Until John Spanos is Gone, Nothing Will Ever Change - Locked By Fleet - John LIstened

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Don Corleone View Post
    https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...p28-story.html

“The thing I think my dad would be very proud of today is I believe everyone in our family that is working in this business or other businesses have earned that right. They were not given that right. Dad was a big believer of that. He wouldn’t do it if they didn’t earn it. Nobody got a free ride.”
    HOLY SHIT that is funny! Maybe that's why they hired bs...cuz they understand bs's BS better than anyone can and thought they could BS with each other about...wutever.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

HOLY SHIT that is funny! Maybe that's why they hired bs...cuz they understand bs's BS better than anyone can and thought they could BS with each other about...wutever.
      I think if they truly wanted John Boy to be VP or scouting or whatever - they should have had him work for another organization at least. To get others insight. Dean can call in a favor.

But its obvious its just a big family business who are all clueless because Papa Alex did the program with the migrant workers that he built up. And Dean went to U o P (probably majored in basket weaving) and is clueless.

Say what you want about Snyder, who is a creep it seems and a terribe person to work with but at least he worked to build up his business. Dean was born in the right order - thats his qualifications

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
        I don't think there's enough evidence to blame John Spanos for anything at this point. I think when we look at all the evidence it points to Telesco far more being the primary culprit because he came from Indy with Polian and that team in Indy ended up looking a lot like this team here once Peyton Manning had to sit out. I have gone into great detail on this in other threads.

Also note that "Chargering" wasn't nearly as bad until Telesco got here. Chargering basically equates to having a fundamentally unsound football team. There are multiple things that go into that but a good bit of this is constantly not having a deep roster, avoiding signing cheap veteran talent to fill holes, and having multiple practice squad players filling important roles. One can look at the current depth at corner for a prime example of that. Good players like Callahan are available & they're only 1 injury away from having to start a practice squad player at that position. The important thing is that "chargering" is by and large predictable before it happens by the construction of the roster. You constantly have Olines that can't run block or protect the passer, tight end groups that can't run block, interior Dlineman & linebackers that don't play the run, secondary players that don't tackle, and a mentality on special teams that tolerates mediocrity in the coverage units.

THE OPPOSITE OF CHARGERING ARE THE STEELERS, SEATTLE, & BALTIMORE WHO CONSTANTLY DO MORE WITH LESS!!!

Those teams build fundamentally sound football teams that stop the run, run the football, tackle well, don't give up big plays, emphasize ball security, and special teams. They are never perfect and always have major holes in some part of the team, but there's a physical culture that tends to lessen the impact of their weaknesses.

When you constantly draft players like Jerry Tillery (an undersized interior dlineman that doesn't play the run) and JT Woods (a safety that can't tackle) those type of moves synergize to form a sum less than their given parts. Thus "chargering" results & you have a team with a lot of great individual parts that never seems to put it together.

John Butler built a very fundamentally sound, physical football team. AJ continued that for a while until he started going senile in his later years & began to neglect the Oline & Dline. John Spanos worked for the chargers during the Butler & AJ years when things were much different. Then Telesco came in. So how can anyone really blame John Spanos?

THE NEXT GM NEEDS TO KNOW HOW TO BUILD A FUNDAMENTALLY SOUND FOOTBALL TEAM THAT SYNERGIZES INTO A SUM GREATER THAN THE INDIVIDUAL PARTS!!
        How can John Spanos be blamed?

Even if Johnny hasn’t meddled, which I doubt, Telesco reports to him and he hasn’t replaced him after a decade of complete incompetence including a string of failed coaches, bad draft picks, and failed FA moves. Then there’s the lack of playoff appearances and success.

would you have put up with Telesco’s abysmal record? No? Then you should be equally fed up with Johhny’s management.

ALL the bucks stop at Johnny’s desk…..whether you think the problem is Telesco, scouting, or coaches….it’s all Johnny’s

You can’t scapegoat anyone else in the organization if they report into you.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Even if Johnny hasn’t meddled, which I doubt, Telesco reports to him and he hasn’t replaced him after a decade of complete incompetence including a string of failed coaches, bad draft picks, and failed FA moves. Then there’s the lack of playoff appearances and success.

would you have put up with Telesco’s abysmal record? No? Then you should be equally fed up with Johhny’s management.

