Broncos @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

That and the half time adjustments of the refs to stop calling any holding on the Chefs O line, and no PI in the secondary (I am not referring to the last play where the Turds players knocked each other down).
    Agree the Chiefs get an extraordinary amount of help from refs.

that last play was the clown car at the circus. Lol
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      This would be an ideal game to give Woods some playing time. Wilson has a shoulder injury and his deep ball is pretty shot. We need our young guys to get some experience against old hurt qbs.
      Even with Wilson injured to some degree, I still do not prefer playing 10 on defense against their 11 on offense, so I would have to say "no" to that based upon that whole not able to tackle anything problem that Woods has, which is kind of a bad problem for a safety to have.

I think he needs to learn to tackle before he gets in game experience on defense unless we are up by 30+ points and, unfortunately, with Lombardi calling plays, we may never be up by 30+ points.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZBolt View Post
        First of all, nice that we escaped last game with no major injuries.......I hope Allen will be back, I haven't checked the latest.

Defense: Bolts just have to tackle better, even though both Brown backs are really tough........Damn, watching football this week, noticed many safety blitzes ansd some corner blitzes that were quite effective ....Bolts only do that with James maybe once a game, looking for more..Actually would like to see a corner other safety blitzes we need James back there....Staley/Hill schemes just haven't been effective, I'm not impressed......Rumph seems invisible out there, we need to try something else.....what the hell does Van Noy do?, invisible too..Hopefully more Covington on run plays too.

Also, I believe the interception by Gillman was the first fricken time all year Bolts didn't allow points in the red zone all year, not good.

Seems like Lombardi called a good game........ however, the red zone offense has been a problem all year, we need more creativity to put 7 on three board....Parham targeted once, maybe 2 times?
        3 red zone trips resulting in FGs, two failed 4th downs, way too conservative in the clutch, too many short passes, etc. Lombardi was his usual awful self in terms of play calling, but he got bailed out by some bad run defense by CLE.

Comment

• Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          Something else I noticed - after the Chiefs took the lead, they did not try to just sit on it. They continued to throw the ball and attack. Reid trusts his QB to get some more points. As it turned out, they needed to do just that to eek out a win in a very close game. That's what we need to do.
          No doubt, but Lombardi is not hearing that--ever, which is why our easy wins turn into close game wins and even losses.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

We can't be micromanaging this.
            C'mon. The NFL is a constant high wire act.
            Our season was just saved by Pipkin's injured only being a bruised MCL.
            The emerging Charger run game is gonna open up the dark cumulus clouds.
            It'z gonna be all Sunshine Yellow,
            with a Powder Blue background.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

the “why didnt Bolts win by 40 (or. 400)” posts here in TPB are special.

KC won by 1 pt and that is with extraordinary referee assistance. Like having an extra player on the field for them.
              KC is overrated and would not be in first place but for Lombardi's gift of the game to them with his play calling, insisting on throwing short and running with KC bringing its defense closer to the line of scrimmage. Only 2 of 48 passes beyond 17 air yards pretty much tells the story of Lombardi's weak play calling.

We should have scored over 40 against the Raiders. We lost momentum when we went run, run to open our second drive of the second half. There were numerous other first down runs in the second half putting us behind the sticks. It was Anthony Lynn ball at its finest--a study in how to put a team into position to lose a game that never should have been within 3 TDs. I thought I was watching the 2020 game in Denver all over again. Lombardi admitted that his play calling was too conservative, which was only admitting the incredibly obvious.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

If we were getting 4.5 ypc, Lombardi’s play calling would be right. But not at 2.5 ypc.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Even with Wilson injured to some degree, I still do not prefer playing 10 on defense against their 11 on offense, so I would have to say "no" to that based upon that whole not able to tackle anything problem that Woods has, which is kind of a bad problem for a safety to have.

I think he needs to learn to tackle before he gets in game experience on defense unless we are up by 30+ points and, unfortunately, with Lombardi calling plays, we may never be up by 30+ points.
                  You could be right, and i doubt he’s even active, but where will he ever get tackling practice? Not in an NFL practice, thats for sure.

few teams are ever up 30. Its not just Lombo. There are no Bama vs Western Prairie A&M games on an NFL schedule. (Ok, yes, i saw the bills score).

They scored 30 last Sunday. That was supposed to be enough to win. Oh, wait, it was! WOOT!
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You could be right, and i doubt he’s even active, but where will he ever get tackling practice? Not in an NFL practice, thats for sure.

few teams are ever up 30. Its not just Lombo. There are no Bama vs Western Prairie A&M games on an NFL schedule. (Ok, yes, i saw the bills score).

They scored 30 last Sunday. That was supposed to be enough to win. Oh, wait, it was! WOOT!
                    CLE's defense is really bad, especially against the run. Before our game, they had averaged 23.75 points allowed to the Panthers, Jets, Steelers and Falcons, not exactly offensive powerhouses. The play calling was not good yesterday. We left a ton of points on the field (15-19 points). There definitely is play calling ineptitude involved.

Beyond that, whether it is due to injuries or other issues, our defense has not played well enough for us to win by 30+ points either.

But the point of the comment about being up by 30+ points is that Woods is a defensive liability. I agree that his inability to tackle may not be something that can be fixed in NFL practices. Telesco/Staley might have considered that prior to reaching for him as they clearly did. It is unfortunate because he is athletically gifted, but he might just be the worst tackling safety I have even seen in an NFL uniform (albeit in a very limited sample size).

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Post season, Woods is going to have to find a tackling coach. And work all offseason on it.

along with eating and lifting.

come in next year as a more complete player.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        We can't be micromanaging this.
                        C'mon. The NFL is a constant high wire act.
                        Our season was just saved by Pipkin's injured only being a bruised MCL.
                        The emerging Charger run game is gonna open up the dark cumulus clouds.
                        It'z gonna be all Sunshine Yellow,
                        with a Powder Blue background.
                        Is it just a coincidence that the run game emerged at the same time Salyer started playing LT?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Is it just a coincidence that the run game emerged at the same time Salyer started playing LT?
                          No.
                          Salyer.
                          Linsley.
                          Feiler is getting back towards acceptable.
                          We can run left and right.
                          Incredible job by Jamaree.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X