Chargers @ Falcons Pre Game Thread (Week 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We could beat or lose to any team on our schedule. Atlanta is a mediocre to ordinary team. Did you see any part of their game yesterday and how they won? If people think the Chargers were lucky to beat the Browns than the Falcons won the lottery against the Panthers yesterday. But if we play like we did against the Seahawks, we could absolutely lose.
    It is now being reported that DJ Moore did not remove his helmet until out of the End Zone.

No penalty. Gimme PAT. No Overtime. ATL loses to CAR.

At home, the Falcons could easily play a game that gives the Chargers problems, Arthur Smith offense and such.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

We could beat or lose to any team on our schedule. Atlanta is a mediocre to ordinary team. Did you see any part of their game yesterday and how they won? If people think the Chargers were lucky to beat the Browns than the Falcons won the lottery against the Panthers yesterday. But if we play like we did against the Seahawks, we could absolutely lose.
      nah I was out kayaking yesterday and enjoying the water. not one peep of football all day yesterday and it was very relaxing, almost euphoric.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Chargers open as a 3 point favorite.

Discuss.
        Favorites, huh? Hmmm...another potential trap game...

Comment

• SK21209
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2020
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

The Falcons aren't just the overachieving bad team we see halfway through every season, they're legitimately tough to beat. That offense has been tough for everyone to gameplan for and if AJ Terrell is playing their defense is competent. Last season we see real differences in early down playcalling after the bye week, hopefully we see that again.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

I am going too. I fear this game as we have underachieved all season. Last year I was at the Vikes game at SoFi and we played the same way. They had better show up ready to play or I am afraid the Falcons will give us a beating. If I was a betting man, I would take the 3 points......

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It is now being reported that DJ Moore did not remove his helmet until out of the End Zone.

No penalty. Gimme PAT. No Overtime. ATL loses to CAR.

At home, the Falcons could easily play a game that gives the Chargers problems, Arthur Smith offense and such.
              Well Pineiro missed a FG in overtime of similar distance that wins the game
              I still didn't like the refs calling that -- let them play- its 13 seconds, 67 yard touchdown pass

As for Sunday - am clueless as to which Chargers team shows up. But I will be rooting as always

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Have a great game, La Costa/rich !
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

The last time I ever had confidence in a Chargers game was when Marty was the HC. And it probably won’t change until the Chargers get a HC that can instill confidence in the fanbase. Staley has done great job talking up the confidence in the fanbase, but the product on the field has not instilled that confidence. I honestly don’t think Herbert will ever reach his full potential with Staley and Lombardi leading the way.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I am an optimist. But have to admit pretty down on this team and coaching staff and the injuries really depress me. Williams is a Chiefs killer and won't play that game. Chiefs never have faced the full Charger team have they? Herbert is not healthy and we are getting an offense designed to protect him and avoid asking him to make the throws that make him so special, because he cannot make those throws right now probably. And it hurts the running game. Keenan did not sound like he was ready to really play again. Parham is likely finished. Jackson was a very poor player this season but his loss has a big impact on morale, I bet. We are counting on Jerry Attoucho playing. Not making that up.

You guys know I am not a debby downer, quite the opposite. But having a hard time looking foward to Charger games right now.

I love Staley, but when is he going to fix the run defense? How many times do we have to hear him say someone didnt do the crack replace or whatever right? Fix it! You are the head coach and a supposed defensive genius. You got every player you dreamed of. Fix it.
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

doesnt this team do badly after bye weeks?

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        I am an optimist. But have to admit pretty down on this team and coaching staff and the injuries really depress me. Williams is a Chiefs killer and won't play that game. Chiefs never have faced the full Charger team have they? Herbert is not healthy and we are getting an offense designed to protect him and avoid asking him to make the throws that make him so special, because he cannot make those throws right now probably. And it hurts the running game. Keenan did not sound like he was ready to really play again. Parham is likely finished. Jackson was a very poor player this season but his loss has a big impact on morale, I bet. We are counting on Jerry Attoucho playing. Not making that up.

You guys know I am not a debby downer, quite the opposite. But having a hard time looking foward to Charger games right now.

I love Staley, but when is he going to fix the run defense? How many times do we have to hear him say someone didnt do the crack replace or whatever right? Fix it! You are the head coach and a supposed defensive genius. You got every player you dreamed of. Fix it.
                        Having so many injuries is very frustrating and exposes our lack of depth in some places where it is hurting us really bad. I am probably more frustrated with the front office - I shouldn't be surprised, but it is frustrating to think that our approach appears to be just ride out the injury wave and wait for guys to return instead of going out and getting reinforcements. If Palmer is out this week (and I have seen reports he may not be ready to come back) I cannot believe we'd go into a game with a very questionable Allen and a bunch of practice squad players.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                          doesnt this team do badly after bye weeks?
                          They did lose to the Pats last year after the bye. The score was 27-24. From what I remember the Chargers faded in the 4th. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Working...
                          X