ALL the bucks stop at Johnny’s desk…..whether you think the problem is Telesco, scouting, or coaches….it’s all Johnny’s

It starts with the Spanii- Dean, AJ and John Boy

But if Telesco is truly the GM without interference from John Boy -- both are culpable as Telesco is not doing a good job and Johnny B is letting him

Comment

• Kellyb72601
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Well many seem to have a narrative that John Boy is picking the players and responsible for all the organizational decisions. I've heard or seen nothing to indicate that. Yes I think they've stuck with Telesco too long, but I haven't lost hope the next GM will get it right. I will say if this team misses the playoffs & Telesco isn't fired I will no longer support the team or be a fan. As it is I hate to do it but I'm now rooting for them to lose every game the rest of the season because it's beyond obvious a total housecleaning is in order.

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think if they truly wanted John Boy to be VP or scouting or whatever - they should have had him work for another organization at least. To get others insight. Dean can call in a favor.

But its obvious its just a big family business who are all clueless because Papa Alex did the program with the migrant workers that he built up. And Dean went to U o P (probably majored in basket weaving) and is clueless.

Say what you want about Snyder, who is a creep it seems and a terribe person to work with but at least he worked to build up his business. Dean was born in the right order - thats his qualifications
              Dean is probably the red-headed stepchild of football owners. I dont think ANY org would hire his sons to be VP of anything. Maybe if they own a housekeeping company they can bring him on to be a supervisor.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                FUdean
                • Dec 2022
                • Send PM

Well many seem to have a narrative that John Boy is picking the players and responsible for all the organizational decisions. I've heard or seen nothing to indicate that. Yes I think they've stuck with Telesco too long, but I haven't lost hope the next GM will get it right. I will say if this team misses the playoffs & Telesco isn't fired I will no longer support the team or be a fan. As it is I hate to do it but I'm now rooting for them to lose every game the rest of the season because it's beyond obvious a total housecleaning is in order.
                Chargers.com.

John Spanos was named President of Football Operations for the Chargers in May 2015 and oversees all football-related functions of the team, including player personnel, coaching, player finance and the salary cap, medical, equipment, video, player engagement and security.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Well many seem to have a narrative that John Boy is picking the players and responsible for all the organizational decisions. .
                  Haha….that’s literally his job description.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post

Chargers.com.

John Spanos was named President of Football Operations for the Chargers in May 2015 and oversees all football-related functions of the team, including player personnel, coaching, player finance and the salary cap, medical, equipment, video, player engagement and security.
                    So this is his 9th season
                    Zero divsions
                    two playoff

So he is picking the players. I think its all coming together - he is a clueless. Doesn't mean Telesco shouldn't be fired because his time is up but John Boy is probably really an idiot

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

So this is his 9th season
                      Zero divsions
                      two playoff

So he is picking the players. I think it’s was all coming together - he is a clueless. Doesn't mean Telesco shouldn't be fired because his time is up but John Boy is probably really an idiot
                      He stunk as head of scouting before being promoted to president of football operations so you can’t even call it the peter principle…..pure unadulterated nepotism with zero accountability.

His record as head of scouting would have got him fired by any other team but they promoted him to the top post because it was his birth right apparently.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

Dean is probably the red-headed stepchild of football owners. I dont think ANY org would hire his sons to be VP of anything. Maybe if they own a housekeeping company they can bring him on to be a supervisor.
                        Actually there is another.
                        Jerry Jones Son is the
                        • COO/executive vice president/director of player personnel of the Cowboys.
                        And Clark Hunt is the Chairman & CEO of KC. Clearly he is smart enough to let football guys do their job.

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Actually there is another.
                          Jerry Jones Son is the
                          • COO/executive vice president/director of player personnel of the Cowboys.
                          And Clark Hunt is the Chairman & CEO of KC. Clearly he is smart enough to let football guys do their job.

I meant I dont think any NFL owners would hire Dean's son into any of their executive positions

Comment

Working...
                          X