Chargers at 49ers Pregame Discussion (Week 10)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgbpasha
    #болтап
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

This is what's used at SoFi:

http://www.hellasconstruction.com/Products/Turf/

Comment

• Classic
      Hall Of Fame
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
      I always thought Lynn ended up in Detriot. I guess he'll be motivated to stick it to us on SNF

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

I think we'll do better than some people think we will. The team is going to have players who will try to fill the shoes of the guys who went down to injury. Who will be hungry, and want to prove that they belong on the roster.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Send PM

Did anyone catch Dan Orlovsky on ESPN talking about the Chargers offensive scheme? He said something interesting that I've seen myself in glimpses during games, and that is that based on him watching Herbert's recent games that he seems frustrated with the playcalling during the game at times, and has a tendency to lob it long to almost no one in particular at some points within the game because he isn't getting enough play calls that allow him deep out reads. I've paraphrased what he said, but you can listen to the take here: https://youtu.be/bh9UeydUwMI?t=250

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
              We know the 49ers are going to get yards on the ground .

The question will be can we prevent the big, back breaking run? Can we make a stop late in the game when it matters?
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
                Did anyone catch Dan Orlovsky on ESPN talking about the Chargers offensive scheme? He said something interesting that I've seen myself in glimpses during games, and that is that based on him watching Herbert's recent games that he seems frustrated with the playcalling during the game at times, and has a tendency to lob it long to almost no one in particular at some points within the game because he isn't getting enough play calls that allow him deep out reads. I've paraphrased what he said, but you can listen to the take here: https://youtu.be/bh9UeydUwMI?t=250
                Wouldn't that just be throwing the ball away?
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Everyone there thinks that Lombo wants Herbert to fit into his offense, as opposed to tailoring it around Herbert's unique skills.

Not as if that point has never been made here.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

I got a chance to re-watch the Falcons game yesterday. Since I was there I really did not get to see and replays, etc. as the Falcons did not like showing the other team succeeding. I have to give a big shout out to Deandre Carter for this game. He was signed as a special teams (mostly) guy but injuries have put him in with the 1's. He really balled out on Sunday, filling the role of Keenan quite well. 3rd down conversions and 4th down chain movers were just part of his day.

I hope he balls out like that versus SF & KC.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think that in the Raiders game and the Chiefs game, Herbert did go down field more. That was when he did not have cracked ribs. Since the Chiefs game it is pretty obvious that Staley and Lombardi have been trying to adapt to the limitations the ribs place on Herbert. They did it to protect him and also to try to win. As I understand it, the injury Herbert has is erratic and from moment to moment it can feel very different. They don't want him to launch a long, contested ball when they don't know how he is going to feel on that particular snap. It might become an easy INT. And they don't want to expose him to hits waiting for deep routes to clear. They are also limiting his running to buy time and protecting a rookie LT. I think Herbert has been way more hurt than he has let on and the coaching staff has let on.

I am not sure why this is overlooked or not understood and the reaction is that Lombardi is a complete idiot who thinks he has Chad Pennington at QB? Other than some people don't like Lombardi (certainly their prerogative) and this fits their narrative?

And finally, if you really watch the games closely, there are more shots that Herbert can take but he keeps passing them up. It is not too hard to see if you watch more than just where the ball ended up thrown to. Kind of undermines the Orlasky Principle.

Carter has been a revelation, that is for sure. Hope they can find a way to sign him as we only have a one year bargain rental on him.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

I am utterly astonished at what I'll call the "lazy reporting" about the offense. If people don't like the Lombardi offense, that is fine though it was a top 5 offense last year. But jeez - we ended the game in Atlanta down our LT1, RT1, WR1, WR2, WR4, TE2 and RB2 with a QB just starting to look comfortable as he is getting over his cracked ribs. The team has no speed, one explosive offensive player in Ekeler and the offense is held together with duct tape and popsicle sticks, all the while having to overcome a defense that is allowing a staggering number of big plays and points. WTF do people think the O of any team will look like given those limitations? This notion that Lombardi is wrecking Herbert because we aren't utilizing his rocket arm or have him run while he is hurt and the roster is trotting out so many backups is beyond bizarre to me. I'll even go further - I think the coaching staff has done a remarkable job having us hang in these games and pulling them out.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

It is very interesting. I have to admit, most pundits I watch - these guys included - are usually of the opinion that Herbert's skills are under-utilized in the offensive scheme the Chargers run. But then you look at last season when he was second only to the GOAT in passing yards and broke franchise records for TD passes and passing yards.

Comment

Working...
                          X