Chargers @ Browns Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
    Salyer has been a welcome surprise but he got beat badly a few times too, it was a combination of the game plan, Herbert's quick processing, pocket movement, and quick release that helped to keep herbert to stay clean…

I’m no coach but with how well pipkins is playing at RT, I’d move him to LT, slide salyer inside at LG, and play fieler at RT until slater comes back…I also understand the continuity they love by keeping guys in place and fieler is still being used to help with the silent count at away games just like he was last year…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Salyer has been a welcome surprise but he got beat badly a few times too, it was a combination of the game plan, Herbert's quick processing, pocket movement, and quick release that helped to keep herbert to stay clean…

I’m no coach but with how well pipkins is playing at RT, I’d move him to LT, slide salyer inside at LG, and play fieler at RT until slater comes back…I also understand the continuity they love by keeping guys in place and fieler is still being used to help with the silent count at away games just like he was last year…
      I think he did fine. Myles Garrett straight up 1 on 1 is a problem for proven vets. Salyer has been a LT in the NFL for less than 2 weeks.

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

I doubt this will happen. Too much reshuffling.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I doubt this will happen. Too much reshuffling.
          It won’t and that’s fine, I don’t recall ever seeing a charger coaching staff more resistant to shuffling guys around, this staff would’ve forced vaughn parker to remain at LT instead of becoming a one of the better RTs in team history…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

PFF

Rookie spotlight: Rookie tackle Jamaree Salyer had a nearly flawless performance in pass protection in his debut last week against the Houston Texans, earning a 90.0-plus PFF pass-blocking grade with zero pressures allowed. Those numbers are going to take a hit this week after seeing a heavy dose of Garrett, but it could have been worse for the rookie out of Georgia in his second start. Salyer wasn’t charged with a sack or hit allowed on 31 pass-protection snaps, per PFF’s first-run analysis.

Offensive line spotlight: Both offensive lines deserve credit for the production they helped pave the way for on the ground. At the conclusion of the early slate of games, Cleveland and Los Angeles’ offensive lines sit at first and second in PFF run-blocking grades as units. Those performances up front helped fuel over 400 yards of combined rushing production.

Offense

(Min. 25 snaps)

Top-5

WR Mike Williams - 86.4
            RB Austin Ekeler - 82.1
            OT Trey Pipkins - 73.1
            C Corey Linsley - 70.4
            OG Matt Feiler - 67.1

Worst-5

TE Tre’ McKitty - 41.2
            TE Gerald Everett - 43.8
            WR Joshua Palmer - 50.4
            OT Jamaree Salyer - 51.4
            WR DeAndre Carter - 58.7
            Defense

(Min. 25 snaps)

Top-5

EDGE Khalil Mack - 68.4
            CB Bryce Callahan - 65.9
            DT Austin Johnson - 62.5
            S Derwin James - 55.9
            CB Asante Samuel Jr. - 54.2

Worst-5

LB Kenneth Murray - 28.4
            CB J.C. Jackson - 41.4
            DT Christian Covington - 44.3
            LB Drue Tranquill - 45.0
            DT Sebastian Joseph-Day - 49.2
            Last edited by Formula 21; 10-11-2022, 04:20 PM.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

My how things have changed. At the beginning of the season it was a lot of hand wringing over Pipkins playing RT. Now you want to move him to LT to replace the guy who done just fine in 2 games and move the strugglingLG to RT. Wow

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

My how things have changed. At the beginning of the season it was a lot of hand wringing over Pipkins playing RT. Now you want to move him to LT to replace the guy who done just fine in 2 games and move the strugglingLG to RT. Wow
                I also started a thread giving Trey credit, the offseason hype of his improvement has proven to be true, it’s a dramatic improvement from the previous three years so yeah I was skeptical but I’ve been giving him props since…I’m not going to keep trashing the guy if he’s proven me wrong, and I’m ecstatic he did, but let’s not kid ourselves the turnaround has been very dramatic almost unprecedented…

here’s the link to the thread I started to give him props…
                https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...-thread…

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Such a stupid rule.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Thanks for clarifying, X.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                      Punting is a sign of surrender.

Playing not to lose.

You are saying I don't trust my offense.

And you're also saying I don't trust my defense to get a stop if the offense fails to convert.

So I will surrender and play field position conservative style and hope my defense can hold up. And then you play prevent soft defense and give up underneath and hope that works to hold them off. Likely giving up a FG try anyway. So you might as well Bolt the fuck up and go for it.

Staley say No Surrender.
                      I can handle the smoke.
                      We are playing to win.
                      It also says ok, go 40 -45 yards for a FG instead of 9 yards with no timeouts with 1:14 against my defense. Staley may say he trusts his guys but dumb is dumb and he is lucky they missed that FG or he is roasted over an open fire in the media and half this forum wants him fired.

If that were the Ravens and Justin Tucker kicking,....we lose no doubt about it. I understand his thinking and that's admirable, but imo it wasn't smart that day.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

I also started a thread giving Trey credit, the offseason hype of his improvement has proven to be true, it’s a dramatic improvement from the previous three years so yeah I was skeptical but I’ve been giving him props since…I’m not going to keep trashing the guy if he’s proven me wrong, and I’m ecstatic he did, but let’s not kid ourselves the turnaround has been very dramatic almost unprecedented…

here’s the link to the thread I started to give him props…
                        https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum...-thread…
                        Yeah I wasn’t even referring specifically to you as you were certainly not alone.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yeah I wasn’t even referring specifically to you as you were certainly not alone.
                          It’s okay to call me out, I was really hard on the kid, and I never saw pip turning it around like this and to be fair he really shit the bed for almost three full years here, he did flash last year against pitt and KC, which begs the question, why not start him over norton after the pitt game?

I’m convinced that Slater’s arrival coincides with pipkin’s unprecedented improvement, I think more about this will come out later but when you draft a rookie that has ten year veteran technique already, maybe he put in some work with pip during the season? IDK, it’s just a theory but pip from the 2021 pitt game already looked night and day better from pip in the 2021 preseason…

that said, I’m not that poster that’ll stick to my opinion because I already labeled a guy something or other…pipkins has blossomed and I’m over the moon it finally happened and more than willing to recognize it too…my opinion means squat to me over what benefits the team the most…

Comment

Working...
                          X