Seahawks @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Meltdown (Week 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Air Coryell
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2021
    • Carlsbad, CA
    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Keenan Allen pulled himself at halftime. Didn’t feel like he had a burst
    Doubtful he will be 100% all season. Bummer

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Came out flat 3 straight weeks. Made it up against bad teams. Couldn’t make it up against a mid level team.
      The 1st place team in the NFC West is a mid level team. Your logic here I cannot parse.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

1. Let Herbie loose. Give him green light to take more shots downfield...and start scrambling for first downs. Rest of the season should be 2 minute drill.
        Beach, I am seeing this reductive sentiment more and more. Those that are making this argument for Herbert's arm are ignoring that of Herbert's ribs. As posted prior by the Charger Reddit poster, there simply is no time for Herbert to 'go deep' as this CR poster was at the Charger-Bronco game. Unless you want Chase Daniel as the starter for the rest of the season, this kind of sentiment needs to die a slow death. The Chargers are running the Saint offense and it shall remain so: a ball-control offense through high percentage passes mixed with power running to own the time of possession and keep the defense fresh and off the field. Staley considers it state-of-the-art in the NFL, whether or not you agree, you may take those merits up with Staley.

Before Sunday, that philosophy had lead to a 4-2 record and a share of 1st place in the division. Now, I hope that Telesco and Staley are evaluating the depth chart and weighing making a move as Edge Chris Rumph was diagnosed with an MCL sprain and will be out for weeks. A move at WR + EDGE would be my line of thinking.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Good post, ghost.
          Coupla points.
          NFL power rankings are gonna be fluid.
          SEA could go up or down.
          LAC same.
          SEA did just sign Bruce Irvin to round out their Front Four rotation.
          Hmmm.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

I hear you ghost - people just ignore why we are dinking and dunking.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Beach, I am seeing this reductive sentiment more and more. Those that are making this argument for Herbert's arm are ignoring that of Herbert's ribs. As posted prior by the Charger Reddit poster, there simply is no time for Herbert to 'go deep' as this CR poster was at the Charger-Bronco game. Unless you want Chase Daniel as the starter for the rest of the season, this kind of sentiment needs to die a slow death. The Chargers are running the Saint offense and it shall remain so: a ball-control offense through high percentage passes mixed with power running to own the time of possession and keep the defense fresh and off the field. Staley considers it state-of-the-art in the NFL, whether or not you agree, you may take those merits up with Staley.

Before Sunday, that philosophy had lead to a 4-2 record and a share of 1st place in the division. Now, I hope that Telesco and Staley are evaluating the depth chart and weighing making a move as Edge Chris Rumph was diagnosed with an MCL sprain and will be out for weeks. A move at WR + EDGE would be my line of thinking.
              Staley with this offense plan seems sound provided we actually make the playoffs. The master key is to have a core of players that are actually healthy if or when we make the playoffs.

If we don't make the playoffs, it would then be time to make a change with this HC & his GM. = 1. Jim Harbaugh 2. Payton as the only 2 HC prospects to consider again if we were to fail to make the playoffs.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Staley with this offense plan seems sound provided we actually make the playoffs. The master key is to have a core of players that are actually healthy if or when we make the playoffs.

If we don't make the playoffs, it would then be time to make a change with this HC & his GM. = 1. Jim Harbaugh 2. Payton as the only 2 HC prospects to consider again if we were to fail to make the playoffs.
                I would argue that Staley is close and needs a 3rd year and give him freehand with the roster before you decide to hold him accountable for his record. Let him have Roquan Smith at LB, who was pretty terrific last night, who Staley has a very solid relationship with. I believe his defensive backfield is close to completed as well, and wouldn't it be something to see the Chargers defense play as well as it did against Denver, on a week-to-week basis?

Also, HIRE VIC FANGIO AS DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR FOR THE 2023 SEASON.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

The 1st place team in the NFC West is a mid level team. Your logic here I cannot parse.
                  they were 3-3 coming into the game. definitely not elite. some divisions have a bunch of struggling teams.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    I hear you ghost - people just ignore why we are dinking and dunking.
                    Everybody is angry and shouting over each other.
                    Overposting and ignoring good takes.
                    Agree or disagree.
                    The board needs to breathe.
                    Quality, respectful back and forth is very useful.
                    TPB is group therapy.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Everybody is angry and shouting over each other.
                      Overposting and ignoring good takes.
                      Agree or disagree.
                      The board needs to breathe.
                      Quality, respectful back and forth is very useful.
                      TPB is group therapy.
                      Can we agree that we are concerned about the depth at EDGE + WR, right now, in order to make a run, and second, do we or do we not make a move to address that now prior to the November 1 trade deadline? I think the best move is to do nothing and conserve the picks for April as we'll need everyone of them come 2023 season. I just wish GM John Dorsey were making the picks instead of Telesco.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Staley is already dead by analytics
                        Fixed it for ya.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Can we agree that we are concerned about the depth at EDGE + WR, right now, in order to make a run, and second, do we or do we not make a move to address that now prior to the November 1 trade deadline? I think the best move is to do nothing and conserve the picks for April as we'll need everyone of them come 2023 season. I just wish GM John Dorsey were making the picks instead of Telesco.
                          Totally against making any moves that will cost even 1 draft pick. The team is going nowhere fast, and all but the most die-hard fans have accepted this. Somebody posted that Florio, I think, commented that one of the biggest mysteries (paraphrasing here) of the 2022 season was how the Chargers managed to win 4 games so far. And I would absolutely agree. We are, by far, the softest 4-3 team in the League right now, with the worst defense, a non-existent offense, and more injuries than you can shake a stick at. Bringing in a cast-off WR, or spending precious draft capital (for the next GM to use ) on another position is going to do NOTHING to change the course of this lost season.

Comment

Working...
                          X