Until John Spanos is Gone, Nothing Will Ever Change - Locked By Fleet - John LIstened

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geezbolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Sun Valley, ID
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

This article conveniently overlooks the other 40'r cheating scandal when they felt because they were the 49s they did not have to abide by the salary cap like the other peasant teams had to abide by. So they signed every probowl player out there for these tiny contracts and told everyone they took less because they wanted to be a 40r and a winner but behind the scenes they were paying these players under the table big cash contracts. Because of this cheating they stole the Chargers chance to win a SB. I hate the 49rs more than any other team out there. I despise everything about them and do not want the Chargers to emulate any of their cheating ways, because unlike the 49rs who are one of the favored franchises and are treated with kid gloves, the Chargers would be brutalized byt eh NFL and media if they were to cheat like that.
    For the exact reasons you just gave, I've always felt the Niners SB win over the Chargers should have an asterisk by it in the record books.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post

For the exact reasons you just gave, I've always felt the Niners SB win over the Chargers should have an asterisk by it in the record books.
      Agree 100%

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

This article conveniently overlooks the other 40'r cheating scandal when they felt because they were the 49s they did not have to abide by the salary cap like the other peasant teams had to abide by. So they signed every probowl player out there for these tiny contracts and told everyone they took less because they wanted to be a 40r and a winner but behind the scenes they were paying these players under the table big cash contracts. Because of this cheating they stole the Chargers chance to win a SB. I hate the 49rs more than any other team out there. I despise everything about them and do not want the Chargers to emulate any of their cheating ways, because unlike the 49rs who are one of the favored franchises and are treated with kid gloves, the Chargers would be brutalized byt eh NFL and media if they were to cheat like that.
        I truly have never heard this story before. If true, that kind of sucks. How did they circumvent the cap - were they all "employes" of Debartolo, Inc or something on the side

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I truly have never heard this story before. If true, that kind of sucks. How did they circumvent the cap - were they all "employes" of Debartolo, Inc or something on the side
          What they did was offer, say Charles Halley a 1 million dollar deal but paid him an addition 3 million (my numbers are not accurate just using examples) under the table, off the records so they were able to fit under the cap. They did this with most of the superstar players they were signing. Once this was discovered, they used the corruption sandal as cover and that is why the issues with the owners came up, why Debartalo was forced out. The NFL went into panic mode to cover this up and ESPN worked hard with them as the 9ers were a favored franchise. The 9ers were fined $ and picks, they also had the cash they had paid under the table to the players added to the cap over the next 10 years. That is why every year they are at the cap but had trash players for the next decade. It was not until the cap was eventually cleared that they started to get better and were able to sign FA's that were not off the street.

Just thinking about this makes me sick. I hate those guys more than any other team in the NFL.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

The league instituted the salary cap for the first time in 1994, and teams like the 49ers who were used to out-bidding other teams for players were looking for ways to get around it. Here is a NY Times story from 1996 about it.

But it's not really relevant to how the 49ers are managed today. The 49ers are majority owned by a single family, the Yorks, but they don't involve themselves in the business football. They hire competent football people to do that. In contrast to the Spanos family, who have inserted the sons of Dean into the running of football operations, whether they are competent are not. And they are not.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

What they did was offer, say Charles Halley a 1 million dollar deal but paid him an addition 3 million (my numbers are not accurate just using examples) under the table, off the records so they were able to fit under the cap. They did this with most of the superstar players they were signing. Once this was discovered, they used the corruption sandal as cover and that is why the issues with the owners came up, why Debartalo was forced out. The NFL went into panic mode to cover this up and ESPN worked hard with them as the 9ers were a favored franchise. The 9ers were fined $ and picks, they also had the cash they had paid under the table to the players added to the cap over the next 10 years. That is why every year they are at the cap but had trash players for the next decade. It was not until the cap was eventually cleared that they started to get better and were able to sign FA's that were not off the street.

Just thinking about this makes me sick. I hate those guys more than any other team in the NFL.
              Why did they let them keep the Super Bowl? Because they were the storied 49ers with Steve Young at QB

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Why did they let them keep the Super Bowl? Because they were the storied 49ers with Steve Young at QB
                Exactly

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

What you said here is why I tell that to every football fan I can. I will never stop reminding people of that scandal.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

In contrast to the Spanos family, who have inserted the sons of Dean into the running of football operations, whether they are competent are not. And they are not.
                    so what would johnny boy and ag be doing if daddy didnt give them jobs?

Comment

• Air Coryell
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2021
                      • Carlsbad, CA
                      • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

so what would johnny boy and ag be doing if daddy didnt give them jobs?
                      What would Dean be doing if daddy didn't hire him?

Comment

• nomad1946
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2017
                        • West Yellowstone, Montana
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

What would Dean be doing if daddy didn't hire him?
                        Selling bologna sandwiches in the parking lot on game day? :More Q Please:

Comment

• RTPbolt
                          Charger Fan till the end
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Carolina
                          • Send PM

This bs about John Spanosis just a conspiracy theory. Tired of how hate comes out as soon as something doesnt go right and i guess its a new victim that cant defend himself. Insulting people isnt ok. Its fine to have an opinion but why let emotion ruin it. Sure I get Seattle beat us but as they just showed they are healthier and beating quality opponents…doesnt mean we have to talk shit about people and be disrespectful and sometimes infantile in response to a loss. Its why i didnt come back to the site since the last game…gets old reading that type of response.

sorry that just bugs me…had to voice it

RTPbolt

Comment

Working...
                          X