Chargers at Raiders Pre Game Thread (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Per TruMedia, Herbert has been pressured in 2.5 seconds or less on 28% of his drop backs. That’s the leagues HIGHEST rate!!

Our OL continues to suck at pass and run blocking. Why can’t Telesco build even an average OL? (Ditto for DL)
    Injuries.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Per TruMedia, Herbert has been pressured in 2.5 seconds or less on 28% of his drop backs. That’s the leagues HIGHEST rate!!

Our OL continues to suck at pass and run blocking. Why can’t Telesco build even an average OL? (Ditto for DL)
      Injuries have taken their toll on the OL too.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Send PM

Chargers injury report

Did not participate:
        • CB Bryce Callahan (groin)
        • S Derwin James (hip)
        • C Corey Linsley (concussion)
        • OLB Khalil Mack (rest)
        • T Trey Pipkins (knee)
        • WR Mike Williams (ankle)
        Nasir Adderely (thumb) was a limited participant

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Injuries.
          I think injuries to Offensive linemen are common and league wide. It happens every year for the Chargers and I recall some years under Norv, every OL was replaced and backups replaced as well.

If it’s going to take no injuries for the Chargers to ever make the playoffs again, good luck waiting for that to happen.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

I think injuries to Offensive linemen are common and league wide. It happens every year for the Chargers and I recall some years under Norv, every OL was replaced and backups replaced as well.

If it’s going to take no injuries for the Chargers to ever make the playoffs again, good luck waiting for that to happen.

OL depth is a weakness that hopefully gets addressed in year 3 of the Staley era.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Chargers injury report

Did not participate:
              • CB Bryce Callahan (groin)
              • S Derwin James (hip)
              • C Corey Linsley (concussion)
              • OLB Khalil Mack (rest)
              • T Trey Pipkins (knee)
              • WR Mike Williams (ankle)
              Nasir Adderely (thumb) was a limited participant
              Ironically, of all players on the team, I was most concerned about Mack’s durability this season and he’s turned out to be iron man!

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Ironically, of all players on the team, I was most concerned about Mack’s durability this season and he’s turned out to be iron man!
                Same. If anybody was going to get injured I thought it'd be Mack first.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

OL depth is a weakness that hopefully gets addressed in year 3 of the Staley era.
                  Hopefully there is no 'year 3 of the Staley Era' (because it's been a forgettable era so far).

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                    Chargers Hall of Fame
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

What Lombo need to do better is get better screens and misdirections going when teams are overloading the pass rush like AZ was with 5 and 6 rushers.

It would help if the blockers he did have out there leading the receiver actually blocked the one fucking defender that could stop the play as well. Different topic unrelated to play calling. Not sure how many times I saw one lone defender elude two or more useless blockers to stop the receiver around the LOS.
                    On this part we definitely agree.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                      Chargers Hall of Fame
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm not sure we did have a worse OL then. With this year's OL we can't run the ball and Herbert is often under duress. Is that better? Zion looked real good for the early games but he's gone downhill of late. Meantime we lost a pro-bowl LT and our RT is playing on a bad knee and our Center has been in and out of the lineup. We don't have a decent running game and everyone we play knows it.
                      2020: LT Sam Tevi, LG Forrest Lamp, C Dan Feeney, RG Trai Turner (9 games), RT Bryan Bulaga (10 games). (Trey Pipkins, Cole Mazza, Storm Norton, Scott Quessenberry, Tyree St. Louis)

2022: LT Rashawn Slater (3 games), LG Matt Feiler, C Corey Linsley (9 games, so far), RG Zion Johnson, RT Trey Pipkins (10 games, so far) (Storm Norton, Jamaree Salyer, Will Clapp, Brenden Jaimes)

So this year we lost Slater and inserted Salyer.

It's a decent argument. It seems to me that this year (w/out Slater) we're only marginally better than 2020.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

2020: LT Sam Tevi, LG Forrest Lamp, C Dan Feeney, RG Trai Turner (9 games), RT Bryan Bulaga (10 games). (Trey Pipkins, Cole Mazza, Storm Norton, Scott Quessenberry, Tyree St. Louis)

2022: LT Rashawn Slater (3 games), LG Matt Feiler, C Corey Linsley (9 games, so far), RG Zion Johnson, RT Trey Pipkins (10 games, so far) (Storm Norton, Jamaree Salyer, Will Clapp, Brenden Jaimes)

So this year we lost Slater and inserted Salyer.

It's a decent argument. It seems to me that this year (w/out Slater) we're only marginally better than 2020.

If that’s true after we invest 2 first round picks and significant FA money in Linsley then we have massive problems. Give me Scar and draft weapons

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                          Chargers Hall of Fame
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

If that’s true after we invest 2 first round picks and significant FA money in Linsley then we have massive problems. Give me Scar and draft weapons
                          One of those first round picks is currently a rookie learning the NFL. The other was an all-pro last year and was the #2 OL we could ill-afford to lose. Of course (being the Chargers) we lose HIM.

Linsley is the #1 OL we can't be without (and, of course, he goes down a couple of times).

Had we kept Slater and Linsley all year and lost, say, Fieler - we MAY have been able to weather all this better. The drop from Slater/Linsley to their backups is tremendous.

Chargers are snake-bit.

Comment

Working...
                          X