POLL: Is Sofi Artificial Turf Causing More Injuries than Natural Grass?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colorado
    Fan since '62
    • Jun 2023
    • Desert Rat
    • Nothing but time on my hands
    • Send PM

Was Ekelers high ankle sprain caused by the SoFi turf?

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

The NFL players Union came out today demanding natural grass on all NFL fields. They said if stadiums could do it for European soccer teams they should be able to do it for NFL teams

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        The NFL players Union came out today demanding natural grass on all NFL fields. They said if stadiums could do it for European soccer teams they should be able to do it for NFL teams
        And I agree...owners need to take care of players and quit hiding behind the mantra of "injuries are about the same on artificial turf vs. grass"...

Comment

• Eurobolt
          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Just tonlet you know football pitch with natural grass can be softer and muddier as well as harder.
          Football players prefer tonplay on harder pitch, ball is faster on such.

Not sure what would be better for NFL (softer or harder natural grass pitch).
          Last edited by Eurobolt; 09-14-2023, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
            Just tonlet you know football pitch with natural grass can be softer and muddier as well as harder.
            Football players prefer tonplay on harder pitch, ball is faster on such.

Not sure what would be better for NFL (softer or harder natural grass pitch).
            If would never be harder. They water the fields. Frozen is possible though. Muddy definitely possible, but they also cover the fields
            when it rains before a game. Natural grass is preferred by the players and for good reason.

Comment

• Duck of Death
              Social Piranha
              • May 2022
              • Flyover, USA
              • Send PM

I actually wonder if they quietly sprinkled more of those rubber pellets on the turf in response to the rash of injuries at Sofi last year. The announcers mentioned that players were slipping a lot. Bosa definitely did on several occasions.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
                I actually wonder if they quietly sprinkled more of those rubber pellets on the turf in response to the rash of injuries at Sofi last year. The announcers mentioned that players were slipping a lot. Bosa definitely did on several occasions.
                It wouldn't surprise me:

Looking to learn more about artificial turf and how it works? Read about the purpose of the turf pellets or contact Keystone Sports Construction today!

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

I hope that the Aaron Rodgers injury helps convince NFL ownership that artificial turf increases the risk to the investment they make in players. Woody Johnson is going to pay Rodgers $36 mil to rehab this season and his football team is going to suck.

Comment

• Katdnzr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

What do you propose the teams with indoor stadiums do about natural turf vs. synthetic turf? Indoor stadiums don't have to worry about rain, snow, muddy, frozen fields, just lack of sunshine. Kind of an important ingredient for natural turf!

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Katdnzr View Post
                      What do you propose the teams with indoor stadiums do about natural turf vs. synthetic turf? Indoor stadiums don't have to worry about rain, snow, muddy, frozen fields, just lack of sunshine. Kind of an important ingredient for natural turf!
                      No problem! Just bring in some of those grow lights, like the ones they use to grow pot...if they work for one kind of "grass," they'll surely work for the other!

image.png​
                      Last edited by Topcat; 09-14-2023, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        I hope that the Aaron Rodgers injury helps convince NFL ownership that artificial turf increases the risk to the investment they make in players. Woody Johnson is going to pay Rodgers $36 mil to rehab this season and his football team is going to suck.
                        I would think that the owners have ran the numbers and are making a choice maximizing the profits. Woody will probably rationalize the cost of Rodgers being out as the cost of doing business. There might be a point where the injuries actually hurt the bottom line, but I suspect it isn't just a few players. I don't think anything will change until they can grow grass indoors that can last more than 2 or 3 weeks.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Katdnzr View Post
                          9b5ceecc95e22c52a50909f36ffbb93b.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X