Seahawks @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Meltdown (Week 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

i don't think it is a matter of motivation at all;
    i think it is a matter of adjustments, preparation & X and Os.
    This coaching staff struggles with all 3.

Against good coaching staffs, Staley's consistently get taken to the woodshed.

Pity we don't go up against Paul 'hackett every week
    the last 2 years, we have lost to virtually Every historically great coach even when most think their teams lack talent....... the coaches out perform us.....

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

I can't take it anymore. I turn on ESPN and Hasselbeck is talking about Andy Reid using Hardman speed in the same plays he used Hill in run and pass.

Using Speed is the key words in what Hasselbeck said.

:killme:
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Rambler
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • No Cal
        • Civil Research Attorney
        • Send PM

Wow. What an embarrassment.

Can we ditch the hurry-up? Or is that the only new wrinkle to the offense we've added this year? It's not working.

I wonder if we are tipping our snaps in some way. Defenses seem to be timing them pretty well. Could that be explaining the offensive line woes of late? Or is it just the unimaginative play calls?

Maybe sign Ty Johnson back? I wasn't in the camp of thinking he was all that great. But he is fast. And he had chemistry with Herbert, and has some experience with this offense (last preseason). Between he and Jason Moore, I can't believe Moore brings more to the table. At least we would have a deep threat.

Maybe the offense rebounds with Keenan back after the break (if he is back after the break, and didn't tweak his hamstring today). But the defense is the bigger problem. We signed a bunch of guys that Staley wanted, and the results are as bad as last year. We are playing a bend then break defense, very passive. Were we that afraid of Geno scrambling that we couldn't send a few blitzes on third and longs? Or is Staley's defense outdated? The NFL evolves, and maybe we are not evolving.

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

Staley is now 13-11 as the Chargers HC. Unbelievable with a consistent top five, top ten QB. The Spanos’ are so comfortable with their puppet GM, that Staley could well go under .500 and they’ll bring Staley back for a third year. That’s this teams bean counter owners for ya.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

What stumps me is how bad the run defense still is, even after wholesale player changes? Have to take hard look @ coaching.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Considering how many guys will be out I see a loss to Atlanta in 2 weeks. Then the schedule gets tough. May not win another game.
              No chance now at the playoffs so lose for a much better draft and please fire Telesco.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                Considering how many guys will be out I see a loss to Atlanta in 2 weeks.
                And they beat Seattle who we just lost to.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Perspective: Team is still 4-3, 2nd place in the division and lost to the 1st place NFC West Seahawks.

Herbert is in rarified air and no Charger player in history has put up more yards from scrimmage through six games than Austin Ekeler. Not even LT.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                    I can't take it anymore. I turn on ESPN and Hasselbeck is talking about Andy Reid using Hardman speed in the same plays he used Hill in run and pass.

Using Speed is the key words in what Hasselbeck said.

:killme:
                    If this coaching staff wanted speed, they would have brought some speed players in.
                    New Orlean's system under Brees was not predicated on speed at wide out, but on precision route running.
                    Michael Thomas and Marques Colston, their top wideouts during the Brees era, were big 'slow' guys

Staley wanted this to be a line of scrimmage team: a l.o.s. team that can't run the football

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Screenshot_20221023-210120_Facebook.jpg

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If this coaching staff wanted speed, they would have brought some speed players in.
                        New Orlean's system under Brees was not predicated on speed at wide out, but on precision route running.
                        Michael Thomas and Marques Colston, their top wideouts during the Brees era, were big 'slow' guys

Staley wanted this to be a line of scrimmage team: a l.o.s. team that can't run the football
                        sorry but they had speed.... they did not throw deep except for blown coverages...but many times they caught short passes and had the speed to out run the defense to the endzone.....

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                          Considering how many guys will be out I see a loss to Atlanta in 2 weeks. Then the schedule gets tough. May not win another game.
                          No chance now at the playoffs so lose for a much better draft and please fire Telesco.
                          i don't see this team having a winning record at year's end.

This team might lose their final 10 games. I see them as an underdog in all their games.
                          Maybe against the Rams, Cardinals, niners...all other games they should lose

A team getting hit with the injury bug type victories.

I don't see Staley being back next year.

Comment

Working...
                          X