Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

You might remember the Chargers had a great drive going just before Halftime.

They were in the Red Zone. 10-10. 3rd and 3 from LVR 16 yard line. Time out LVR. Incomplete. Figgie. 13-10. We needed a TD here, as time expired, with first possession in the second half to follow.

Then in a blink, LVR were in FG range. No good. Lucky.

Beginning of second half. Ekeler fumbles. LVR TD pass on the next play. 17-13 LVR.

It realistically could have been 24-10 LAC, there, with an opening TD drive in the 3rd quarter.

For ALL the narratives and ALL the negatives, this is where, what was to end up a one score game, was decided. Momentum and any pressure on Carr was given away for free.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

OK. Did you post this about next year to appear smart? :thumbsup:
      I will continously study and learn.

Jets. Pats. Ravens. Dolphins. Chargers. Three spots in the playoffs.

With Lamar's injury, we clearly have the best QB.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        You might remember the Chargers had a great drive going just before Halftime.

They were in the Red Zone. 10-10. 3rd and 3 from LVR 16 yard line. Time out LVR. Incomplete. Figgie. 13-10. We needed a TD here, as time expired, with first possession in the second half to follow.

Then in a blink, LVR were in FG range. No good. Lucky.

Beginning of second half. Ekeler fumbles. LVR TD pass on the next play. 17-13 LVR.

It realistically could have been 24-10 LAC, there, with an opening TD drive in the 3rd quarter.

For ALL the narratives and ALL the negatives, this is where, what was to end up a one score game, was decided. Momentum and any pressure on Carr was given away for free.
        Wu, if they were a better team they could have seized control of the game in the sequence you described. But they aren’t. Jacobs fumble, pick 6 and fake punt conversion all in the first quarter. Game was there for the taking.

Comment

• LarryAW
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sdchrgrboy View Post
          Remember when AJ supposedly told LT on a plane ride home that his career won't be in vain? Well he had a great career but never played in a Super Bowl. That's a travesty and I fear may well happen to Herbert unless major changes are made to the GM position.
          LT was a playoff non-factor once he got hurt in the 2007 playoff win against the Colts:

2007: hurt and contributed "6" yards on the ground in the 2007 playoff loss to the Patriots.
          2008: missed entire 2008 playoffs due to an injury.
          2009: contributed "24" yards on the ground and nothing through the air (even though he caught 3 passes) in the 2009 playoff loss to the Jets.

Can't blame the team, coaching staff, GM, owner, or Mother GAIA for this.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

It’s fine if you have a non-fiery whiz kid wunderkind young Inexperienced guy as HC…IF you build monster players of talent around him. But, when those pieces of the puzzle are no longer there, you’re left with what he totally depended on and not much else.

Comment

• SK21209
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2020
              • San Diego
              • Send PM

I've tried to be optimistic and point out the favorable schedule down the stretch and possibility of getting guys like Bosa and Slater back, but at this point fuck it I think I want the better draft slot and coaching changes. Give me Sean Payton at HC and Dennis Allen at DC if the Saints let him go. Those late-career Brees Saints teams were always extremely well coached, had sensible game plans every week and had a swagger about them that this franchise desperately needs. If we can get away with not trading our first rounder for Payton, I'd go passrusher or Michael Mayer in the first and try to keep building depth on both sides of the line.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Wu, if they were a better team they could have seized control of the game in the sequence you described. But they aren’t. Jacobs fumble, pick 6 and fake punt conversion all in the first quarter. Game was there for the taking.
                Yes.

The 3rd and 3 from the 16 sequence is what I am pointing to Sir.

There were also some Dimes that ended up being crucial drops.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Has this been reported?
                  i dont think so. I think we are just fearing the worst, or normal you might say. He could not put any weight on his leg and Staley said it was knee.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

i dont think so. I think we are just fearing the worst, or normal you might say. He could not put any weight on his leg and Staley said it was knee.
                    Ian Rapapport is reporting it’s not expected to be a major injury.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by lightsout42 View Post

To start they had SJD, Mack, Tranquill, K9, Callahan, ASJ, Davis, James, Adderley yesterday. All of those players are starters.

They were missing AJ, Ogbonnia, Cov, JC, and Bosa.

AJ was such a key piece of the D line, quietly having an outstanding season. We know what Bosa does—when he’s able to play. (Perhaps someone can do an availability analysis; I’d be curious what that shows.)
                      I'm assuming the injured players are back. This team would still struggle stopping the run. They struggled stopping the run even before the injuries started on the interior Dline. Asante Samuel Jr. is a complete liability. His coverage is very inconsistent and he can't tackle AT ALL. He's probably the worst tackling corner in the NFL. He also consistently makes boneheaded coverage errors. His mistake is what led to that flea flicker TD. Adderly is not a legit NFL starter in this defense. Neither of the linebackers are legit NFL starters. That's 4 spots that definitely need upgrades.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

We were a better defense with Gus as the DC.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          Ian Rapapport is reporting it’s not expected to be a major injury.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...or-injury/amp/
                          Some good news, thanks for posting

Comment

Working...
                          X