Broncos @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Cowher was on the 'hot list' for coaches for the Chargers as well, but other than Marty, the Spani don't hire retread HCs. I think he'd rather rebuild the Steelers than to go on to a new team, and he has the Rooneys for support for how ever long it takes.
    ..cough, cough....Norv.
    ..cough, cough... Dan Henning

Marty was good, in the regular season. If I was a billionaire and I got burned three times, I might not want to try to get burned a 4th, too.

Cowher has been out of the game too long. I don't know if he is a Vermeil or a Gruden by now.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      I hadn't heard this: Russell Wilson has a partially torn lat muscle.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2022/10/8...lder-injection
      Look for the broncos to rely on none other than Melvin Gordon for offense. And look for the chargers defense to rely on scooping up any lost fumbles from none other than Melvin Gordon.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Look for the broncos to rely on none other than Melvin Gordon for offense. And look for the chargers defense to rely on scooping up any lost fumbles from none other than Melvin Gordon.
        If MG III doesn’t give us at least one fumble I will be very disappointed in him. He knows he owes us at least that much. For the titans goal line fumble at a minimum

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

If MG III doesn’t give us at least one fumble I will be very disappointed in him. He knows he owes us at least that much. For the titans goal line fumble at a minimum
          To this day, based on the replays shown to the fans on TV, the refs had ZERO reason to overturn the Ekeler play at the goal line. Maybe they had different photos - that still irks me. Than of course Gordon fumbles

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Don't sleep on these Broncos. They have the #3 overall defense, #1 pass defense, and are #4 in points allowed. Also 4th in sacks.

I'm sure Russell Wilson and MGIII will recapture just enough magic to make this game hell for us.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
              Don't sleep on these Broncos. They have the #3 overall defense, #1 pass defense, and are #4 in points allowed. Also 4th in sacks.

I'm sure Russell Wilson and MGIII will recapture just enough magic to make this game hell for us.
              You know it. As my dad used to say (RIP), teams "get well" on the Chargers.

Comment

• Air Coryell 84
                JH needs JH
                • Dec 2021
                • SW FL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

back in the day... not now, duh.
                Yeah I figured that but thought maybe he turned into Dick Vermeil and wanted to come out of retirement 20 years later lol. When you made the remark about him and Rooney wanting to rebuild the team it sounded to me he might be coming back.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Should see less a sea of red jerseys in the stands. Their fan base is nearly in revolt.

Comment

• SK21209
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2020
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Peyton has limited years left, he goes where there’s a quality QB IMO. I don’t think he wants to play the risky draft and develop game.
                    Yup, I think it’s going to be like when Cowher retired. You heard his name thrown out every off-season but he waited for the perfect landing spot and it never came. Looking at the current rosters and which teams could have openings next summer, I think Payton would go to the Cowboys or us if things go sideways and Staley is gone (incredibly unlikely, even if we miss the playoffs). I don’t see anywhere else that would be appealing, unless the Ravens somehow let Lamar Jackson go. Maybe Cincinnati if they disappoint and fire Taylor (who is not a good coach, IMO).

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

In addition to Russel's shoulder and Javonte Williams being out for the season,

Garret Bolles - broken leg, out
                      Josey Jewell - knee, week to week
                      Baron Browning - hand, day to day and boy did he look good Thursday night
                      Justin Simmons eligible to come off IR this week
                      Long snapper - IR wrist
                      Ronald Darby - knee out for season
                      Tim Patrick - IR
                      Randy Gregory - IR

Hackett says he does not control injuries. Or play calling, or timeouts, or game planning, or preparation, or....
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

This is set up for a Broncos bounce-back game.
                        we cant overlook any qb, and as shot as RW looks, we will get whatever best he has left.
                        Defense is still good, division game, MNF
                        This is a huge game, we need focus from EVERYONE
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That makes more sense. It's hard to win in the NFL and almost impossible without a good QB so it could get really old really fast in Pittsburgh.
                          they won a SB with one of the worst QB performances ever early on with rapelisberger at the helm. but I think it was more to do with the NFL wanting to send Jerome Bettis off with a ring.

Comment

Working...
                          X