Chargers @ Browns Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
    Fun Debate on the 4th and 2 play at the end of game.

That was good. Pat was pretty spot on there lol

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Or we coould have had Brian Daboll, an offensive mind to with with the best asset in the organization, Justin Herbert. Lots of DCs out there that could get the same middling defensive results as Staley.
      Daboll was my first choice too. But there’s nothing yet to say that Daboll would have been an improvement offensively for Herbert.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Daboll was my first choice too. But there’s nothing yet to say that Daboll would have been an improvement offensively for Herbert.
        Odds are yes but more importantly if he could entice Wink we’d be better defense

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

About Keenan:

Keenan Allen, who has missed the last four games with a hamstring injury, voiced some frustration with the decision in the moment on Twitter, writing, “WTF are we doing?” in a since-deleted tweet. When Browns kicker Cade York missed the potential winning field goal from 54 yards moments later, Allen followed up with: “So glad he missed that. Cause man man man.”

Staley said he was notified of Allen’s tweets and had a meeting with the receiver at the Chargers facility Monday morning.

“Keenan Allen is captain for us and he and I, since I’ve become the head coach, have become extremely close, and there’s no one who I have more respect for than Keenan Allen,” Staley said. “What makes him special is his competitiveness, and also how much he cares about our team. And so we saw each other this morning. We met this morning, and anyone that’s been a part of competition knows that when you’re not a part of it, you can feel some type of way. Keenan’s heart is with me, is with us, and to me, I’m understanding of where he was at in that moment because he’s not with his team. They’re in the fire. That’s a money down that he’s used to being out there, which makes it a lot better for us. And it’s just part of sports. We’re going to become closer because of it. We already became closer this morning because of it. And we’re going to keep it moving to Denver.”

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

There's your RT or LG for next year, folks!

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

The other thing that the Chargers did was bring in Covington more and ran the "tite" formation during the 2nd half.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • New Jersey
                • Send PM

OK, here's an article about a catch two weeks ago by the Bengals' Tee Higgins that was ruled incomplete for the same reason as Mike Williams' catch. I'm not even quite sure exactly what the rule is. It's something like, if a receiver's foot comes down before he is completely out of bounds, then the whole foot has to be inbounds--a toe tap is not sufficient. This is ridiculous.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/9/2...gals-news-jets

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

LOL if he can get the best out of Daniel Jones and go 4-1 i think he could rock with Herbert

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

LOL if he can get the best out of Daniel Jones and go 4-1 i think he could rock with Herbert
                    That 3 TDs and 2 Int stat sure is impressive. 848 passing yards wow! Not a bad start to the season at all.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That’s some sad numbers, top to bottom. And Murray, wow oh wow. What a mistake picking him has turned out to be.
                      But...but...I thought K9 was improving lately...

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

About Keenan:
                          There is no explanation for why the secondary coverage is so soft. I get we're struggling with passrush without Joey, which probably necessitates more zone, but it looked soft before he got hurt too.
                          it's like every opposing wr has way too much cushion and is very wide open. Can't all be because of Joey.
                          Staley needs to deliver on that side of the ball THIS season, bottom line, or he really isn't worth having as a HC.
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X