Seahawks @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

The numbers were there for sure last year, yet for me this offence is missing something to be truly elite.

Speed comes to mind
    So does unpredictability

There are times when the play calling becomes too predictable and this offence really gets shut down..

Really obvious now that defences are not very worried about getting beat deep. Makes it easier to defend.

Herberts injury and lack of mobility has something to do with it, but we lack the big play dynamic the Bills and Chiefs have.

Herbert has thrown for 1 TD in last 2 games

238 yards in 57 pass attempts??? 4.2 yards per pass attmept is pathetic for having a QB with Herberts talent
    Health.
    Our elite QB is recovering from a cartilage tear in his rib cage since game 2.
    OL has played well considering but the top starters, LT (IR), C (missed games), RT (injured knee) and the LT replacement, RG are rookies.
    Our top WR is out with a persistent hammie.
    No top TE. We have guys with some nice attributes, no top receiver.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Errr….

So other than week one, I have watched zero Seahawks football. I see they are 3-3 which is way better than I expected before the season. Sounds like Geno Smith is coming back down to earth but Kenneth Walker is looking good at RB. How is the rest of the team? Other than Penny do they have many injuries? They have 2 really good WR and I always thought Fant could do more than Denver let him. Anyone been watching them?

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
        Errr….

So other than week one, I have watched zero Seahawks football. I see they are 3-3 which is way better than I expected before the season. Sounds like Geno Smith is coming back down to earth but Kenneth Walker is looking good at RB. How is the rest of the team? Other than Penny do they have many injuries? They have 2 really good WR and I always thought Fant could do more than Denver let him. Anyone been watching them?

TG
        I saw a little this past Sunday against the Cardinals. They do like to run the ball first - both with Walker and Geno can move. Maybe the Cardinals were doing a good job but Metcalf was not a factor. The Cardinals did get good pressure on Geno even with his mobility. I think like four sacks.

The Seahawks gave up a lot of points to both the Saints and Lions so I think you can score on them

Chargers are going to have to stop the run first and foremost thats for sure - Carroll wants to run th ball.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I saw a little this past Sunday against the Cardinals. They do like to run the ball first - both with Walker and Geno can move. Maybe the Cardinals were doing a good job but Metcalf was not a factor. The Cardinals did get good pressure on Geno even with his mobility. I think like four sacks.

The Seahawks gave up a lot of points to both the Saints and Lions so I think you can score on them

Chargers are going to have to stop the run first and foremost thats for sure - Carroll wants to run th ball.
          Sea is @ #31 defense. A refreshing change from Donk #1 pass D.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Oklahoma
            • Send PM

Seattle D held AZ to 3 points, the rest came off a blocked punt. Not the high scoring game the pundits predicted.
            They stole Woolen in the 5th round, the guy I wanted in the 4th. Still liked the Spiller pick.

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Another trap game coming....

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                Seattle D held AZ to 3 points, the rest came off a blocked punt. Not the high scoring game the pundits predicted.
                They stole Woolen in the 5th round, the guy I wanted in the 4th. Still liked the Spiller pick.
                Ari is a below avg O and D but 3 is uncharacteristically good for Sea D. It didn't seem to bump their lousy avg up.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Ari is a below avg O and D but 3 is uncharacteristically good for Sea D. It didn't seem to bump their lousy avg up.
                  Arizona moved the ball pretty well. I think Kingsbury went 3 for it three tmes instead of kicking FGs. Granted, thats not great but they were able to move the ball more than the 3 points they scored. With Prater, he kicks more Field Goals. Which brings up bad coaching - in that game, three points was a big deal. Have to know your opponent

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Your points are valid.

But so are points beyond that.

Many neutral observers have said it is blatantly obvious this offence lacks speed. The receivers are slow and do not separate well. Way too much to expect of a QB to throw all game long, every week into the tight windows Herbert does. Tribute to him he does not have more interceptions.

The play calling is alo predictable and not very innovative
                    No play calling is going to make our receivers faster and get better separation so I'm not sure how much Lombardi can be faulted for that. We either need to block a whole lot better to give them time to get open or add someone to the roster.

Comment

• Classic
                      Hall Of Fame
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                      Another trap game coming....
                      For the seahawks.... The offense that had 0 pass TDs and needed a injured kicker just may upset them this sunday if they overlook their opponent. Hopefully pete caroll and those guys aren't looking ahead to pivotal matchup versus the 5-1 Giants.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...