Dolphins @ Chargers Pregame Thread (Wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Air Coryell
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2021
    • Carlsbad, CA
    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
    Tyreek and Waddle are going to feast in this game. Dolphins should also be able to run at will now that SJD is down. Mike McDaniels and all the other rookie HCs have been leagues better than the Staley and Lombardi clown show.
    This ^^^^. Will be a big Miami win (unfortunately for us)

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I guess so

Well it looks like we are not going to get the Charger season we all hoped for and expected. If i can ask one consolation prize from the football gods I ask one thing....a big win over the Dolphins and Tua with Herbert dominating and making Herbert throws in prime time to shove it down the throat of the dickhead mouthpiece Emmanuel Acho!
      Tua and Herbert are both good QB’s. Ignore Acho and he will fade away. Getting into pissing matches as to which is the better QB is a waste of time, IMO.

99% of NFL analysts and fans believe Herbert is very good. Why give this ahole a rent free room in your head when he doesn’t represent anyone but his own stupid opinion. He’s just a troll who should be ignored.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

A lot depends on our injury list. With Linsley, Pipkins, Mike Williams back, we will compete.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          A meaningless win in a lost season is kind of ridiculous to hope for, IMO. Somehow, posters feel they MUST root for a Chargers' win to "prove" they're a real fan. Well, I'm hoping for 5 straight losses - bad, embarrassing, team-has-given-up losses - so that maybe, hopefully, the Span-Asses will stumble on to GOOD coaching and GM candidates who will come in and build a winning culture.
          Nothing meaningless about any game. I hope and will be cheering for them to win out.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Nothing meaningless about any game. I hope and will be cheering for them to win out.
            Same. I don't get it when someone considers themselves a fan but hopes his team loses. I can't wrap my brain around it.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
              Dolphins should also be able to run at will now that SJD is down.
              Are sure SJD is going to miss the game?

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                Are sure SJD is going to miss the game?
                I just read they think it's something minor. They'll do more test to be sure.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Same. I don't get it when someone considers themselves a fan but hopes his team loses. I can't wrap my brain around it.
                  I'm with you, the Chargers are my team and I always pull for them to win.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

But you can wrap your brain around "fans" rooting for meaningless wins which will all but guarantee the continued putrid product that Staley and Telesco have produced.

Back around 2000, when the Ryan Leaf disaster was playing out, the BEST thing that happened to the Chargers that year was going 1-15. THAT putrid product was enough for Spanos to cut Leaf, fire everyone, and bring in John Butler. The needle, at least for a while back then, started pointing up after that.

A 7-10 or 8-9 season will almost certainly save Staley's, and probably Telesco's jobs. Which means we'll be having the same conversations, again, this time next year. Is that really what you (or any other "fan") wants?

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Not getting my hopes up for this one. A loss and any hopes of the playoffs are nearly gone.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

I’m not rooting for loss this week but I’ve gotten to end of season and hoped for a loss to get a better draft pick. Its the system the team is in, it can make perfect sense at some point for a big picture fan. Game 17, sitting at 3-13, has zero value in a win but might have the #1 pick in a loss. That’s actually a big deal. I don’t see we will be in the hunt for close to #1, but if it gets bad we could be in top 10.

As of now, i still got a chip and a chair, mathematics say we are still in the hunt. Lets go win! I’ll wait for mathematics to slap us in the face before i consider a step back to step forward concession strategy.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

It’s called being realistic about this season and wanting the best for the long run.

When you realize your team isn’t playoff caliber because of injuries, coaching, or voodoo…..you turn your hope to next season where higher draft picks will be an advantage.

Comment

Working...
                          X