Chargers at Raiders Pre Game Thread (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Additionally, as I opined in an earlier post, I think Staley is going to game plan the defense to focus on preventing Jacobs from having a big day and force the Raiders to rely on Carr to win the game. Carr had a decent game with 295 yds and 3 TDs, but he also threw 2 INTs. The Raiders' passing attack has been weakened by the absence of Waller and Renfrow.
    Look for Davis or Samuel to make a game changing play, late, if it's a close game and the Turds have to rely on Carr.
    D really showed last week, when they had too( shame we can't stop the run in the 1st half though.....) against a better O.
    Be nice to see our O unleash a butt whoopin' but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

We haven™t even confirmed he™s a poor man'™s Schofield project yet.
      Scho was a vet who was serviceable at one time, but went downhill quickly. The Bolt brass kept raving about what a great prospect Jaimes was when drafted almost two years ago in round 5. In the meantime, Sayler, a 6th rounder in 2022 projected as a G, has already gotten a lot more snaps at T than Jaimes at G. Even Sarell, signed as a FA, has gotten more snaps at T than Jaimes at G...Feiler is running on fumes, and Jaimes is a project, so we could use a quality upgrade at C-G in draft or FA...

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Scho was a vet who was serviceable at one time, but went downhill quickly. The Bolt brass kept raving about what a great prospect Jaimes was when drafted almost two years ago in round 5. In the meantime, Sayler, a 6th rounder in 2022 projected as a G, has already gotten a lot more snaps at T than Jaimes at G. Even Sarell, signed as a FA, has gotten more snaps at T than Jaimes at G...Feiler is running on fumes, and Jaimes is a project, so we could use a quality upgrade at C-G in draft or FA...
        I'm pretty sure someone here was propping up Sarell pre-draft, as a guy to look at, due to his high rank coming into college, then subsequent Pac 10 play. Obviously derailed with injuries but the guy certainly has skills.
        Maybe getting some run this year gives him an opportunity to compete for RT1 next year( if he actually shows he can play!)?

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
          Be nice to see our O unleash a butt whoopin' but I'm not holding my breath.
          This matchup *should* favor Herbert and the Chargers. The Raiders have given up the 7th most passing yards in the league this season, despite playing some of the worst passing offenses in the NFL (Titans, Texans, Broncos twice). The Raiders are tied for last in team sacks - despite Maxx Crosby - and have only 4 INTs on the entire season - tied for third worst.

The Chargers have the 6th best passing offense in the league, despite Herb's rib injuries and injuries to WR & TE. In his last two games, with KA back in the lineup and with his ribs on the mend, Herbert has thrown for 554 yds/5TDs/1INT against pass defenses that are statistically better than the Raiders. Herbert's passing yards is third most in the past two games and his passer rating in those games were 113.2 and 109.7.

If they have a plan to slow down Crosby, the rest of the Raiders' pass rush doesn't pose much of a threat. And the Raiders' defensive backfield ranks among the worst in the league. Even with Mike Will missing another game, Herbert **should** easily be able to rip the Raiders' secondary apart.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Additionally, as I opined in an earlier post, I think Staley is going to game plan the defense to focus on preventing Jacobs from having a big day and force the Raiders to rely on Carr to win the game. Carr had a decent game with 295 yds and 3 TDs, but he also threw 2 INTs. The Raiders' passing attack has been weakened by the absence of Waller and Renfrow.
            I don't have faith in a horrible player like Kenneth Murray to execute any "plan".

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

2023 FA?
              we need OL that can open up lanes for every RB more than another very expensive RB.

:what:

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Agree. Scho was below avg the day he got here, imo. Resign Pip and they can draft C/G in the third and maybe get a playmaker early. Or a stud IDL. Most great teams have a disrupter in the interior DL that makes both the outside DL/edge and LBs all better. And to think of all the years this forum said NT is a relic of the past. Pfft, a NT that can blow up the A gap, prevent straight runs and collapse the front of the pocket is ALWAYS a great value to any team. Just look at Staley with vs without AD.

But Herbie deserves a real playmaker too … so … umm …
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Attack
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I'm pretty sure someone here was propping up Sarell pre-draft, as a guy to look at, due to his high rank coming into college, then subsequent Pac 10 play. Obviously derailed with injuries but the guy certainly has skills.
                  Maybe getting some run this year gives him an opportunity to compete for RT1 next year( if he actually shows he can play!)?
                  I'd think that if an OL was motivated to get better, he would voluntarily train with Duke Manyweather in the offseason like Pip did. Staley/TT should be requiring Salyer, Sarell, and Storm to go to Duke's facility and train with him (Storm only if he is viewed as having workable skills). If not those 3, then Jaimes and any other backup. It seemed to really help Pip. For me, Pip needs to be re-signed.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

If the “replacements” have a good day, we win. If they go half assed depending on others, we lose.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

AFC Playoff standings now sit at:

6. Bengals
                      7. Jets
                      8. Chargers
                      9. Patriots

Sunday, if the favored Vikes beat the Jets, the favored Chiefs beat the Bengals and the Chargers beat the now favored Raiders, it will be:

6. Chargers
                      7. Jets
                      8. Bengals
                      9. Patriots
                      interesting, that with as bad as Chargers are they still have a shot of sneaking into playoffs as WC......... lol

Those 3 teams are better and better coached than Chargers..... What would happen if Chargers actually played those better teams?...odds are we would loser at least 2 of 3 or most likely 3 of 3.....Turns out Chargers schedule was extremely weak, yet badly coached chargers just barely win or just barely lose.......

with as bad as we have played, and struggled, Ive seen that KA is back to shooting off his mouth trash talking the raiders and giving them ..... great coaches would never tollerate that.... its unacceptable.....

If Chargers were undefeated and dominating everyone, then ok, shoot off your mouth... but when you are struggling to barely beat bad teams, you have no business shooting off your mouth to fire up a bad opponent who always plays you hard...... KA has not done that in awhile, so I thought he finally out grew that bad behavior....... Chargers have some talented and also stupid players but do not have a disciplined tough coach who will not accept that kind of behavior.....

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                        hose 3 teams are better and better coached than Chargers..
                        I don't think the Jets or the Patriots are better than the Chargers.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

:idby:

Comment

Working...
                          X