaches) for not folding after being down 14-0 early on the road against a team that is better than their record. That is undeniable.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

How did you see this particular matchup going before the game ?
            Honestly, if their kicker had nailed either of the 2 FGs he missed, that's exactly how I expected the game to end. Another in the long list of gut-wrenching losses we've all had to endure over the years. And before you ask, that's exactly how I expect just about every Charger game to go. Great team to watch...if you're not a Charger fan. Because every game is full of 'excitement' with the outcome not decided until late in the game.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
              Regardless of all the hand wringing about the 4th down call and my worries about the defense aside ...credit where credit is due (players and coaches) for not folding after being down 14-0 early on the road against a team that is better than their record. That is undeniable.
              Who are you? And what have you done with Boltx? Don't start going all positive on me know, Doctor D. Do you have any idea who that 'closeted' poster is who called me out by name in another post? You've been around forever, as I have, so I bet you'd recognize him/her too.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Poppers wrong -- the heel is part of the foot and part of the process of catching a pass. That was the right call
                It’s the right call. But also a stupid rule IMO.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  Sorry if you posted elsewhere, but how did it go at the game with your son? Did the midges get in your beer? They showed a number of charger fans on TV, were there many there? That really is a beautiful stadium on a bright fall day. Not a spaceship but a really nice, traditional stadium. And you must have worked some mojo on that stubby little kicker because he made every kick. I don't care if they were all short ones, he did it.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Snap counts from the game:

I didn't realize that Norton only had to play 5 snaps. That's great. OTOH, disappointing that Bandy only got 5 naps. And 18 for Parham seems appropriate for a player coming back after two months from a hamstring injury. You want to ease him back in.

Comment

• DennisR91
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It’s the right call. But also a stupid rule IMO.
                      Ya that is a weird rule cause other receivers heels never Land in bounds but are still ruled a catch

his heels touch chalk so it’s different?

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Who are you? And what have you done with Boltx? Don't start going all positive on me know, Doctor D. Do you have any idea who that 'closeted' poster is who called me out by name in another post? You've been around forever, as I have, so I bet you'd recognize him/her too.
                        Haha, like most things in life my friend, balance is key. Or so they say!

And not sure who this other poster is.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                          That's great. OTOH, disappointing that Bandy only got 5 naps.
                          I need at least 10 every day to function well. :chuckle:

Comment

Working...
                          X