Dolphins @ Chargers Pregame Thread (Wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    I look at it like this we are fans but some fans are 2/3rds critics and 1/3 fans in how they present in posts. To me the time to be a critic is between games and the off-season and on game day it's time to root for the team I'm emotionally invested in. If your a believer in the collective unconscious, all the negative works against the team while they are playing. So sending positive mojo to the team on GameDay matters in my opinion and I like to think I have some inside knowledge on this as I benefited from allot of good positive mojo from many of you when I was fighting cancer. That said we all have the right to be both fans and critics but I think it crosses a line if you root against the team because you want the coach GM or a coordinator fired.
    I get having a good, positive mental attitude when you're battling an illness, Jon. That's something that's important in this world. The Chargers are just a distraction; whether they win or lose doesn't affect our lives in any real way (unless one is silly enough to bet on their games ). When it comes to the team, I'd love to see a winning culture - who wouldn't? - and I guess we just all have different ideas of how to get there. There's really nothing more behind my posts than that.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

this is kinda how I feel but staley needs to let go the reigns of being a DC...cuz he's no good at it. and get himself a TRUE DC. was he too arrogant to go get Fangio? Or Fangio was too arrogant to work under his once underling?
      Is Renaldo Hill taking marching orders from Brandon Staley? It's not clear if Hill is calling the plays on D, or if Staley is.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
        I think its fair to acknowledge that we still have decent chance at the playoffs but question if its worthwhile in the long run to get the 7 seed when we know (1) the odds of actually getting to the Superbowl having to face something like KC/BUF/CIN all on the road are extremely low and (2) making the playoffs likely means at least Staley, and maybe the whole coaching staff, is back next year. I'd love to see a Chargers playoff game and would be weirdly confident playing @KC if we're healthier but this team is not winning the Super Bowl this year. There's some value in just getting to the playoffs and experiencing that environment/level of preparation, but I'm not sure its more valuable than the significant changes to the coaching staff/roster that would likely come if we miss the playoffs again.

If I got to choose between (A) making the playoffs and winning one playoff game (likely against KC) before bowing out and then keeping Telesco/Staley/Lombardi, versus (B) missing the playoffs and getting Sean Payton/new GM/new defensive scheme, I think I choose the latter.
        Now stand back and watch some posters call you out for not being a real fan. For what it's worth, I agree entirely with this take.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

We have two OG TPBers exchanging ideas here.

Good.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Good for you, Critty. You're so awesome. Like I said, in another post: It's all just opinions. Disagree all you want; that's why we're here. But there have been a number of posts made against my "lose out" posts which have either said, or implied, that "real" fans don't root against their team. And no, I'm not going to spend time digging up those post(s).

Let's just agree to disagree and ignore each other's posts. At least, that's what I'm going to do with you. One less Pollyanna to endure.
            :beer:
            You will be much better off ignoring me because I will call out your short sighted ignorant phony BS.

Why does it even matter to you that some random fan like myself still want the team to win and Staley to continue to build his program or see the injury as impacting performance. It's all just opinion. It has no impact on anything the Chargers do or will do.

I'm just looking for a better argument from those that want to fire Staley. They seem to ignore Ravens and 49ers missed playoff with good coaches and roster past couple season when they were one of the most injured teams. I compared teams who also had injury and posted the results. This show a bit of a pattern for really injured teams and how hard it is no matter the coach or organization when you have too many key players in IR. Also posted about the improved special teams units and low penalty operation that is occuring with this team to show that there may be some throwing out the baby with the bathwater happening if you fire Staley and will just be spinning your wheels going nowhere with another HC trying to build his program.

You and others who are Negative Nancys chose to act like Ostriches when those details are posted.

#Analogies
            #Cliches
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Qsmokey, I think you missed a couple of points, I think there is room to be a critic both during the season and in the off-season. I know having a positive mental aspect while fighting disease is important but that is different then positive mojo prayer delivered from other people. In the case of the Chargers that's us fans rooting for the team. Every year in two of three games a year you will see a GameDay thread that someone posts for the defence to get an intercept and shortly after that interception happens. Sometimes it happens the other way and some posts this is when we turn it over, and it happens... I think these things are connected I think positive vibes from the masses help the team in game and negative vibes in game hurt the team. That's what I'm saying. I have never questioned your fanhood except after the Raiders signed John Perrella... And I don't now, some of these guys might but your just being a critic in my opinion.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Soon enough we will all be Old Marines...
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

They're right, Tyreek Hill was wide open all game. Tua just wasn't able to deliver the ball under pressure, he's one of the worst QBs in the league facing pressure. I'll be surprised if we give up less than 28 on Sunday.
                  They said he wasn’t under pressure. Just missed

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

And in no surprise the Chargers injury report got bigger today instead of smaller. More and more guys DNP’ing or limited.

does anyone want to play football on this team?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

*The Chargers conducted a walkthrough Wednesday and participation is an estimate.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

I have reached the point this season where losses just don't faze me anymore. I am going glass half full and I look at each loss at improving our first rounder. Maybe it's a lame attempt to keep sane, I dunno. Anyway I would love for us to win out and make the playoffs (hopefully), but if not I will just chalk it up to shit injury luck, some bad coaching and let it all be. Cest la vie.........

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

:beer:
                          You will be much better off ignoring me because I will call out your short sighted ignorant phony BS.

Why does it even matter to you that some random fan like myself still want the team to win and Staley to continue to build his program or see the injury as impacting performance. It's all just opinion. It has no impact on anything the Chargers do or will do.

I'm just looking for a better argument from those that want to fire Staley. They seem to ignore Ravens and 49ers missed playoff with good coaches and roster past couple season when they were one of the most injured teams. I compared teams who also had injury and posted the results. This show a bit of a pattern for really injured teams and how hard it is no matter the coach or organization when you have too many key players in IR. Also posted about the improved special teams units and low penalty operation that is occuring with this team to show that there may be some throwing out the baby with the bathwater happening if you fire Staley and will just be spinning your wheels going nowhere with another HC trying to build his program.

You and others who are Negative Nancys chose to act like Ostriches when those details are posted.

#Analogies
                          #Cliches
                          Critty, he is using what in debate is called "the straw man argument." Legitimate opposition football takes are first distorted or exaggerated. Then the created false narrative is argued against.

Essentially, one has an argument with ones self and they never lose.

I would say there is a massive spitball fight in here. It includes repetition, peddling of irrelevant stats and analytics, both by posters and by quoted pundits !

The search continues for answers and football substance.
                          Last edited by wu-dai clan; 12-07-2022, 04:36 PM.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X