Chargers @ Falcons Pre Game Thread (Week 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Today, Staley spoke a lot about the Chargers culture. He did not make one solitary excuse about our injuries.

Again, what will it look like when we turn the corner ? It will begin with our players sticking together and winning a game they were not supposed to.

My touts this week are Ek, Jay Moore, Carter and Spiller. Our weapons must be what gets it done.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Today, Staley spoke a lot about the Chargers culture. He did not make one solitary excuse about our injuries.

Again, what will it look like when we turn the corner ? It will begin with our players sticking together and winning a game they were not supposed to.

My touts this week are Ek, Jay Moore, Carter and Spiller. Our weapons must be what gets it done.
      Agree with u on Carter, Wood...the dude's sneaky quick, has moves, but we don't target him as much as we should. He's only averaging 2-3 catches a game. Especially with Slayer out, Bolts need to give the guy some more targets:

carter stats.JPG

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Things being in somewhat dissaray, let’s at least do some of the little things right that don’t have to do with injuries, like punting protection, field goal attempts getting protection and solid defense on kickoff and punt returns. At least grant me that, Chargers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

If you watched last night’s game you probably also saw the graphic on the players they added this season. Every one was hit. No misses. Surrounding Jalen with An Brown and Dontae Smith doesn’t hurt either. What really hurts (no pun intended) is that we had Steichen in the building doing a good job. He and Pep were keepers for Herbert. We let them both go. For what?
          You have to let your new hired HC to pick his own staff.
          And let me remind you that there were many in here that wanted Steichen gone as well.

I think the only coach we all liked was Pep.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

With all our injuries, the Falcons are fielding the clearly more talented team. A game like this is where good coaching/scheming can be the equalizer.

Take that how you will.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Craig440
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              You have to let your new hired HC to pick his own staff.
              I agree but don't you think keeping Pep would have been an option? After all he coached Justin to rookie of the year when he was supposed to be just average or needed seasoning.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

The Chargers are still favorite by 3, I think.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Chargers dont have the worst talent, we have had thew worst coaching...... our players were better on previous teams and will play better on future teams.....

Look how well SEA and NE play with far less talent..... they play above their heads ...chargers players play down to competition and that is why we always win or lose close games.... close games need to be played mistake free to win..... Staley is a super PC woke coach who wont curse or yell at plsayers who screw up....instead he talks about players "expressing" themselves.... our SYT's are expressing themselves???? running game expressing ourselves???? what the hell does that mean?????
                  football is a simple hard nosed game about blocking and tackling and sacrificing your body.... it has nothing to do with expressing yourself..... lol

Staley would make a nice harmless kindergarden teacher but he is not tough enough or scary enough to coach men to play football.......

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Just arrived in Atlanta with the wife after a 4 hour drive from Nashville. Touristy stuff onSaturday, game on Sunday.

Life is good!

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                      that is insane.... we are not better than anyone right now....

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                        When haven’t they been? Only to be decimated. This team may need a game where they’re not favored to rile them up.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Just arrived in Atlanta with the wife after a 4 hour drive from Nashville. Touristy stuff onSaturday, game on Sunday.

Life is good!
                          have fun and enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                          X