Broncos @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Maybe. But I think the adjustments Reid made at halftime were seminal in their improved second half play.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Second time this season they blew a 17-0 lead.

Biggest concern today for the Broncos is that they are the classic wounded animal, and the hot white spotlight is on Russell Wilson. Either he's washed, or he's just getting started. I lean to "washed up". Anyway, I think the Chargers need to win this, and minimize the the 17th game in Denver as much as possible.
      Yes, I expect the Broncos to start the game on a mission like the Raiders did last night. The Chargers have to be prepared for it and not let them take control of the game. Though the Broncos don't have weapons like Jacobs or Adams on offense; they may not be able to match the ferocity of the offensive attack the Raiders opened with last night.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        Maybe. But I think the adjustments Reid made at halftime were seminal in their improved second half play.

TG
        Big Andy - heckuva coach
        Had a house in Del Mar - wanted to talk to Dean - got to KC and the Hunts never let him leave

(supposedly)

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Big Andy - heckuva coach
          Had a house in Del Mar - wanted to talk to Dean - got to KC and the Hunts never let him leave

(supposedly)
          BBQ v. Fish Tacos, the ribs won.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

BBQ v. Fish Tacos, the ribs won.
            I still am not sure Dean would have talked to Big Andy though.... but Mortenson said Reid was interested in the Chargers opening

the Chiefs chose wisely .

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Big Andy - heckuva coach

(supposedly)
              Ouch

Comment

• AZBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

First half, the Raiders used Crosby and others to jam and redirect Kelce. He never got a clean release. It messed the Chiefs up bad. But Andy Reid is a good OC (sorry Bienemy) and second half he used motion to give Kelce better release and the Raiders did not adjust. Raiders lost Waller to hamstring (we know about those) and Adams should be suspended for what he did after the game. Chiefs always seem to face teams when they have critical players out while the Chiefs are always healthy. Waller playing maybe makes the difference last night. Just like Keenan this year or James last season.

Staley has started a movement in the NFL with all the 4th downs, going for two, etc. Stefanski is a copy cat. Harbaugh is even following his philosophy. Joshy used it well sometimes but other times like the 2 point caused some questions. Staley is changing the NFL. Lotsa people don't like it because it is not 'what you are supposed to do'. Someone here once posted that a punt is a turnover. That makes a lot of sense.

TG
                In general I agree with going for it, except just a couple, led by the bad decision This last Sunday when Browns had zero fricken time outs

Comment

• AZBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

I think Carter should be taken off the punt return team.....I think more emphasis getting him more involved in the mid to deep passing game, where this team needs help.....I'm fine with a guy with sure hands, like Bandy, that can secure the ball and get maybe 5-7 yards, fair catch if need be......need Carter to stretch D, maybe a big play, PI et all.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

TG
                    That and the half time adjustments of the refs to stop calling any holding on the Chefs O line, and no PI in the secondary (I am not referring to the last play where the Turds players knocked each other down).

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Something else I noticed - after the Chiefs took the lead, they did not try to just sit on it. They continued to throw the ball and attack. Reid trusts his QB to get some more points. As it turned out, they needed to do just that to eek out a win in a very close game. That's what we need to do.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Honest Bronco fan review for the r/nfl u/NFLPowerRankers

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post
                          OT......Not sure why the Chiefs didn't target Kelcy 25 times for 8 TD's....the Raiders just refused to cover him! LOL.....The Raiders D is just horrible, including many Charger castoffs.
                          can't believe Bolts didn't score 40+ against them.
                          the “why didnt Bolts win by 40 (or. 400)” posts here in TPB are special.

KC won by 1 pt and that is with extraordinary referee assistance. Like having an extra player on the field for them.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X