Chargers @ Falcons Pre Game Thread (Week 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

They did lose to the Pats last year after the bye. The score was 27-24. From what I remember the Chargers faded in the 4th. I could be wrong though.
    Then take the three.......

Comment

• UtahBolt
      Did we win?
      • Jun 2013
      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
      • Send PM

How are we favored in this game? This game has the big Bolt THUD written all over it.

-Let's start with the early kickoff. We never seem to do well with that (most west coast teams don't and the NFL really should address that).
      -Second, coming off the bye week has the potential to be flat and a trap game before two really big games coming up. Is our coaching staff good enough to make the changes needed to ignite a spark? Not so far.
      -Third, defending a mobile QB. Always a chore for this team and MM has a history of making plays against us.
      -Fourth, ATL is a solid running team. They are 4th in total rushing yards and average 4.7 per carry. That does not bode well.
      -Last and most obvious, all of our injuries. Their weakness is their pass defense but I am not sure we will be able to exploit that with all of our injuries on offense.

I am not trying to be all doom a gloom and will be watching and hope for the best but I I feel like as Bolts fans we have seen this game before. Just seems it rarely goes well.
      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
        How are we favored in this game? This game has the big Bolt THUD written all over it.

-Last and most obvious, all of our injuries. Their weakness is their pass defense but I am not sure we will be able to exploit that with all of our injuries on offense.

I am not trying to be all doom a gloom and will be watching and hope for the best but I I feel like as Bolts fans we have seen this game before. Just seems it rarely goes well.
        We were supposed to have shreaded the Seahags pass D. That never materialized. The other teams were supposed to run all over us...that DID materialize.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
          Day One...
          • Mar 2019
          • Brentwood, 94513
          • Send PM

Another opportunity to get right. Again, there are no easy games in the NFL. This team needs to better in all aspects. Coach better, execute better, this is the time. Let’s go back to a time when Charger teams won in November and December.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Atlanta us a top 10 scoring offense, #5 in the ground. Our D had better have their stuff together. Sea #31 offense put up 37 pts on us.

On the other hand, Atl's D is #28 ppg allowed, #32 vs pass. If Herbert can't find his receivers vs the worst pass D in the NFL, time to start Chase.

Looks like a shoot out. LAC 41 - Atl 39.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
              I am going too. I fear this game as we have underachieved all season. Last year I was at the Vikes game at SoFi and we played the same way. They had better show up ready to play or I am afraid the Falcons will give us a beating. If I was a betting man, I would take the 3 points......
              That Vikes game last year was one of several that were winnable...but no--even though the Vikes D repeatedly stacked the box against us, Lambo stubbornly kept going with the predictable ground and short pass game...and we lost...

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

We were supposed to have shreaded the Seahags pass D. That never materialized. The other teams were supposed to run all over us...that DID materialize.
                Seattle's major weakness was offensive. Their D was respectable. Our D was not.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                  Let's do this!
                  • Aug 2022
                  • Raleigh N. Carolina
                  • Send PM

Atlanta was AMAZINGLY lucky to get past the Panthers.

Bone headed PF pushing an XP to out of range and and Charlotte missed a gimme FG in OT

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                    Atlanta us a top 10 scoring offense, #5 in the ground. Our D had better have their stuff together. Sea #31 offense put up 37 pts on us.

On the other hand, Atl's D is #28 ppg allowed, #32 vs pass. If Herbert can't find his receivers vs the worst pass D in the NFL, time to start Chase.

And fire this coaching staff and GM.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                      Did we win?
                      • Jun 2013
                      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                      • Send PM

What worries me about a shootout is they have an excellent kicker (used to be ours!) and we have a practice squad guy...
                      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Seattle's major weakness was offensive. Their D was respectable. Our D was not.
                        I thought it was reverse...their D, especially their pass D was suspect but their O was efficient.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Whatever it takes Sunday
                          run the ball a lot
                          two TEs and smashmouth
                          hurry up (except inside the 10 or on 4th downs)
                          whatever it takes on defense -
                          just win the game Bolts

Comment

Working...
                          X