Chargers @ Falcons Pre Game Thread (Week 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post
    With the bye week, and 2 weeks to prepare, my finger is pointing at Staley and his staff......I expect them to come out prepared, no more coming out initially and playing like shit like the last 2 weeks....unacceptable.

Falcons are run oriented and less likely to take total advantage of Bolts horrible free safety passing play .......bring a safety up....

Bolts need to start incorporating some corner and safety blitzes on 3rd and long, watching other teams utilizing with good success.......Staley/Hill vanilla D just sucks......and Staley is a Defensive guru?, my ass.

Should consider removing Carter from punt returns to concentrate on full time WR on mid to deep routes...put a sure hands FC guy back there, Bandy maybe.

I'm sure we are sick of watching the Bolts fail on 3rd/4th down and one yard or less, considering the FA and draft capital invested in OL....OL coach has to scheme better and get the other lineman fired up dammit..It's time for the OL to man up with the rest,

Hopefully, JH is feeling better and will push the ball down the field more........and run for a few key first down opportunities but only utilizing slides .....hopefully they use Everett more too, Eke can't do everything.

Maybe they should look at adding K Hunt.

Agreed about looking terrible post bye
    Team needs to come out prepared and ready to play
    Offense - practice 15 plays and get off to a good start
    run defense will be crucial Sunday - as the Falcons want to run it

I just hope they look like a well prepared team post bye

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

There are so many unknowns on the offense that I hope people temper their expectations on suddenly flipping the switch and looking like last year (not that some here even want that):

How are Herbert's ribs?
      Will Allen play and will he look like himself?
      Will Palmer play and will he get concussed again after one tackle?
      Will Parham play (see Palmer above)?
      Is Pipkins knee healthy?
      How is Linsleys knee tendinitis?
      With Williams out, are Moore, Bandy or perhaps Reed really going to be our downfield threat?
      Is Spiller healthy and will he actually get any snaps and do anything with them?

The D is much healthier than the O so will an extra week of soul searching suddenly take away the big plays?

I see another tight game coming down to the wire.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        There are so many unknowns on the offense that I hope people temper their expectations on suddenly flipping the switch and looking like last year (not that some here even want that):

How are Herbert's ribs?
        Is Pipkins knee healthy?
        With Williams out, are Moore, Bandy or perhaps Reed really going to be our downfield threat?
        Is Spiller healthy and will he actually get any snaps and do anything with them?

The D is much healthier than the O so will an extra week of soul searching suddenly take away the big plays?

all very valid questions
        just have to hope some of the health issues are better news

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
          I think we make Marriota look Godly.
          As usual....

Comment

• Kellyb72601
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Arthur Smith is likely to scheme this defense to pieces. Mariota doesn't throw often, but Smith is really good at scheming up big plays when he does throw. It's gonna be difficult to stop them. We better be able to run the ball effectively. If not it has all the makings of a blowout in Atlanta's favor IMO.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

couple of fluke wins against bad teams.

still don't believe in this team yet.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

How are Herbert's ribs?

IMO, worse than we're being told. I think he's clearly handicapped which, in turn, handicaps the entire offense. Throw in the injuries to our WRs and OL, our woeful lack of a running game, and you've basically negated an entire offense, and it shows. I also believe that opposing teams have the philosophy that they are going to jam the LOS and see if Herbie can beat them. To date, he hasn't been able to do that. And it's not like he's forgotten how to play QB over the past 4-5 weeks.

I've said this before: once this season is over, the truth will come out. He's been playing hurt to the point that it's largely affected his game.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

couple of fluke wins against bad teams.

still don't believe in this team yet.
                  Chargers 4 wins come against teams that are combined 8-20-1

Chargers 3 losses are against teams a combined 12-11

This team has proven nothing yet. I cant think of one really impressive performance all 4 quarters.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2021
                    • Carlsbad, CA
                    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                    • Send PM

Atlanta will run the ball. Staley like to play 5 DB's most of the time. You do the math.

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

IMO, worse than we're being told. I think he's clearly handicapped which, in turn, handicaps the entire offense. Throw in the injuries to our WRs and OL, our woeful lack of a running game, and you've basically negated an entire offense, and it shows. I also believe that opposing teams have the philosophy that they are going to jam the LOS and see if Herbie can beat them. To date, he hasn't been able to do that. And it's not like he's forgotten how to play QB over the past 4-5 weeks.

I've said this before: once this season is over, the truth will come out. He's been playing hurt to the point that it's largely affected his game.
                      Yep, so again, why bother with TWO backup QBs? Maybe we will use them if Herbert breaks his f'n leg???

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                        Chargers Hall of Fame
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
                        Atlanta will run the ball. Staley like to play 5 DB's most of the time. You do the math.
                        Which makes no sense to me. This "light boxes" defensive scheme clearly isn't working. But Staley's married to it. Believes in it so much that he's unwilling to craft his D to match his personnel.

As much as Gus Bradley drove me bonkers (oh those 3rd and 15+ conversions), he at least had the wherewithal to scheme a totally new D during the playoffs. That playoff win against the Ravens was so unique and out-of-the-box that it caught them (and us fans) off-guard. And it was wonderful. A truly Belichick-type moment.

And I've not seen anything like it from our D under Staley. And this fact (when you have Derwin James) is a crime.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

How are Herbert's ribs?
                          Is Pipkins knee healthy?

all good points...

I think its time to start Spiller at RB, move Ekler to slot receiver so it gives Herbet 2 playmakers at RB on field at same time who can catch and run...

WR needs to be KA and whoever the best available receiver we have is.....

time to get more aggressive with play calling.... not regressive like its been for weeks

Comment

Working...
                          X