Chargers @ Browns Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

No one is avoiding anything.

There is an elephant in the room...
    "Chargering."

The answer does not come from Logic...it comes from Metaphysics.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Lets hope so.

I am not on the fire Staley bandwagon. Way too early. Lets see what he does this year.

But his decision yesterday was stupid and he got lucky, nothing more nothing less.

What is starting to irritate me though is the all talk and no action....the new age coach, who likes to think he is smarter than everyone else ... talks a really big game....got hired because he is supposed to be some sort of defensive savant...yet his defences always get gashed on the ground and through the air ...and reside in the bottom of the league in yardage and points against

Keep in mind, when most new coaches are hired they are coming to bad teams, with bad records, and bad situations which is why the previous coach is being replaced. Staley was given one of the sweetest coaching opportunities in the NFL....a talented roster that under achieved and a top 3 young franchise QB to build around that the Peytons of the world are dying to coach.

I admit I'm a sucker for the articulate HC.
      I am lock step with you, not wanting him replaced today, but very open to upgrading once the season plays out, yesterday's debacle does not help his case regardless of result.
      Im all for any type of HC, I just need them to be what they claim, and thus far, 0-3 since Norv, at least everyone KNEW Norv was just a coordinator and not a headcoach.
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He certainly had the good fortune to inherit Herbert. I'm thinking a lot of the supposed talent he inherited was pretty overrated. It certainly was on the D. The D under him was awful last year and struggling this year. I do see signs it is getting better, but the results are not close where they need to be. In the end, he'll be judged by how we do the rest of the year. I still think we will gradually improve, even without Bosa.
        i mean he took over a 7-9 team not a 3-13 team like some coaches, a team that had some nice pieces, Derwin, Bosa, Keenan, Williams, Ekler, Herbert etc

Credit given for the way the o line was addressed last off season and the way the defence was addressed this off season.

The execution is just not there, but I do think it should improve. Right now winning ugly is fine while they get some bodies back and get healthier. I have actually been a big fan of Brandon Staley and have bought in to all the talk...but now I want to hear a little less and see a bit more action

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          No one is avoiding anything.

There is an elephant in the room...
          "Chargering."

The answer does not come from Logic...it comes from Metaphysics.
          I'm all for exercising that demon away with some borderline insanely aggressive decisions.
          Not sure if Lombo is.
          Staley needs a heart2heart with him next.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I admit I'm a sucker for the articulate HC.
            I am lock step with you, not wanting him replaced today, but very open to upgrading once the season plays out, yesterday's debacle does not help his case regardless of result.
            Im all for any type of HC, I just need them to be what they claim, and thus far, 0-3 since Norv, at least everyone KNEW Norv was just a coordinator and not a headcoach.
            LOL i have been a sucker for the "ted talks" interviews as well. He is an interesing dude no question.

Maybe just a few basics thrown into his football revolution might be a good thing

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

It was clearly PI, the opposing cb had his back to Herbert and running into MW as he was trying to catch the ball. It ended up being ok but it was a typical miss from the refs in a critical moment. But oddly enough they saw a roughing the passer when Brissett flopped like lebron. Typical nfl.
              A lot of bad calls and non-calls all over, i have never seen as absurdly laughable a flop get a flag as that one. It was beyond mere laugh - it should have got Brissett a penalty for filing a false report.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Which is fine, but the 4 plays previously also scream surrender when you're prioritizing the clock-running and having them use TO vs prioritizing 1st downs.
                so a little consistency between HC and OC is all I ask.
                He forces them to waste timeout and the Balls to go for it.

He could have went for the passive and practical punt and force them to drive it. But Brandon isn't built like that, he will go for the execute 1 play and end it now.
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Watched the game for a second time and something stood out to me that wasn’t apparent on the live watch…the defense did a much better job stopping the run in the second half! That is very encouraging, up until that drive where brissett threw the interception the defense had allowed one run of 6yards in quarter 3 and most of the 4rth, then chubb gashed them for 10 and 14 yards and that was it, they shut him down again after that…

I’d love to be able to find not only the second half rushing output the browns had but the yards per avg in that half, brissett did most of the damage thru the air and with a big scramble in half number two, otherwise the backs were mostly held in check pretty good in half number two…lots of no gainers and 1 yard losses…

by comparison our run game was more productive than theirs in the second half…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                    Watched the game for a second time and something stood out to me that wasn’t apparent on the live watch…the defense did a much better job stopping the run in the second half! That is very encouraging, up until that drive where brissett threw the interception the defense had allowed one run of 6yards in quarter 3 and most of the 4rth, then chubb gashed them for 10 and 14 yards and that was it, they shut him down again after that…

I’d love to be able to find not only the second half rushing output the browns had but the yards per avg in that half, brissett did most of the damage thru the air and with a big scramble in half number two, otherwise the backs were mostly held in check pretty good in half number two…lots of no gainers and 1 yard losses…

by comparison our run game was more productive than theirs in the second half…
                    I heard somewhere that Staley was talking to his LBs during the game. That’s probably what changed between first and second half.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I heard somewhere that Staley was talking to his LBs during the game. That’s probably what changed between first and second half.
                      I think they mixed it up more and play some 3 DT at times and yes, I saw K9 and KVN get into the back field a couple of times…the thing is that last year they made adjustments but it didn’t do any good, it’s encouraging to me that they can make adjustments now and that they will make a difference…brissett did a good job converting some third and longs for them otherwise the second half would have been way more ugly for the browns, we outscored them 13-7 in second half but it could’ve easily been 21-7 as we were down there deep in their end all of those times, just had to settle for short field goals, that’ll change with a reacclimated parham and the return of KA…

despite all the injuries, the way this team is playing is encouraging, especially while we wait for some of those top guys to get healthy again…
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

A lot of bad calls and non-calls all over, i have never seen as absurdly laughable a flop get a flag as that one. It was beyond mere laugh - it should have got Brissett a penalty for filing a false report.
                          If anyone has a time stamp for the Brissett Flop where SJD was called for rough the passer, please post.
                          iirc it was Neymar status

Comment

Working...
                          X