Until John Spanos is Gone, Nothing Will Ever Change - Locked By Fleet - John LIstened

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    The more I read here the more I get the sick to my stomach feeling the spanos ilk don't have the balls and brains to pull a Harbaugh hire.We will most likely end up with another dud,one of many.These guys just can't run a successful football team and are too arrogant or stupid to bring in real football men to do it.
    Past = prologue is an assumption. We shall see … if you’re getting sick to your stomach, i recommend a different hobby.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

These spanos turds pull another lame duck hire then I will find a new hobby.Losing year after year and how many decades with no trophy is gettin old.Defending my team every season they fall short is gettin old too.

Comment

• captaind
        Cook This Pork Chops
        • Jun 2013
        • Mars
        • Ball Holder
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Aside from some internet gossip, all we can do is speculate.

Officially, John Spanos was Telesco's boss. Never, as far as I know, has there been a clear description of what exactly is his role in the organization.

After the firings, John Spanos said that he's deeply involved in the football operations side: personally evaluating the state of the team, conferring with the head coach/GM on a daily basis.
        He implied that he is a conduit between the GM and the head coach - but I doubt he's a blank slate, & if need be, Telesco can always pick up a phone and reach the head coach directly.
        He's also, no doubt, in constant communication with the various Charger directors of personnel, to get another perspective. Who hired them, and to whom do they hold allegiance: Telesco or John Spanos? Was Telesco given leeway to organize the entire front office and scouting departments?

John Spanos did say that he never scuttled a draft selection for his choice, and I believe him on that. Still, there is the potential for having tremendous influence over the process.

We'll never know exactly what type of influence John Spanos exerted, if he was just a fly on the wall, or if Telesco just considered him a nuisance.

We do know that the Chargers operate on the principal of fealty to organizational consensus.
        On draft day, Telesco has often said that they operate by consensus with draft picks: everyone must be on board;
        and we do know how slowly they operate with mid season acquisitions and with moving around the draft board: those immediate changes require one to be spontaneous and take control.

I think this is where John Spanos has set his mark on the organization and its operations. Amicable consensus builders are brought in, each and everyone.
        And the principal player who directs the meetings and conversations, and invites the participants that eventually shape the consensus, over the many months,
        it probably is John Spanos .... and in that he exerted a lot of influence and control. Consensus does not crop up organically, you need a governing hand to arrive there.

That's the Spanos managerial philosophy .... others have voiced it before.
        Why did they reject Brian Dabol, with Herbert in the fold, and Telesco having worked with him before?

He was the natural choice.
        But then you started hearing about how he was a little rough around the edges.

A consensus failed to be reached: probably one of the Spanos rejected him, but we'll never know.
        “I am grateful for my 11 years as GM of the San Diego/LA Chargers,” Telesco wrote. “It was an experience my family and I will never forget. The NFL is a people business and I am thankful for the hard work, time sacrificed and loyalty of so many. Thank you Players, Coaches, Scouts, Trainers, Doctors, Video, Equipment, Public Relations, Grounds Crew, Security, Player Engagement, Digital Media, and specifically Ed McGuire and JoJo Wooden. We are looking forward to our next chapter and we will always be Bolt Fans.”

In his goodbye tweet, Telesco even remembered to thank San Diego and the grounds crew. Who was the only name noticeably absent from his list?

Maybe I read too much into that. Or not.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
          FUdean
          • Dec 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

“I am grateful for my 11 years as GM of the San Diego/LA Chargers,” Telesco wrote. “It was an experience my family and I will never forget. The NFL is a people business and I am thankful for the hard work, time sacrificed and loyalty of so many. Thank you Players, Coaches, Scouts, Trainers, Doctors, Video, Equipment, Public Relations, Grounds Crew, Security, Player Engagement, Digital Media, and specifically Ed McGuire and JoJo Wooden. We are looking forward to our next chapter and we will always be Bolt Fans.”

In his goodbye tweet, Telesco even remembered to thank San Diego and the grounds crew. Who was the only name noticeably absent from his list?

Regards,

FUdean

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2023
            • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

John Spanos will neatly fit himself into that tweet as a scout - don't worry about his feelings.

Comment

Working...
            X